Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

He was a good player for us, a great bloke, and I wish him all the best. Was hoping him getting home would be the end of his battles, but there's obviously more hoops to jump.

Look at the last couple of years that Hogan has had. He's a young kid that's lost his father to cancer, then gets cancer himself. And all in the eye of the entirety of Australia. I'm not at all surprised that he has anxiety. I just hope now that it's public he gets all the help he needs to sort himself out.

I struggled with anxiety and panic attacks in my mid-twenties; it's a ******* pit you genuinely battle to pull yourself out of.

It hits everyone differently, but it effectively stopped me being a functional human being for nearly a year of my life. I was brute forcing myself through at work, but as a result I was a nervous wreck at home, borderline insomniac and sick to the point of doing some serious damage to my health and costing me two of my closest relationships. I also made some spectacularly bad decisions with regards to alcohol at the time.

Eventually I broke down at work and asked for help; despite feeling like a failure for doing so.

As pissed off as we all might be with this; there are, ultimately, more important things in life than footy.

I hope Jesse gets himself right; whatever he's struggling with.

Last edited:
Weber, Lyon and Rosich have to go for us to become a serious, professional sporting club.

Our culture is ****ed again. Ross and Rosich talked tough in Ross’s first 2 years with us but have let it sink back to worse than it was under Harvey!

Joke!

I struggled with anxiety and panic attacks in my mid-twenties; it's a ******* pit you genuinely battle to pull yourself out of.

It hits everyone differently, but if effectively stopped me being a functional human being for nearly a year of my life. I was brute forcing myself through at work, but as a result I was a nervous wreck at home, borderline insomniac and sick to the point of doing some serious damage to my health and costing me two of my closest relationships. I also made some spectacularly bad decisions with regards to alcohol at the time.

Eventually I broke down at work and asked for help; despite feeling like a failure for doing so.

As pissed off as we all might be with this; there are, ultimately, more important things in life than footy.

I hope Jesse gets himself right; whatever he's struggling with.
Good post.

As angry and disappointed as we all are, it's easy to forget how much bullshit he's been through in the last few years.

Good post.

As angry and disappointed as we all are, it's easy to forget how much bullshit he's been through in the last few years.

We’re starting to get a good record of players who just can’t handle it, do we not do psychology tests to see if they’re right in the mind, we’re meant to be a successful club like every other bloody team in the west but seem to be a proven dumping ground for players who just don’t give a s**t and want a free handout fml

Good post.

I am not angry with Jesse at all. I hope he finds his way through this.

I am ****ing ropable with the club that we decided to take him with both this AND his foot. Plain stupid. Doesn't matter if he comes good either as that is just good luck covering up a woeful decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not angry with Jesse at all. I hope he finds his way through this.

I am ****ing ropable with the club that we decided to take him with both this AND his foot. Plain stupid. Doesn't matter if he comes good either as that is just good luck covering up a woeful decision.

Your conclusion makes no sense - You are upset we took him i part due to his foot injury. Yet if it turns out he isn't hampered by that you will still be upset? Bizarre logic mate.

Your conclusion makes no sense - You are upset we took him i part due to his foot injury. Yet if it turns out he isn't hampered by that you will still be upset? Bizarre logic mate.
No, the foot alone I can deal with. It is arguably worth the risk and I don't have the information to make the call. Happy to stand by the club on that one now it is done.

What I am not happy with is Hogan comes with the risky foot AND the mental health issues. Simply to much baggage for the price and I don't care what happens with Jesse's career, it was the wrong decision and always will be.

The point: getting lucky with the result =/= a good decision made. If I am playing poker and I think my opponent has pocket aces and I call his all in with my 2/7 off, no matter what happens it is a terrible decision to make that call. Even though there is a chance I can win. Doing so doesn't change the fact it was a terrible decision.

So clearly, I hope Jesse goes on to kick 800 goals for us but even if he does, I don't agree with the decision to trade for him at the price we did.

I gotta admit I had some doubts when we traded in Jesse but overall, at the time, I took the positive view.

Now I see why Melbourne got rid of him. Could not even make it through the pre-season..poor bugger.

No, the foot alone I can deal with. It is arguably worth the risk and I don't have the information to make the call. Happy to stand by the club on that one now it is done.

What I am not happy with is Hogan comes with the risky foot AND the mental health issues. Simply to much baggage for the price and I don't care what happens with Jesse's career, it was the wrong decision and always will be.

The point: getting lucky with the result =/= a good decision made. If I am playing poker and I think my opponent has pocket aces and I call his all in with my 2/7 off, no matter what happens it is a terrible decision to make that call. Even though there is a chance I can win. Doing so doesn't change the fact it was a terrible decision.

So clearly, I hope Jesse goes on to kick 800 goals for us but even if he does, I don't agree with the decision to trade for him at the price we did.

That makes more sense - I suppose I would just keep the foot side out of it. As to the rest, that makes sense and is the same reason I think getting Harley here was a good decision given how little we paid for him. No matter the outcome it was a good decision at the time.

I do feel for him, anxiety can be a real beast.

Doesn't really fill me with any hope for the season though if he's already struggling round 1 before any footy has really been played.

Do back him in to turn it around long-term so any talk of the trade already being a bad call is a bit premature I feel.

That makes more sense - I suppose I would just keep the foot side out of it. As to the rest, that makes sense and is the same reason I think getting Harley here was a good decision given how little we paid for him. No matter the outcome it was a good decision at the time.
Yeah exactly. At the price we got Harley for you do it every time even though the odds aren't in our favour. Clearly the odds on Hogan are MUCH longer than we thought and as such both the salary and trade mean you just don't do it.

Anxiety can be tough anyone here done public speaking hell even exam get me all queasy .

Afl sounds like a toxic industry to be in, some one as laid back as dusty also suffered from mental health issues last year.

Im surprised jesse was coping so well to honest dead father, long term injury plus suffering cancer himself.

Remember this isn't our premiership window and I for one would like him to sort himself out first.

So wishing you all the best jesse.

I call Racism.

Jessie Hogan's Irish heritage is seriously being culturally misappropriated here. The Orange men took his ancestral lands and gave them them shallowest of Potato plots.

Guinness is but the sweet medicine afforded to the blight survivors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back