malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
Neale saw problems within the club that Bell and now JLo are cleaning up. Neale is a professional, and rightly so went where he saw himself being more successful as a footballer. Financials were never an important, just a bonus in the move.
Trying to convince yourself? Neale wanted to be paid like Fyfe, plain and simple. It was a business decision.

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Trying to convince yourself? Neale wanted to be paid like Fyfe, plain and simple. It was a business decision.
100% agree. Weller, Neale, Hill all got monster deals min $750k pa all reaped us top 10 picks and all came into the club at pick 13, 22 and 50’s in neales case.

Brisbane/ Saints/Gold coast with sizeable salary cap space actively pitched to players from a susceptible, developing, young Freo side.

Tide will turn. We will have the war chest soon and multiple high end top 10 talent.

Hogan is essentially a pick 1, so next year hypothetically he wants a $1m a year, or does something stupid off field I expect the club to say no and trade/ delist.

It is why longmuir will never guarantee anyone past their contract year.

Btw Cripps as a FA is not out of the question if we send a godfather deal to his manager.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers

Tide will turn. We will have the war chest soon and multiple high end top 10 talent.

Will we? Assuming they stay fit and in form Ryan, Cox, Logue, Darcy, Young, Serong, Cerra, Brayshaw, Tucker, Hughes, etc will be looking for a pay rise when they come out of contract.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
That there wasn't things wrong at our club at the time isn't as convincing though.
There are always things wrong at clubs. Top players, especially ones on front loaded contracts managed by Young, always cite non money reasons for moving and regularly move to lush new contracts.

Players who don't leave for more money don't get paid top dollar. Why would the destination club do that?

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
That there wasn't things wrong at our club at the time isn't as convincing though.
We left the door open and Neale’s manager got to work. Bit like when we poached RTB. Neale was a list management issue. Lloyd whilst he could pop some collars and pull off the odd poker bluff Amazing trade deal wasn’t all beer and skittles in his role. Chris Bond got stale as well.

Yes there were some issues with some players not working hard and getting up to odd mischief - definite room to improve culture which JL with assistance is working on but not the reason Neale left.

Plus people don’t know for sure but like saying it because it makes them feel better. Like Neale didn’t get on with Shane Kersten, He didn’t like that the popular Sheridan got delisted but Bennell got a year extension, Ross yelled a few players... I mean please it’s just BS

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
Neale’s manager is no genius, the guy negotiated a deal so s**t with Fremantle that he had to shop his client around (while contracted) to get a better deal. He was lucky Brisbane had cap money and picks to fix his mistakes.

Facts, Neale was pissed when he found out he was underpaid. What I don’t get is why he was mad at Fremantle? nobody forced him to sign such a s**t deal. He should’ve been mad at his manager from the start. Brisbane saved his manager big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Neale’s manager is no genius, the guy negotiated a deal so sh*t with Fremantle that he had to shop his client around (while contracted) to get a better deal. He was lucky Brisbane had cap money and picks to fix his mistakes.

Facts, Neale was pissed when he found out he was underpaid. What I don’t get is why he was mad at Fremantle? nobody forced him to sign such a sh*t deal. He should’ve been mad at his manager from the start. Brisbane saved his manager big time.

Literally no evidence to back this up.

Also, just watched the JL and Barich interview. People love listening to the media, literally nothing wrong with what JL said. Body language and the love JL has given to Hogan post game......sometimes commonsense goes a long way. Hogan is staying.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
Literally no evidence to back this up.
No idea about the shite deal or otherwise, but I spoke to a senior member of FFC management around the time and he flat out said we wouldn't pay the money Lachie was being offered at Brisbane. We made him an offer and the Brisbane offer was a lot more $$$'s - who can blame Lachie. Over the 5 year deal at Brisbane, he was being offered a Million dollars more.

I'm sure there were other circumstances that helped him make his mind up, but there's a million cold hard reasons to leave.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Neale’s manager is no genius, the guy negotiated a deal so sh*t with Fremantle that he had to shop his client around (while contracted) to get a better deal. He was lucky Brisbane had cap money and picks to fix his mistakes.

Facts, Neale was pissed when he found out he was underpaid. What I don’t get is why he was mad at Fremantle? nobody forced him to sign such a sh*t deal. He should’ve been mad at his manager from the start. Brisbane saved his manager big time.

He's got every right to be pissed. A club needs to structure their pay so it's fair regardless of contract timing and assume everybody knows what each other is on. If you don't and bend over certain agents then you will ultimately have unhappy players who start looking else where. All the highly successful clubs never have this happen and their players are generally considered underpaid in the industry.

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will we? Assuming they stay fit and in form Ryan, Cox, Logue, Darcy, Young, Serong, Cerra, Brayshaw, Tucker, Hughes, etc will be looking for a pay rise when they come out of contract.

Yes I have no doubt we have been under paying last two years, with three high $ players leaving Neale, Hill, Weller. We have the cap space already. It’s the elephant in the room for the reduction of cap space and rules around under payment of Cap and bringing funds forward. Existing clubs like GWS/Hawks/eagles will not able to match offers.

I have zero doubt we have planned to put a monster offer to Cripps when he’s a RFA to at least make him think about a move home.

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
The thing I dont get about the Hogan trade talk is that he us on, what, $750k-$800k with us.

Who else is going to give him that money? So the likelihood of him agreeing to a trade is pretty low.

Jonesy85

Draftee
Sep 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
The thing I dont get about the Hogan trade talk is that he us on, what, $750k-$800k with us.

Who else is going to give him that money? So the likelihood of him agreeing to a trade is pretty low.
I can see gold coast offering him 7 figures maybe even norf, but it's really more if a suns thing to do.

Jan 23, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle

Honestly I believe it is half that. it’s the off field concerns that will not get a trade done. If freo get a first round offer he can pack his bags.

I remember Garry Lyon went from one week saying the Dees were crazy to let him go, prior to trade, I kid you not the very next week he was saying yeah it’s best to give him a new start etc... ie someone gave him a call from the Dees .

Jesse is a brilliant footballer, but I’ve heard his out of season stuff is the concern almost out of the club earlier this year. He’s at a crossroads, last chance saloon and reckon the club needs to get him a chaperone in the offseason.

This could very well be Bennell 2.0 or if we are lucky and hogan pulls his finger out And bags 50 goals playing out of the square.

Back