Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Any AFL player in 2020 who is a heavy smoker is just taking the piss to be honest. Matera and Jordan were at their peak 25 years ago. Different era, different cultures.
There’s Andy Brayshaw Doing extra sprints on Christmas Day to get an edge for preseason. Caleb Serong hungry to learn everything he can, like a sponge on how to maximise his talents on and off the field. Nat Fyfe literally transforming his body to become an AFL player. David Mundy the ultra professional - supposedly one of the best and most disciplined trainers at the club. There is literally no excuse for being a smoker, if it’s true. None.
Disagree. I've typed about this before.
Some people are just naturally better. It's when those people put in the extra effort and time that they elevate into another level.
Jordan was already on another level, and then he had this out of control desire to win and be the best which elevated him into GOAT territory.
Fyfe was naturally gifted, but his desire and drive to become better has taken him to where he is now.
Brayshaw pretty good but working harder is propelling him further.
Hogan, pretty bloody good, and natural ability will always see him through most likely, but it's the mental side that is letting him down, if he develops the drive that the other blokes have that's when he becomes a generational forward. Time is obviously running out.
Jeremy Mcgovern is another example, looks like his pre-seasons consist of Mrs' Macs pies and Dare iced coffes but he still goes ok.

I am impartial with whether Hogan stays or goes. The reason is, the club must be unsure if he will even get through the Summer without achieving some massive headline for the wrong reasons. He just seems like a self centered dude incapable of making decisions with his teammates and employer in mind. It is all about Jesse's needs in the now. This is probably why he is such a good footy player when he is in the right mindset - he has that arrogancy that he can do anything.

The main issue with him, is everything he does attracts all the media attention and points to cultural issues, when nothing could be further from the truth. We have re-signed all of our youth, and a good developing key position list, and we are playing good footy, and it is going to be an exciting 2021.

Admittedly, it would be shite to see him go to another club and play some awesome footy, but it would be s**t to have him on the list and watch the train wreck continue. His track record with us is rubbish, with some signs of what we expect from a player of his ability. I trust in the club hierarchy to make the best call for the whole club and list going forward. We do not know how many warnings he is on, we do not know how many games we will get out of him next year anyway. He is facing a suspension to kick off the season.

If he is here next year, great the club are backing him in, and think they can work with him. If not, then I trust the club have enough information to mitigate the long term of Fremantle FC. These are the hard decisions we have to make as a club.

At least Jesse will never win a Brownlow at another club.
Some of the Bell-ends that have made exec decisions at Freo are morons.

See what I did there, and I don't really just mean Bell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate the thought of Hogan going, mostly because of the net cost to the club buying high and selling low - can anyone ease my pain with a predicted GWS trade scenario.... ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think mid 2nd round is our best outcome and it could be a lot worse than that.

I hate the thought of Hogan going, mostly because of the net cost to the club buying high and selling low - can anyone ease my pain with a predicted GWS trade scenario.... ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hogan + 3rd rounder
For One or two second rounders.
Very meh. Great move for him, if it eventuates. No one over in NSW would care nor bother with him.
Really think should let Hogan play his last season, if it doesn’t work, cut him. Too many what ifs here.

GWS doesn’t have a key forward to offer us. It benefits them significantly and less so us in terms of depth. Over draft picks. We need mature agers KPF and someone like Wright we should consider.

I'd rather Hogan + our secound round for a late first personally.

But if we get 2 secound rounders, remembering we still have one already, that's 3, dangle them in front of the WB? Surely that helps them, points wise.

Ask for Zac Langdon in return, that will jar west coasts butt.

Would take 2 2nds in a heartbeat. Would also love Hill but not sure the club like him based on Tundra's comments pre draft.
I’d imagine Freo would ask that, first. Get feels on what could be the highest offer.
Ask for Zac Langdon in return, that will jar west coasts butt.
Let west coast have him. Can’t see where he fits for either side. Little games, can’t break into the team at GWS. Real meh factor about it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back