Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

My main issue is we have exactly ******* donuts to replace him.

Taberner gets injured and we are beyond f’ed
I cannot emphasise this enough.
Tabs goes down, and a wet noodle Lobb is our back up. Logue as forward is a joke.
Our win/loss record without Tabs is horror reading.
Fyfe won’t want to be told to play forward 80% of the time, in his peak years, because the club couldn’t guarantee nor draft a KPF to try and win a flag. Luckily he signed a long term contract, because he seriously should consider his career given the mess of the forward line.

Tabs goes down, and a wet noodle Lobb is our back up. Logue as forward is a joke.
Fyfe won’t want to be told to play forward 80% of the time, in his peak years, because the club couldn’t guarantee nor draft a KPF to try and win a flag. Luckily he signed a long term contract, because he seriously should consider his career given the mess of the forward line.
All we can hope for if this happens is that we draft a young key forward (Callow, Tilthorpe etc) and just puli early games in to them

The other scenario is Darcy goes down and Lobb is full time ruck. Tabs carrying the whole forward line on his shoulders is also extremely unappealing.

All we can hope for if this happens is that we draft a young key forward (Callow, Tilthorpe etc) and just puli early games in to them
Big KPF's take 2-3 times longer than midfielders so you're talking 3-4 years before they make an impact, don't think Fyfe or many supporters will have the patience for that.

The other scenario is Darcy goes down and Lobb is full time ruck. Tabs carrying the whole forward line on his shoulders is also extremely unappealing.
Either Meek has to play then or we get another ruck discard such as Tom Hickey or Nathan Vardy. Lobb's body wouldn't last 10 games playing 100% ruck.

Even then, that’s 2-3 years. Are we going to sacrifice that to continue this culture facade? Unless they’re the King brothers, could end up being a prospect like Hipwood- just play games into them but ineffective.
Walters and Fyfe are at that stage of their careers where they should be making finals, rather then rebuilding like the last 5 years. Miss finals this year, and we know what the excuse would be if Hogan indeed does go.

Meek would step up to fill Darcy’s role if he’s injured and whilst untried, as a back up ruck I’m sure he’ll be fine. Lobb and Tabs would be ok with Fyfey down there occasionally too.

Remember Pearce could be back next year which would allow us to use Cox forward if we got desperate, or we could use Pearce forward.

Hopefully we can promote our first pick by using the Hogan trade to be able to get Thilthorpe otherwise I’m sure we’ll draft another tall or two if we get multiple picks for Jesse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meek would step up to fill Darcy’s role if he’s injured and whilst untried, as a back up ruck I’m sure he’ll be fine. Lobb and Tabs would be ok with Fyfey down there occasionally too.

Remember Pearce could be back next year which would allow us to use Cox forward if we got desperate, or we could use Pearce forward.

Hopefully we can promote our first pick by using the Hogan trade to be able to get Thilthorpe otherwise I’m sure we’ll draft another tall or two if we get multiple picks for Jesse.
Agree with all of that & I don’t think we even need to be desperate to play Cox forward, I think he’d be a revaluation, particularly with a new found belief.

We definitely need to draft a pure tall forward first up who’s ready to go in 12 months as I have doubts over both Pearce & Hamling being consistently fit. Cox will hopefully be one of our key tall defenders for the next 10 years, but may be needed forward next season.

Not against the club looking at Jackson Callow if we can’t get down the order. Reminds me a lot of Tom Hawkins.

Don’t forget people are planning for a fully fit Pearce, who hasn’t played in nearly 2 years as well as Hamling who has had multiple surgeries.
Definitely shouldn’t be in a position where we’re relying on those types of players if Hogan is traded.
Gosh the tall defensive and forward stock/depth is horrible.

Ask for Zac Langdon in return, that will jar west coasts butt.

Oh we will be laughing whether he stays or goes.

"A feather in Bell's cap." lol

Oh we will be laughing whether he stays or goes.

"A feather in Bell's cap." lol

I'm impressed you can devote so much attention to little old Freo between tugging it to the latest Nic Nat puff piece and tearful defences of drug cheat Rioli :tearsofjoy:

Obsession always finds a way eh lol

Ask for Zac Langdon in return, that will jar west coasts butt.
yeah but it’ll jar ours in the process as well.

Don’t forget people are planning for a fully fit Pearce, who hasn’t played in nearly 2 years as well as Hamling who has had multiple surgeries.
Definitely shouldn’t be in a position where we’re relying on those types of players if Hogan is traded.
Gosh the tall defensive and forward stock/depth is horrible.

I can't remember when it wasn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back