Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh we will be laughing whether he stays or goes.

"A feather in Bell's cap." lol
Take good care of Zac Langdon. I actually think he'll go well.

As long as you find him a suitable mentor that is.

Wait - is that Willie Rioli.. This is all starting to make sense.
download.jpg

2x second round picks is a great stop loss. The bloke really is a 50/50 from here.

Options instead of Hogan:

Sturt
Cox
Logue
Fyfe
Lo
I don’t want Hogan to go, but given the number of games he’s actually played recently, if we can get Sturt back into the team we’re not too bad, and then I’m really keen to see how Cox would go as a forward after his year down back which saw HUGE improvement

Why is he up for trade? Was the girl he snuck into his house the last straw, you need the pick(s) he'd bring, or just wanting to make a statement?

He's the sort of player you'd keep on your list despite the indiscretions, he could end up being as good as Kennedy, worth the risk.

Nobody actually knows.

I think it’s just about the vibe.

I don’t want Hogan to go, but given the number of games he’s actually played recently, if we can get Sturt back into the team we’re not too bad, and then I’m really keen to see how Cox would go as a forward after his year down back which saw HUGE improvement
Anyone heard any whispers on the S&C selection process? That's probably more crucial than any other decision that they have in front of them right now.

I get the feeling that the recruitment of Jesse Hogan on its own, would not have been done. The club would have known Jesse had many issues, but it’s the accumulation of other club issues that forced Rosich to pull the trigger, to the point where the pressure was on Rosich (& Lyon) to keep his job & I think 10 months later we saw the result of that pressure.

I don’t think Ross wanted Jesse, but was willing to back in his greatest confidante & ally at the club. All Ross has really said on it is ‘the club as a whole takes responsibility for the recruiting of Jesse’. Bell didn’t want him, but was new to the job & did what he was told.

I can guarantee that if Rosich was still at the club, Jesse Hogan would not even be in trade discussions. Knowing Steve, there is no way he would admit any fault with his recruitment, but the club now has the freedom to exercise that right.

Rosich felt the pressure of trying to fill a new stadium, Lachie Neale, his current F&B wanting out of the club & the pressure from sponsors & members to turn around some s**t form on the park. If we were in the same position now, I reckon Bell would not allow the recruitment of Jesse Hogan.

In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if comments by Neale to the club internally about Bennell would still be ringing in Bells ears now, probably reinforced by Longmuir.

As much as I hate to say it, I don’t think he will fulfill his potential with us. I’ve tried denying it, but I don’t think WA is the right place for him as he is tight with his off field mates & just doesn’t seem to be able to fit in with the current group at Freo. These young blokes coming in are just too professional, which is why Jesse has to go for us to keep moving forward.☹️

I get the feeling that the recruitment of on its own, would not have been done. The club would have known Jesse had many issues, but it’s the accumulation of other club issues that forced Rosich to pull the trigger, to the point where the pressure was on Rosich (& Lyon) to keep his job & I think 10 months later we saw the result of that pressure.

I don’t think Ross wanted Jesse, but was willing to back in his greatest confidante & ally at the club. All Ross has really said on it is ‘the club as a whole takes responsibility for the recruiting of Jesse’. Bell didn’t want him, but was new to the job & did what he was told.

I can guarantee that if Rosich was still at the club, would not even be in trade discussions. Knowing Steve, there is no way he would admit any fault with his recruitment, but the club now has the freedom to exercise that right.

Rosich felt the pressure of trying to fill a his current F&B wanting out of the club & the pressure from sponsors & members to turn around some sh*t form on the park. If we were in the same position now, I reckon Bell would not allow the recruitment of. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if comments by Neale to the club internally about Bennell would still be ringing in Bells ears now, probably reinforced by Longmuir.

As much as I hate to say it, I don’t think he will fulfill his potential with us. I’ve tried denying it, but I don’t think WA is the right place for him as he is tight with his off field mates & just doesn’t seem to be able to fit in with the current group at Freo. These young blokes coming in are just too professional, which is why Jesse has to go for us to keep moving forward.☹️

Worst post in a long time! Why? because too much of it is true...

hurts to admit it but some players are better off near home and some not so much. I think Jesse got off on the wrong foot and fell back into some bad habits when first coming to the club. I agree with you Drum. He might just be better off away from WA. But I’d be fine if the club kept him too. He’s so freaking talented he is exactly what Freo need of in form.

I’m scared what might happen if he leaves and Tabs goes down next year. These calls for putting Cox up top are misguided imo. Guy was drafted as a HB, we play him as FF and he’s mediocre. We put him back and he looks like a million bucks. Now people want to put him forward? I just don’t see the logic besides the team being desperate for a warm body as forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I get the feeling that the recruitment of Jesse Hogan on its own, would not have been done. The club would have known Jesse had many issues, but it’s the accumulation of other club issues that forced Rosich to pull the trigger, to the point where the pressure was on Rosich (& Lyon) to keep his job & I think 10 months later we saw the result of that pressure.

I can guarantee that if Rosich was still at the club, Jesse Hogan would not even be in trade discussions. Knowing Steve, there is no way he would admit any fault with his recruitment, but the club now has the freedom to exercise that right.

Rosich felt the pressure of trying to fill a new stadium, Lachie Neale, his current F&B wanting out of the club & the pressure from sponsors & members to turn around some sh*t form on the park. If we were in the same position now, I reckon Bell would not allow the recruitment of Jesse Hogan.

In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if comments by Neale to the club internally about Bennell would still be ringing in Bells ears now, probably reinforced by Longmuir.

As much as I hate to say it, I don’t think he will fulfill his potential with us. I’ve tried denying it, but I don’t think WA is the right place for him as he is tight with his off field mates & just doesn’t seem to be able to fit in with the current group at Freo. These young blokes coming in are just too professional, which is why Jesse has to go for us to keep moving forward.☹
Whilst we are all guessing, I think this is a pretty fair summation and my guess is that it’s not far off the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The calls to move Cox back FWD are ridiculous, especially given the fragility of Pearce and the fact the Hamling may never play another game

I’m finding posters who seem to think it’s likely Hamling never plays another game just as ridiculous, if not more so, as posters saying playing Cox forward is possibility tbh.

Our injury record isn’t great but outside of Morabito and Bennell there hasn’t been any half decent player we’ve lost completely due to injury. We even managed to get a 37 year old Aaron Sandilands on the park ffs.

Rosich felt the pressure of trying to fill a new stadium, Lachie Neale, his current F&B wanting out of the club & the pressure from sponsors & members to turn around some sh*t form on the park. If we were in the same position now, I reckon Bell would not allow the recruitment of Jesse Hogan.

As much as I hate to say it, I don’t think he will fulfill his potential with us. I’ve tried denying it, but I don’t think WA is the right place for him as he is tight with his off field mates & just doesn’t seem to be able to fit in with the current group at Freo. These young blokes coming in are just too professional, which is why Jesse has to go for us to keep moving forward.☹
Your pretty much bang on with recruitment of jesse being almost purely a marketing/business decision for the reasons you outlined and agree rosich was probably leading the charge

However I’m still not convinced bell should be let off the hook regarding it/continually given a get out of jail fee pass by supporters.

He was in on it just as much as the others.

I’m not sure how you can say he was just doing what he was told whenthe
guys always shown a propensity to want have his say in club matters , even harking back to his playing days.

And again as has been posted previously ad nauseam , the guy was a board member for quite some time before becoming footy GM.
This wasn’t his first rodeo at the club.

He lives near me and I always see him alone. Literally never see him with anyone. Was thinking the same thing on the weekend.
Some people are naturally introverted, and then occasionally overcompensate because of their ‘aloneness’ by acting out to get the attention they aren’t getting because they self-isolate, but internally crave because they spend so much time on their own.
Nothing wrong with being a bit of a loner, as long as you use your ‘attention time’ in a constructive, not self-destructive manner. Unfortunately Hogan seems more prone to the latter.

Haven’t seen this posted so here ya go. Apologies if someone beat me to it. I don’t read every post in this thread. 🤪

THE LATEST ON JESSE HOGAN
Former Collingwood recruiter Matt Rendell believes troubled Fremantle forward Jesse Hogan is set for a big move east.
Rendell told Trade Radio he believed Hogan would end up at Greater Western Sydney in 2021.
"I believe it's a fait accompli. That's my strong mail," he said.
It would be Hogan's third club after stints with Melbourne and the Dockers.
Rendell said he could be used by the Giants as either a key forward or key defender.

https://www.afl.com.au/trade/trade-talk

Haven’t seen this posted so here ya go. Apologies if someone beat me to it. I don’t read every post in this thread. 🤪

THE LATEST ON JESSE HOGAN
Former Collingwood recruiter Matt Rendell believes troubled Fremantle forward Jesse Hogan is set for a big move east.
Rendell told Trade Radio he believed Hogan would end up at Greater Western Sydney in 2021.
"I believe it's a fait accompli. That's my strong mail," he said.
It would be Hogan's third club after stints with Melbourne and the Dockers.
Rendell said he could be used by the Giants as either a key forward or key defender.

https://www.afl.com.au/trade/trade-talk

Rendell has been in the spotlight 3 days, and laid big claims each day.
Each of which have been wrong.
Binuk has been sacked by Adelaide- nope, he’s still employed
Dogs are seriously interested in Mason Cox - nope, they haven’t even spoken to his manager.
Now this. He’s the Hardie of the east.
He screwed up Adelaides list, then C’Wood.

I can understand that. I get along with people, but prefer not to be around them. Don’t know how to have positive platonic friendships. Then when the sass hit, all hell breaks loose and I get myself into all sorts of trouble. Then the regret of those decisions forces me to close off to those around me more.
Getting better, slowly, but it’s a hard road. The wheel turns, grinds you into the mud some days, lifts you up on others, and you tend to try and protect other people from your chaos
You’ve pretty much described large chunks of me and my life. That’s why I don’t see it as an issue that he might be more of an introvert. 50 blokes on a club list - you’re going to have a pretty wide range of personality types.
Fyfe was always described as a ‘weird cat who kept to himself’, now it seems he’s just about the best loved guy at the club. Ryan and Cox are way out there, Hilly was (is?) called Humphrey cos he never spoke. McPharlin was committed to his faith, The Wiz was a showman with off-field issues, Walters was banished and came back a different player and now he has an AA jacket, has realised his prodigious talent and is a mature family man. Blakely is a ratbag in more ways than one, Brayshaw is Mr Squeaky-Clean... you could go on and on.
So Jesse keeps to himself. He goes off a bit to release his whatever it is he needs to release.
But he’s fit, he trained well during lockdown, fought his way back into the team and played well. He ran loads of kms, presented well, provided an option up the ground, knew where to lead, and when to drag his man to give Tabs space.
Him being a ‘weird psycho loner’ wouldn’t be the reason he’d be moved on. And him being a party animal might actually be related to him being a ‘weird psycho loner’. The brain and mind do weird things that don’t often make sense.
But if he is moved in, I reckon there’s been some serious breach of trust somewhere along the line, despite his insta posts about ‘can’t wait to get back to it’, and ‘excited to be going to the Doig’ (obviously a bit too excited).

You’ve pretty much described large chunks of me and my life. That’s why I don’t see it as an issue that he might be more of an introvert. 50 blokes on a club list - you’re going to have a pretty wide range of personality types.
Fyfe was always described as a ‘weird cat who kept to himself’, now it seems he’s just about the best loved guy at the club. Ryan and Cox are way out there, Hilly was (is?) called Humphrey cos he never spoke. McPharlin was committed to his faith, The Wiz was a showman with off-field issues, Walters was banished and came back a different player and now he has an AA jacket, has realised his prodigious talent and is a mature family man. Blakely is a ratbag in more ways than one, Brayshaw is Mr Squeaky-Clean... you could go on and on.
So Jesse keeps to himself. He goes off a bit to release his whatever it is he needs to release.
But he’s fit, he trained well during lockdown, fought his way back into the team and played well. He ran loads of kms, presented well, provided an option up the ground, knew where to lead, and when to drag his man to give Tabs space.
Him being a ‘weird psycho loner’ wouldn’t be the reason he’d be moved on. And him being a party animal might actually be related to him being a ‘weird psycho loner’. The brain and mind do weird things that don’t often make sense.
But if he is moved in, I reckon there’s been some serious breach of trust somewhere along the line, despite his insta posts about ‘can’t wait to get back to it’, and ‘excited to be going to the Doig’ (obviously a bit too excited).
Absolutely. I’m sure Freo, like my workplace, would be ok with him going AWOL every now and then, if his output the rest of the time was higher than average.
Just starting to look like more than that unfortunately.
Do hope we’re all wrong, and this can all be sorted and he stays.
If he can play 18 out 25 games in a year, at full commitment, and missed the others to work on himself, I think that’s still a good outcome

*shrugs* We shall see, what we see.

Absolutely. I’m sure Freo, like my workplace, would be ok with him going AWOL every now and then, if his output the rest of the time was higher than average.
Just starting to look like more than that unfortunately.
Do hope we’re all wrong, and this can all be sorted and he stays.
If he can play 18 out 25 games in a year, at full commitment, and missed the others to work on himself, I think that’s still a good outcome

*shrugs* We shall see, what we see.
Must Agree

There has to be some disgruntlement behind The scenes for them to cut loose a very talented ( but yet to show it to his current employer) player when they know full well that their forward line is a bit of a s**t show and they have a chance at finals looming quickly .

Speculative but I back the action if he is as much trouble as is being portrayed.

So the narrative that Bell didn’t want Hogan is simply because he was the one to read out the club statement regarding their due diligence? Or are we to believe he went rogue and read the prepared statement without checking with anyone else at the club first?

I for one am not giving Bell a free pass if we trade Jesse for peanuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back