List Mgmt. The sign up Mclovin thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Paladin

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My mail is that he wants to stay. He loves the club and the direction it is heading in. Having said that, its a bit like JJ and Crouch last year. He is in no rush to sign because he believes that he will command more money the longer the season goes on.

Club wants to wrap it up pretty quickly understandably but Mitch is happy to stay but will hold it off for the time being. I truly hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the ass like it did last year with JJ where he could have had him signed up earlier in the season for significantly less. Once Brisbane came into play with a monster offer we needed to get into their ball park to keep him.

I am hoping that we won't make the same mistake with Mitch McGovern and Jake Lever.
Jenkins no doubt we made a blue but we cant do much if Mitch wants to hold out for a while can we.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
What if paying him more money a year compromises our offer for a massive FA?
I doubt we're getting a player better than McGovern (or any player for that matter)

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
My mail is that he wants to stay. He loves the club and the direction it is heading in. Having said that, its a bit like JJ and Crouch last year. He is in no rush to sign because he believes that he will command more money the longer the season goes on.

Club wants to wrap it up pretty quickly understandably but Mitch is happy to stay but will hold it off for the time being. I truly hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the ass like it did last year with JJ where he could have had him signed up earlier in the season for significantly less. Once Brisbane came into play with a monster offer we needed to get into their ball park to keep him.

I am hoping that we won't make the same mistake with Mitch McGovern and Jake Lever.
There is no point being cute and trying to reduce the cost and be tightarses, make him a very attractive offer now that makes him want to sign.

He's shown this preseason and on the weekend he's already taken it up another level as his confidence has grown. He will kick 40-50 by year end and take mark of the year.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
He's shown this preseason and on the weekend he's already taken it up another level as his confidence has grown. He will kick 40-50 by year end and take mark of the year.
He was a NTTAWWTteenth from taking it Sunday

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is no point being cute and trying to reduce the cost and be tightarses, make him a very attractive offer now that makes him want to sign.

He is a ready-to-go KP CHF. If he keeps developing like this and he should, I'm calling it now, he'll be Jeremy Cameron or better. FFS Crows please give him the farm.

True - he also had the option of announcing it to his barber when he got his last haircut. I guess he was able to negotiate a better deal on the Jeep in exchange for the scoop, though.
he should have held out for better, a half eaten sandwich was next on offer

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
he should have held out for better, a half eaten sandwich was next on offer

He, he basically took the Kramer free-coffee-for-life offer. Hopefully his negotiation skills are at a similar level when it comes to working out his next contract with us :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back