List Mgmt. The sign up Mclovin thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovely thanks, you?
Pretty good. Went away a couple of times. Took the kids to the beach a lot.

Keen for footy to start now.

Also have a bit of a cough I can't shake.

Yes he did, came back as The Imperial System I reckon.

I can't thinker of the other poster.
Jokes like that are a shilling a dozen around here.

What ******* difference does it make?

Best flavour of also ran?

You have got to be joking?? Every year we are having a crack, we will get it soon. We have had some bad luck with coach and not keeping players, but jeez are you serious?

Take this year. Week 1 next week, we are having a tilt at the top 4 and GF. Carlton will finish bottom 4 - where would you rather be?

Take last year, we both didn't win the GF, and I was devastated by the loss to Sydney, it was crap and we played crap, but during the year I was so glad we were smashing teams and not getting smashed.

You honestly don't care??

You have got to be joking?? Every year we are having a crack, we will get it soon. We have had some bad luck with coach and not keeping players, but jeez are you serious?

Take this year. Week 1 next week, we are having a tilt at the top 4 and GF. Carlton will finish bottom 4 - where would you rather be?

Take last year, we both didn't win the GF, and I was devastated by the loss to Sydney, it was crap and we played crap, but during the year I was so glad we were smashing teams and not getting smashed.

You honestly don't care??
I guess the question is ... how much can you take? How long are you happy with us just doing our best, making the finals and having a real crack at it? If you never break the drought (and it is a drought now) what's the use?

Personally, I'm getting close to my breaking point in terms of waiting "for it all to fall into place". No GF in nearly 20 years is not ok with me ... I'm giving this squad a real chance of winning the premiership in 2017, and I'd expect the players and coaches are much closer to my position on this than yours. The time is now boys and girls. No excuses, no "within a kick" , no getting into the finals and having a red hot go ... I want us to go all Ricky Bobby - win or die trying :)

rickybobby-2.jpg

No I don't. I'm talking about the value of a traded / drafted player.

If you don't think the players you have in your team matter, I don't know what to tell you.

Every player that comes in matters, because they take the place / money / contract of another player that could have been in the squad.

Let's take PD as an example. If you venture across to the Cats board you will find a number of their supporters that still think they made the wrong choice with Danger / Henderson / S.Selwood. They gave up young talent for older talent. If these players don't win a cup, what is the use? They will be behind the 8-ball for years to come. Look, I like that they are taking the risk - but if that risk doesn't pay off, you'd have to question if it was the right risk.

If you think AFL clubs are in the business of finishing as high as they can, every year - I reckon you need to have another look.

Premierships count. Not profilts, not number of members, not website hits, not twitter followers, not All-Australian selections, not Rising Stars, not Brownlows, not 300-game players ... in the end, all that matters is premierships.

The players that deliver that premiership will prove that their acquisition (by trade or draft) was the right choice. If we don't win a premiership, then we need to look at the choices that led to the outcome and be ruthless in how we assess those decisions.

Same goes for coaches. If they don't win a premiership, they were the wrong choices too.

We haven't won one since 1998. That's bad. 20 years is just around the corner.

I appreciate your comments, and fair enough. I agree that trading is a cost benefit - we get Hampton, we lose second round draft pick (looks like Joe Atley went to Port that pick - I could be wrong).

So we trade out an 18 year old for a 22 year old - who will retire four years earlier all things being the same.

How good will Atley be? I hear he is in line for a debut this year. How many games will he play? And the big question, would we have picked him at all? I think we are all watching these types of things.

How many years did we watch Dangerfield vs Ebert? After about 4 years, we all stopped, we made the right choice. But now we have neither, maybe we made the wrong choice?

There are so many variables, but giving up Gore + Milera for Dangerfield doesn't seem like a bad decision (for Geelong!), and they didn't break the bank for it. There might be Geelong fans who are upset that they have gone so far in trades, but the Dangerfield one would have been good in either scenarios - having a tilt at the GF or rebuilding.

I know what you are saying, but I can't see it as being a bad trade if they don't win the premiership, it is equally bad recruitment and bad coaching.

I guess the question is ... how much can you take? How long are you happy with us just doing our best, making the finals and having a real crack at it? If you never break the drought (and it is a drought now) what's the use?

Personally, I'm getting close to my breaking point in terms of waiting "for it all to fall into place". No GF in nearly 20 years is not ok with me ... I'm giving this squad a real chance of winning the premiership in 2017, and I'd expect the players and coaches are much closer to my position on this than yours. The time is now boys and girls. No excuses, no "within a kick" , no getting into the finals and having a red hot go ... I want us to go all Ricky Bobby - win or die trying :)

rickybobby-2.jpg

Yeah, agreed, but as fans all we can do is watch, and when things don't work, sack the coach, sack the board, trade players, pull our hair out, kick the dog, blame port...

rickybobby-2.jpg

Keep the faith out of town crow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, I have it on good authority that McGovern is leaving at year's end. Where did I hear this? Well, I overheard the bloke behind me at the game yesterday talking to his mate / brother / whoever the other guy is. Apparently he has a mate who works at a Jeep dealership, and McGovern just recently bought a car there (he bought a Jeep!), and told him at the time that he was leaving at the end of the season.

So there you have it, these announcements are now being made to car salesmen a full season out from the trade period.

Honestly, I wanted to turn around and say something but I was so completely and utterly speechless at the sheer stupidity of it that I did not even know where to begin until well after the moment was gone.

So, I have it on good authority that McGovern is leaving at year's end. Where did I hear this? Well, I overheard the bloke behind me at the game yesterday talking to his mate / brother / whoever the other guy is. Apparently he has a mate who works at a Jeep dealership, and McGovern just recently bought a car there (he bought a Jeep!), and told him at the time that he was leaving at the end of the season.

So there you have it, these announcements are now being made to car salesmen a full season out from the trade period.

Honestly, I wanted to turn around and say something but I was so completely and utterly speechless at the sheer stupidity of it that I did not even know where to begin until well after the moment was gone.

I heard Danger was leaving two years before he announced it. Swear to god.

Back to reality. The gov has only scratched the surface of what he can do and any astute observer of football will see that. Need to sign him to a Lo g term deal now. We would be a much poorer side without him and we can't afford to lose talent now. Get it done Roo. Five years at 650k?

I'd say we're almost premiership contenders, it would be a stupid decision to leave.
Not many best 22 players leave premiership contending teams

Sign him up NOW

If he's worried he'll miss out on value from competing offers pushing his price higher and playing great footy this season, just pretend he's already played great footy and we're trumping a rival club's offer - and go with that now

Sign him up NOW

If he's worried he'll miss out on value from competing offers pushing his price higher and playing great footy this season, just pretend he's already played great footy and we're trumping a rival club's offer - and go with that now
What if paying him more money a year compromises our offer for a massive FA?

Yeah I always tell a random car dealer, known for their honesty, every intricate detail of my very public life....

Well there are a significant amount of negatives mounting against Adelaide. I know many more people who have left, rather than moved to Adelaide.
I know more people that have left Adelaide, rather than moving here too, but that doesn't mean anything - most of the people I know are from Adelaide (or SA) - I'm not going to know when some random person I've never met moves here from interstate or overseas.

Robbo is saying he has put off contract talks to the end of the year like it's a known fact, has he actually said that? Last I heard was that he wanted to get the first 6 weeks of the season done before talking about it.

My mail is that he wants to stay. He loves the club and the direction it is heading in. Having said that, its a bit like JJ and Crouch last year. He is in no rush to sign because he believes that he will command more money the longer the season goes on.

Club wants to wrap it up pretty quickly understandably but Mitch is happy to stay but will hold it off for the time being. I truly hope it doesn't come back to bite us on the ass like it did last year with JJ where he could have had him signed up earlier in the season for significantly less. Once Brisbane came into play with a monster offer we needed to get into their ball park to keep him.

I am hoping that we won't make the same mistake with Mitch McGovern and Jake Lever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back