Remove this Banner Ad

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi again!

We've just completed the final draft of the Lublin Hornets and sent the money to the winner. Now we can move on to our next AFL Poland logo competition - The Silesia Miners.

COMPETITION DETAILS:
  • Deadline for entry: 24th November 2021
  • Selection process: all the designs will be shown to the players and they will vote on their preferred design in a poll. Note that there may be entries from outside BigFooty too. The players have until the 28th of November to vote.
  • Award: The award for the winning Bigfooty logo is $40. If a Bigfooty design doesn't win the final poll, we will still award the $40 to the BigFooty design which placed highest.

LOGO PARAMTERS:
  • Please use the official Silesia Miners colours, which are predominantly black, with green (00A400) and yellow (FFF800). There is some discussion to change the black to a GWS-style charcoal. If you have the patience to do so - you can submit your design twice - once with black, once with charcoal. But we won't base our choice on whether you've used black or charcoal
  • Please make the logo circular
  • Please include a pick axe either as the main element, or as part of the design

A bit of trivia - Silesia is not an actual city (like our other teams identify with), it is an area which covers the South Western part of Poland (with bits of it in Czechia as well). It is one of the largest coal mining areas in the world (hence the "Miners" nickname). The area has changed hands numerous times, making it rich in history and unique in culture. The Silesians even have their own language, which is somewhat distinct from Polish

Looking forward to seeing your designs!

Last edited:

Long time lurker on this board, thought I would have a go at designing a logo for the Silesia Miners.
Had a lot of fun working on these, I've created three design options. Don't know that any of them are likely to get picked but at least it will give them some options to vote on.

Attachments

• silesia-option1.png
    silesia-option1.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 47
  • silesia-option2.png
    silesia-option2.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 44
  • silesia-option3.png
    silesia-option3.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 45
apparently gnomes are a bit of a 'thing' in Silesia. Don't know if its a big thing, but I ran with it anyway... cause its fun. Not a circle though sorry

Not far off it - The city of Wrocław, which is the capital of that 'region' is known for its gnomes. Unfortunately, 1) we already have an AFL team in Wrocław and 2), Katowice is the 'capital' of this team I guess you could say!

That being said, love the entry!

One of the more interesting competitions... The winner is Mowse!

Mowse's design, although did not incorporate a circle, was chosen by the Silesians based on the following:

"There is an old Silesian mining legend about about a ghost called Skarbek (The Treasurer) who saves miners from bad things that happen in the mine. He was depicted as an old man with a long beard carrying a lamp and a pick axe. He also was depicted with an S on his hat (albeit a miner's helmet)".

Mowse I'll DM you to get your Paypal/bank details. The team would like to ask for a few changes to the design for a bit of an extra payment (as is customary in the comps).

How good is this forum! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't heard back from Mowse on this, including the DM I sent. Perhaps someone has a direct line, and can let Moswe know I've been trying to reach out?
Classic Mowse, shows up for a minute, graces us with his beautiful designs, disappears for another 7 years 😇

Hopefully Mowse sees all this soon. But if he doesn't re-appear in the next week, we might have to revert to a contingency plan. I am not sure what that will be just yet though.

Any suggestions how to resolve all this if Mowse doesn't come back?

Hopefully Mowse sees all this soon. But if he doesn't re-appear in the next week, we might have to revert to a contingency plan. I am not sure what that will be just yet though.

Any suggestions how to resolve all this if Mowse doesn't come back?
Wait 'til he does and then give him the money I'd say. He's earned it. Hopefully he sees your messages and he'll reply when he can 😅

Wait 'til he does and then give him the money I'd say. He's earned it. Hopefully he sees your messages and he'll reply when he can 😅

The only issue is that we really need a few key alterations done to it, in order to finish it off. We pay extra for alterations.

Would that picture be enough for someone else to take it and change a few things?

The only issue is that we really need a few key alterations done to it, in order to finish it off. We pay extra for alterations.

Would that picture be enough for someone else to take it and change a few things?

I think that would be infringing on messing with someone else's intellectual property. Until the final design is made and released to you, the design is still Mowse's, so I would not think that anyone would take on that job unfortunately.

Ow wow, sorry guys. Really didnt think id win this. Ill get on to it later today

Here's the updated logo, let me know what you think.

goZ12qh.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back