The Simpsons - Best Episode and Best Season

Which season is the best of the simpsons?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta put my hand up for Homer at Bat as the GOAT episode, although its hard to narrow it down, I can honestly say no other show has permeated my humor and life as much as the simpsons, my friends and I constantly reference it and its honestly one of the biggest influences on my life.

Also

Auror borealis? At this time of day? in this part of the country? Located entirely in your lviing room?
Yes
May I see it
Mmn no

Season 5 for mine.

Choosing an episode is practically impossible, I would have enough trouble picking a top 5. I'll go with Cape Feare though!

My sentiments regarding The Simpsons are practically identical to FlowersByIrene. The fact that so many quotes can be used in so many social situations is what makes The Simpsons so special. I reckon, no word of a lie, that I make at least a Simpsons quote a day.

Schulzenfest, I think you'd enjoy this thread ;)

Season 5 for mine.

Choosing an episode is practically impossible, I would have enough trouble picking a top 5. I'll go with Cape Feare though!

My sentiments regarding The Simpsons are practically identical to FlowersByIrene. The fact that so many quotes can be used in so many social situations is what makes The Simpsons so special. I reckon, no word of a lie, that I make at least a Simpsons quote a day.

I played basketball on wednesday night, last week one of my mates sprained his ankle, so naturally when we get to the game I pull everyone aside and say
"We're going to win this game today for that little cripple boy Timmy, sitting in hospital, he wants us to win this game, and i know this because.. i cirppled him myself"

Poll is broken. Why does it go into double figured seasons?

I know, I'd be amazed at anybody who picks higher than 10, but I have seen someone say they like season 20 best and their faviourite episode was 'Lisa Goes Gaga' :eek::confused:

You think your Simpsons quoting ability is special? I got a puppy last year and didn't know what to name it, then after a few days I noticed it spent half its life on its hind legs trying to jump on people. So I started calling it Rory, after Rory Calhoun. I challenge anybody to beat that Simpsons reference.
Haha, challenge accepted. On my last prac placement a kid was being loud and obnoxious. So I said "what are you cackling at fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem."*

*may not have happened

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that so many quotes can be used in so many social situations is what makes The Simpsons so special. I reckon, no word of a lie, that I make at least a Simpsons quote a day.

Just 2 days ago a postcard arrived at work that I sent (ya gotta love international post...) with a bikini clad girl on the front, "Wish you were her..." written on the back.
Hopefully at least a couple of people understand.

Oh, and during the week in a thread on the main board I did mention Jeremy Freeman. :p

FWIW: Some of the later seasons aren't as bad as people seem to make out (although, I guess realative to the early years...) after that really weak spell when apparently celebrity appearances meant more than content.

And, not a whole episode, but the Starship Poopers mini Ep of Treehouse of Horror 9 is up there with the funniest 10 mins in tv history.

I think season 4 has it's merits

Homer the Heretic - best ep ever! "Who wears short shorts? I wear short shorts!"
Mr. Plow - "that's my name, that name again is Mr. Plow"
Marge vs Monorail - "think harder homer"
Whacking Day - "I am evil Homer! I am evil Homer!"

I think season 4 has it's merits

Homer the Heretic - best ep ever! "Who wears short shorts? I wear short shorts!"
Mr. Plow - "that's my name, that name again is Mr. Plow"
Marge vs Monorail - "think harder homer"
Whacking Day - "I am evil Homer! I am evil Homer!"

Your getting quotes from 'Homer the Heritic' confused with quotes from "The mysterious voyage of our homer"

Your getting quotes from 'Homer the Heritic' confused with quotes from "The mysterious voyage of our homer"

It's actually a quote in both. :p

Season 4 is the best - without question. One of the single greatest and flawless seasons of television ever.

Season 5 is right behind it. Season 3, 6 and 8 are a tier below. Then 1, 2, 7 and 9, the rest.

I played basketball on wednesday night, last week one of my mates sprained his ankle, so naturally when we get to the game I pull everyone aside and say
"We're going to win this game today for that little cripple boy Timmy, sitting in hospital, he wants us to win this game, and i know this because.. i cirppled him myself"

"I hope they win, or Mr Burns said he's coming back"

Back