The Simpsons - Best Episode and Best Season

Which season is the best of the simpsons?

• Total voters

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
1. El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer
2. You Only Move Twice
3. Trash of the Titans

Favourite season? Toss up between 3, 6 and 8 for me. 6 and 8 were when the series was just at it's absolute peak in my opinion, but I love most of the episodes in 3.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
My fave episode is where they go to New York. Unfortunately since it has the old World Trade towers, I suspect it doesn't get shown very often
Yeah, I think it didn't see much action because of some line in the episode where a guy says 'they stick all the jerks in tower one' or something to that effect.

Don't kill me, but I love 'The President wore Pearls' (Season 15)
I retract this statement.
Cronos mentioned this and I have to change it to 'You Only Move Twice'

I'd forgotten how much quotable stuff there is in that episode.
Is that the
"You don't make friends with salad"
"It's just a little airbourne, it's still good, it's still good"
Episode?

Lisa on Ice as the best episode for mine. Couldn't pick a best season.

Yes, yes I would.

You think your Simpsons quoting ability is special? I got a puppy last year and didn't know what to name it, then after a few days I noticed it spent half its life on its hind legs trying to jump on people. So I started calling it Rory, after Rory Calhoun. I challenge anybody to beat that Simpsons reference.

My nickname for Leigh Montagna is Rory Calhoun because everyone else calls him Little Monty ;)

Season 8 is the best for my money.

You Only Move Twice - Best. Episode. Ever. Contains perhaps my all time favortite scene with the destruction of the bridge and the Indian Minister wanting to take a chance that it fell down on it's own hahahahaha
A Milhouse Divided - You have all sung "Can I borrow a feeling?" and you are lying if you say you haven't.
The Twisted World of Marge Simpson - My second favorite quote: "You have 24 hours to get our money and to show you we're not kidding... you now have 12 hours. See you at 6AM....."
Mountain of Madness - Who doesn't like a good sit?
Brother from Another Series - Best 'meta' reference in Simpson history?

Not to mentions classics like Rex Banner, Frank Grimes, Kang and Kodos running for president, Wiggum PI vs Big Daddy....

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Fav ep 'homer at bat'

Haven't watched much of the last few seasons but caught an ep the other day, was one of the ones where the flash to the future and there a scene with Bart and miss Hoover in bed and Bart exclaimed now I know why they called u miss Hoover, they widened the shot and there was a vacuum cleaner sitting next to the bed....

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
My nickname for Leigh Montagna is Rory Calhoun because everyone else calls him Little Monty ;)

You Only Move Twice - Best. Episode. Ever. Contains perhaps my all time favortite scene with the destruction of the bridge and the Indian Minister wanting to take a chance that it fell down on it's own hahahahaha

The Twisted World of Marge Simpson - My second favorite quote: "You have 24 hours to get our money and to show you we're not kidding... you now have 12 hours. See you at 6AM....."

Not to mentions classics like Rex Banner, Frank Grimes, Kang and Kodos running for president, Wiggum PI vs Big Daddy....

YOMT and TWWoMS are absolutely up there

As is Homer vs the Eighteenth amendment

"I'll get you Beer Baron"

"No you won't"

"Yes i will"

"D'oh"

Can't forget Lisa on Ice either

RippaRiley43

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Season 5 is the best, and Cape Feare in S5 is the best episode of the series. Season 5 also has:

Homer's Barbershop Quartet - probably my favourite flashback episode along with I Married Marge
Marge on the Lam - Lionel Hutz in top form, even by his standards
The Last Temptation of Homer - Think unsexy thoughts
$pringfield - Love Homer's "Floreda" costume for Lisa's geography parade and the boogeyman scene
Homer and Apu - Who Needs the Kwik E Mart?
Deep Space Homer - One of the show's most iconic episodes with the chips and the inanimate carbon rod
Homer Loves Flanders - Love that creepy scene where he walks back into the bushes
Burns' Heir - hilarious, and gave us the "The lesson is never try" quote

Season 6 comes really close, and I also really like Season 7. Seasons 4 and 8 are superb but a little bit overrated (don't like people who REFUSE to consider any episode after Season 8) while Seasons 3 and 9 are pretty underrated. Seasons 1 and 2 are also classic, but the show was still finding its footing in those episodes so they're sometimes a little boring. Season 10 is also really good but sees the end of the "classic era" in my opinion. Seasons 11 and 12 are enjoyable overall, while 13-16 are a step down, although still pretty decent. I haven't seen much of the show past 17 though.

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
Lisa on Ice for me...

Hack The Bone!!! HACK THE BONE!!!

Now pie, I'm gonna go like this, and if you get in the way it's your own fault...

Way to knock out my teeth. That's it Millhouse, keep up the chatter...

Competitive Violence! That's why you're here!!!

Now if the Bible has taught us anything, which it hasn't, it's that women should stick to women's sports, such as hot-oil wrestling, and foxy boxing, and such and such...

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Having watched all the episodes from season 1-9 recently, I would say that 4-5-6 was the peak. Starting falling away season 8-9. Might be a tad harsh but when it jumped the shark for me for me was season 7 'Homer the Smithers' or maybe season 8 'Lisa's date with destiny'.

As for my favorite season it would have to be season 4. Can't go past Monorail, Duff Gardens, Dental plan, Mr Plow and 'Homer the Heretic', easily my favorite episode of all time.
homer-featured-image.png

Scottland2007

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong

A Milhouse Divided - You have all sung "Can I borrow a feeling?" and you are lying if you say you haven't.
Mountain of Madness - Who doesn't like a good sit?
Brother from Another Series - Best 'meta' reference in Simpson history?

Love the bit in "you only move twice" when Homer asks Scorpio if he has any sugar. He replies "yea" and pulls packs of sugar out of his pocket and follows it up with "do you want cream?"

Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine, bona fide
Electrified, six-car monorail
What'd I say?
Monorail
What's it called?
Monorail