The Simpsons - Best Episode and Best Season

Which season is the best of the simpsons?

• Total voters

Druitt Soldier

Team Captain
Oct 30, 2013
Parramatta, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
The best ep is the one with Frank Grimes. The way Homer drives him insane is too funny. Its also got some of the best quote as well.

"You.. you've been to outer space"
"... you've never been"

Season 5, too hard to choose a favourite but 'Bart Gets an Elephant' is probably one of them.

"That wasn't part of our deal Blackheart! That wasn't part!"
"I owe it all to this feisty feline!"
"Well, animals are not like people, Mrs Simpson. Some of them act badly because they've had a hard life, or have been mistreated ... but like people, some of them are just jerks. Stop that Mr Simpson."

Vaple

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Marge in Chains for best episode. Has the best of Hutz and the mention of Flinstones chewable morphine.

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
On the topic of Hutz, my favourite has always been his defence of Homer in court against the Sea Captain's restaurant...

"Are these the actions of a man who's had "all he can eat"...?"

The only case he ever won...

I also use his line in occasional conversation: There's "the truth" (shakes head) and "the truth" (happy nodding)...

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Gotta put my hand up for Homer at Bat as the GOAT episode, although its hard to narrow it down, I can honestly say no other show has permeated my humor and life as much as the simpsons, my friends and I constantly reference it and its honestly one of the biggest influences on my life

Homer at the Bat is just a brilliant episode - I think I've watched that several times over the last year or so along with Lisa the Greek

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

"You don't make friends with salad"

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Oh god, reading this thread it's so hard to pick a favourite.

You Only Move Twice is a classic. Brother's Little Helper is an all time favourite as it's right on the money with over prescribing kids with antidepressants - and it contains the unmistakable cone of ignorance - "put it away, put it away"

Homer's Enemy with Good Ol' Grimey is brilliant as well - I have to quote this whole scene;

GRIMES
Good Heavens! Th-this is a palace! How c-- how can, how in the world can you afford to live in a house like this, Simpson?

HOMER
I dunno. Don't as me how the economy works.

GRIMES
Yeah, but look at the size of this place! I... I live in a single room above a bowling alley and (muttering)below another bowling alley.

HOMER
Wow!

Grimes notices some pictures on the wall.

GRIMES
I'm sorry, isn't that--

HOMER
Yes, that's me alright. And the guy standing next to me is President Gerald Ford. (pointing to the other photos) And this is when I was on tour with the Smashing Pumpkins. Oh! And here's a picture of me in outer space.

GRIMES
You? Went into outer space? You?

HOMER
Sure. You've never been? Would you like to see my Grammy award? (holds it up)

GRIMES
No! I wouldn't! God, I've had to work hard every day of my life, and what do I have to show for it? This briefcase, and this haircut! And what do you have to show for your lifetime of sloth and ignorance?

HOMER
What?

GRIMES
Everything! A dream house! Two cars! A beautiful wife! A son who owns a factory! Fancy clothes and (sniffs air)lobsters for dinner! And do you deserve any of it? No!

HOMER
(gasps) What are you saying?

GRIMES
I'm saying you're what's wrong with America, Simpson. You coast through life, you do as little as possible, and you leech off of decent, hardworking people like me. Heh, if you lived in any other country in the world, you'd have starved to death long ago.

Then there's Homer the Heretic

Vaple

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On the topic of Hutz, my favourite has always been his defence of Homer in court against the Sea Captain's restaurant...

"Are these the actions of a man who's had "all he can eat"...?"

The only case he ever won...

I also use his line in occasional conversation: There's "the truth" (shakes head) and "the truth" (happy nodding)...
"Mr Hutz, are you aware you're not wearing any pants?"

Back