Entertainment & Music The Simpsons Part 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andre

Premium Platinum
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Very quickly discovered that it's not a kid's cartoon, it's an animated sitcom.
That changes across seasons 10 - 11 to become just a kids show. The show, even often the same scene / joke being aimed at both adults and kids in different ways disappears. It'll be interesting to get your view point as someone starting from scratch as an adult when you reach around this point. Kids today, many still like the new episodes, but outside those liking the crudest slapstick style humour not so many that grew up on it. And I doubt those kids will still reference stuff from seasons 12 onwards 20 years later regularly, as many 'old school' Simpsons fans still do for the golden years of Seasons 1-10.

Cadaver

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Darwin
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, Las Vegas Bears
That changes across seasons 10 - 11 to become just a kids show. The show, even often the same scene / joke being aimed at both adults and kids in different ways disappears. It'll be interesting to get your view point as someone starting from scratch as an adult when you reach around this point. Kids today, many still like the new episodes, but outside those liking the crudest slapstick style humour not so many that grew up on it. And I doubt those kids will still reference stuff from seasons 12 onwards 20 years later regularly, as many 'old school' Simpsons fans still do for the golden years of Seasons 1-10.
Nearly finished Season 2. Lisa's Substitute was amazing.

Cadaver

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Darwin
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I'm jealous that you get to watch Season 5 for the first time.

If you're watching on DVD, Season 5 Disc 3 is the :goat: disc for me
Haha no way was I paying for the entire run. Had to pirate everything.

Just finished Season 2 last night with Blood Feud. Mr Burns is an insanely important part of the first 2 seasons, he's easily the biggest character outside of the immediate family. Does this carry through for the whole show?

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Just finished Season 2 last night with Blood Feud. Mr Burns is an insanely important part of the first 2 seasons, he's easily the biggest character outside of the immediate family. Does this carry through for the whole show?
You've honestly NEVER watched The Simpsons???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CJApples87

Club Legend
Jul 3, 2011
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U, Jays, GS Warriors, Packers

Outside of the family members he has more lines than any other character on the show.

adammania9

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Does S3E17 Homer At The Bat have any competition for greatest episode of all time? There are dozens of unbelievable and timeless episodes across the first ten or so seasons but I always thought that ep stood in a league of its own. Keen to hear some others' input.

SparkleNarkle

International Drainage Commissioner
Oct 3, 2013
Springfield
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, UTA
Does S3E17 Homer At The Bat have any competition for greatest episode of all time? There are dozens of unbelievable and timeless episodes across the first ten or so seasons but I always thought that ep stood in a league of its own. Keen to hear some others' input.
Last Exit to Springfield, Lisa's Substitute and Marge vs the Monorail have to come close.

From a personal perspective, I really liked HATB (especially Talking Softball, 'Darrrrrrrryll!, Darrrrrrrryll!' and Homer scratching himself) but it would have been better if I knew who the players were before the episode

Cadaver

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Darwin
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
S03E03 (When Flanders Failed) is possibly my favourite so far bar Lisa's Substitute. The genuine anguish I feel for Ned contrasted with by far the funniest scene I've encountered thus far:

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Last Exit To Springfield. City of New York vs Homer Simpson.

ash_1050

Club Legend
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
21 short stories about Springfield and Mr Plow are two highly rated eps. Personally I would also have Missionary: Impossible in my top 10 eps as well.

Top Bottom