Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
I tried.
Screenshot_20181029-103946_Pages Manager.jpg

(The in-joke is that a promoter of a gig we had didn't let the venue know what was happening and it never went ahead)

St Peter: Homer I didn't see your good deed
Homer: Well I'll be damned!
St Peter: Yes you will.
Pulls lever and homer falls from Heaven to hell.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
“Waylen! Make love to me the way you used to”

Smithers: “No!”

“It’s that horrible Mr Burns, isn’t it?”

Smithers: “You leave miSTER BURNS OUT OF THIS!!” *smashes glass bottles*

————

Mr Burns: “Smithers”
“SMIIIIIIITHEEEEERRRRRSSSSSSSS”

309AABC2-74D9-476E-9A84-D54B04FAA0B4.gif

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
I thought he was found not guilty by a court.

But now he's apparently guilty due to the media.

Joke.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not that I agree with the rationale of MJ being purged from the Simpsons (I was consistently of the opinion that the accuser back then made it all up on the encouragement of his father) but I can understand the position of the producers.

Jimmy Savile was never convicted by a court, either, so using that as the basis for why he shouldn't be purged isn't enough imo.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I said in another thread that whether you can continue to enjoy something from someone guilty of something terrible depends very much on how closely the artist and art are linked. Watching Bill Cosby espouse family values is too jarring, but watching Kevin Spacey play characters completely unrelated to his alleged crimes doesn't bother me. I don't think we should be purging Jackson's music, just be aware of his misdeeds (if confirmed). The Simpsons episode seems even more tangential. Not a fan of erasing history, particularly when it's so damn good.

I said in another thread that whether you can continue to enjoy something from someone guilty of something terrible depends very much on how closely the artist and art are linked. Watching Bill Cosby espouse family values is too jarring, but watching Kevin Spacey play characters completely unrelated to his alleged crimes doesn't bother me. I don't think we should be purging Jackson's music, just be aware of his misdeeds (if confirmed). The Simpsons episode seems even more tangential. Not a fan of erasing history, particularly when it's so damn good.

I have been fairly vocal against George Pell so I am aware I can be labelled a hypocrite for this, but I genuinely believe MJ was simply abused by his dad for all of his life, had a terrible childhood despite outside appearances, and him building Neverland and inviting lots of kids over was simply his attempt to reclaim his lost childhood, and that he genuinely thought it was okay for a grown man to hang around with kids that aren't related to him, and unfortunately dishonest people exploited his naivety and wealth.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I have been fairly vocal against George Pell so I am aware I can be labelled a hypocrite for this, but I genuinely believe MJ was simply abused by his dad for all of his life, had a terrible childhood despite outside appearances, and him building Neverland and inviting lots of kids over was simply his attempt to reclaim his lost childhood, and that he genuinely thought it was okay for a grown man to hang around with kids that aren't related to him, and unfortunately dishonest people exploited his naivety and wealth.
I tend to think it if walks like a duck...

I'm sure his childhood upbringing played a part in his behaviours, but it just explains them, doesn't excuse them. I'll still watch that Simpsons episode though.

I don't condone anything that Michael Jackson has been accused of, but I don't enjoy the rewriting of history every time something bad comes up.
This episode was made 28 years ago and the episode makes no allusions to his accusations/offenses and is an easy watch in isolation.
I can't see the need for it to be whitewashed, at worst put a disclaimer at the start of the episode like Disney does with it's now non-PC cartoons.

Whether he did anything or not who the * knows, but to completely remove the episode seems a bit too far. He wasn't even credited for his contribution.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I recently downloaded the entire run of the show and have started watching it all as I didn't grow up with it. Currently up to S02E04, "Two Cars In Every Garage And Three Eyes On Every Fish".

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Back