Entertainment & Music The Simpsons Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
Homer Badman was my long-term favourite episode. Think I rate Last Exit to Springfield slightly higher these days.

All of these are good nominations though.

Does S3E17 Homer At The Bat have any competition for greatest episode of all time? There are dozens of unbelievable and timeless episodes across the first ten or so seasons but I always thought that ep stood in a league of its own. Keen to hear some others' input.

I think I heard somewhere that one of the show's actors (think it was Julie Kavner) hated that episode - was her least favourite (at least at the time.) Something to do with the parade of guest stars.

I still think it's an amazing episode. Probably the earliest that makes it onto Top 10 lists purely for its jokes, unlike some of the more emotional-based stories around the early seasons.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Doctor Monroe is one of my favourite early season characters.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Now up to S03E07 Treehouse of Horror II.

Like Father, Like Clown was awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why the thumbs down Andre? Fantastic episode. Full of laughs.
It's a s**t episode. The best episodes of the Simpsons have taken something they want to make fun at and exaggerate it. WTF was 'the boot'? It's one of the few misses from the early seasons to me. It has no place alongside others in the season like "Lisa on Ice", "Lemon of Troy" and "Who Shot Mr Burns?".

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
It's a s**t episode. The best episodes of the Simpsons have taken something they want to make fun at and exaggerate it. WTF was 'the boot'? It's one of the few misses from the early seasons to me. It has no place alongside others in the season like "Lisa on Ice", "Lemon of Troy" and "Who Shot Mr Burns?".
I'm taking this all the way to the Prime Minister!

disparaging the boot is a bootable offence!

I'm actually envious that Cadaver gets to experience The Simpsons for the very first time, especially now that he's presumably old enough to appreciate all the jokes in their entirety. In my view the seasons up to about 10 or so are some of the finest comedy of all time.

^^

Apparently Matt Groening hated that gag.

62P2.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back