Club Legend
Sep 19, 2003
Backstage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
hi guys

was just watching the Simpsons 138th (?) episode spectacular the other day and they have the quiz thing heading into the break with the question along the lines of "Which 2 popular Simpsons characters died during the year?" and its Bleedin Gums Murphy and Dr marvin Monroe

im just wondering, was there an actual episode where the Doc died...or does he just disappear and is written from the show for some reason

i wouldnt be surprised if no-one replies, this is a nothing thread LoL

cheers

Tiger666

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2005
Byron Bay
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
For the lack of anything better to do, I did a Google search on the subject, and there was a link to this...

Q. When did Dr. Marvin Monroe die?
From Nancy Basile,
Your Guide to Animated TV.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!

A.
Dr. Marvin Monroe, a character much-disliked by some of the writers, passed away quietly sometime during the season. His death was marked only by the appearance of the Marvin Monroe Memorial Hospital in "Who Shot Mr. Burns?, Part 1."

so there we are, then!

grayza said:
and its Bleedin Gums Murphy and Dr marvin Monroe
If you said Bleeding Gums Murphy and Dr Marvin Monroe you were wrong, they were never popular :D

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
On the same note there was a rumour about a year ago that one of the characters was going to come out as gay. Whatever happened(if anything) to that?

m.diddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2004
#11 on AC's list.
Raskolnikov said:
On the same note there was a rumour about a year ago that one of the characters was going to come out as gay. Whatever happened(if anything) to that?
There has been a few ads on this over the last week about that episode being soon.
Who do people think it will be?
Obviously Smithers is gay but he has never come out so will they just go with him because that would be the biggest let down ever. My other theory is that it is either lenny or carl.

milnedog44 said:
There has been a few ads on this over the last week about that episode being soon.
Who do people think it will be?
Obviously Smithers is gay but he has never come out so will they just go with him because that would be the biggest let down ever. My other theory is that it is either lenny or carl.
Living with a twin sister all your life must give you some lesbian tendencies....:D

I think its Patty, just a hunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scorpio

Club Legend
May 28, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
In one of the 'new' episodes they brought back Dr Marvin Monroe for a cameo. If I remember right Marge asks him where he has been, and Monroe just replies that he has been "on vacation".

Scorpio said:
In one of the 'new' episodes they brought back Dr Marvin Monroe for a cameo. If I remember right Marge asks him where he has been, and Monroe just replies that he has been "on vacation".

no, he says "I've been very sick". (Ep: Diatribe of a Mad Housewife. Season 15)

dr nick

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2002
Dee Why, NSW
AFL Club
Sydney
Raskolnikov said:
Is that the episode Homer meets his long lost gay twin brother? I dont know if that's 'come out' in Australia yet.

homerbro.jpg

grayza

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2003
Backstage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
wasnt there an episode with a gay parade or something with two gay people hidden in something but it was clearly Smithers and the lesbo sister?

im just remembering, could be completely wrong....

and thanks for all the feedback guys :)

Topher

Debutant
Apr 19, 2005
Other Teams
St Kilda
fearlessone77 said:
The gay character that gets outed is the twin sister that has not been married all the time. Homer marries her off when he becomes a priest or some such thing.

Yeah correct, it is Patty who turns out to be a lesbian. The episode talks about the issue about gay marriages, so i've heard.

I'm in a quandry here folks, I have a couple of spoiler claims against this thread and it is clear that episodes that have yet to be screened here are referred to. However, most of these future events have been revealed as advance promotions for the series on commercial television to my knowledge.

As far as what sort of spoiler information we remove and which are okay, are sitcom plotlines that centre around single episodes the same as revealing plot developments for a show that is based around its mystery and intrigue (eg Lost)?

I mean, I watch Simpsons for the laughs not for character development. I can see myself getting busy deleting a lot of stuff and possibly causing offense if this is the rule of thumb but I am happy to be consistent if you wish.

Thoughts?

grayza

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2003
Backstage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
i watch the Simpsons, and i never knew who the gay character was but i dont care getting told...im like you, watch it for the laughs

would be completely different if it was Lost or something

thats just what i think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back