Official Team Thread The Sin City Swamprats S25 Official Team Thread - I won.

Remove this Banner Ad

We are counting on you this weekend Swampies!!!! Beat dem Bears!!!!
All we need to do is avoid losing by more than 40 points.

We'll be parking the bus across half back this week.

I don't forget.
I wouldn't take to heart Yakker's clearly delusional suggestions.
The Bears are rioting this Sunday. We've put together the perfect plan which will deliver a forty-two point victory.
I even learnt some of your players' names so as to make it appear that I have an incredible qootball mind.
Dees and Rats can squabble over 8th.

I wouldn't take to heart Yakker's clearly delusional suggestions.
The Bears are rioting this Sunday. We've put together the perfect plan which will deliver a forty-two point victory.
I even learnt some of your players' names so as to make it appear that I have an incredible qootball mind.
Dees and Rats can squabble over 8th.

We don’t squabble we quibble

You can quarrel over the terms.
We will be too busy dealing with the quandary of how we celebrate our second premiership

Ok that’s highly unlikely but I wanted to use quandary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tassie has awful 'Jack jumper' ants

ShaunDuggan

1deg @ Beaconsfield this morning...I'm off to Liawenee in Central highlands for the BIG trout event.

Min -1 ... max 8 there today!!! :eek:

SwampStats Round 16

FINALS, BABY!!!

So, we started this game pretty well, only needing to stay within 40 points at the final siren to qualify. And therefore, when we led at halftime, the partying started. Dingster made his traditional halftime trek to the bar, and sent multiple shots wide of the target thereafter, but managed to cling onto a share of the Fred Medal. Richly deserved reward for all he has put into the SFA over such a long time. No-one dominated, but significantly neither Firestarter nor GotTheGoodes gave away a free - discipline will be vital next week :)

upload_2018-5-20_20-58-2.png

So this result, coupled with the Royals' loss, leaves us in 7th. Despite the 7-9 record, this is a significant comeback from when we were 1-7 and had a loss to the Gumbies on the board, until rickety noticed that he had been played in the wrong spot triggering a resim, which we won by 2 ppoints. From there, we've gone 3 wins/1 loss/3 wins/ 1 loss. Repeating that pattern would see us into a Grand Final...
upload_2018-5-20_20-59-51.png

We play the Fighting Furies again, at their homeground again. We won last time. No reason why it won't happen again. We have a terrific rivalry with the Furies throughout our history, playing in a drawn Grand Final in S5.

Let's knock 'em out!!!

SwampStats Round 16

FINALS, BABY!!!

So, we started this game pretty well, only needing to stay within 40 points at the final siren to qualify. And therefore, when we led at halftime, the partying started. Dingster made his traditional halftime trek to the bar, and sent multiple shots wide of the target thereafter, but managed to cling onto a share of the Fred Medal. Richly deserved reward for all he has put into the SFA over such a long time. No-one dominated, but significantly neither Firestarter nor GotTheGoodes gave away a free - discipline will be vital next week :)

View attachment 500162

So this result, coupled with the Royals' loss, leaves us in 7th. Despite the 7-9 record, this is a significant comeback from when we were 1-7 and had a loss to the Gumbies on the board, until rickety noticed that he had been played in the wrong spot triggering a resim, which we won by 2 ppoints. From there, we've gone 3 wins/1 loss/3 wins/ 1 loss. Repeating that pattern would see us into a Grand Final...
View attachment 500164

We play the Fighting Furies again, at their homeground again. We won last time. No reason why it won't happen again. We have a terrific rivalry with the Furies throughout our history, playing in a drawn Grand Final in S5.

Let's knock 'em out!!!
The Furies have been living up to their name all season - they've been fighting amongst themselves. How about we do them a favour, and end the feud :p.

SwampStats Round 16

FINALS, BABY!!!

View attachment 500162

View attachment 500164

Let's knock 'em out!!!
Didn't give away a free but still top two in the whole league for frees against.

Well done Firestarter. We make a good team. Oh & I've still got your branding irons, must've packed them in my bags after the game (with all the excitment of my first finals and all). Sorry mate. Will bring them into the club tomorrow... or the day after. Whenever I wake up next.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back