The "Sir James" Hird personality cult and the role it has played in all this

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Despite the admission of the club that players were given a season long program of banned PED injections, despite the texts between Dank and Hird, despite his statements about how the high performance guys would get them up for the 4 days break between Carlton and Anzac Day last year, despite the injections he was receiving, Essendon fans refuse to believe Hird could do any bad.

My team had to painfully realise no player, no even your greatest, is bigger than the club.

What role has the adulation of Hird ... #standbyhird ... played in all this?

My own view is that is has been a contributing, majorly, factor, in the Bombers believing they could tough it out, rather than coming clean and hoping for a lighter whack.

Yep, they cheated and now it's turning into a soap opera. I would like to see at least one Essendon fan come forward and admit the EFC cheated and deserved to be punished in 2013.

It's the same as those that refused to believe Lance Armstrong was a drug cheat until the Oprah interview, even then some still try and deny it, because they admired the guy so much, he was their role model and someone they idolised and cannot believe that he would let them down in such a massive way. Hird has not only damaged his own reputation, but that of the club and it could be hard for some to come to terms with the fact he is going to bring the Essendon FC to its knees and under immense financial pressure by the end of this saga.

The blame is by proxy... jimmy simply believed his sports scientest which is very tasty for media and as we can see opposition supporters... yes there is fault but there is also complaceny all the way back to the bodies that set the guidelines which i believe is unfair... the case is not water tight for any side of the contest... which is why we have a triangulated problem that circles...

What i look at is was there intent to cheat.. thats cheat people, not sail on the edge which is human nature and especialy in sport to gain a clever advantage... james should be fine... the gravity of "the letter" is what needs to be investigated as that points to fraud somewhere...

LEAVE JAMES ALONE!

mqdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is like Hird is the baby Jesus or the Pope or something.

Like lying to him is some grave offence and that nobody would ever consider such a blasphemy so when the MONSTER DANK did it, how was Jimmy to even know, because such a thing is inconceivable.

We are really into the territory of the bizarre now.

I can't believe this thread. James Hird is the victim in all of this, and you just want to shoot him down. Stop it. All of you!
This is idiotic, naieve and ignorant. Hird is the responsible party in this as he oversees the playing department of the club. If you go look at corporations Law which is a very relevant comparison to the peptides debate specifically under S180 Hird would be liable simply under failing to act sand carry out due diligence much like Adler and co in their HIH debacle. No matter what Hird can claim he had a responsibility to know what the club was involved with and how the program was operating and this meant knowing full well what the risks and implications on the team were both playing wise and legally. A term call acquiescence s relevant here as Hird not fully investigating Dank's actions and plan thoroughly indicates he accepted his plan in full and thus assumed the risk that was associated with it. Hirrd has acted incompetently and am certain he has failed to exhibit the care, diligence and skill required for an coach to hold in this debacle.

You're like a dog with two dicks today for some reason SLF.

Indeed. I for one think the NDIS is an important step to building a better Australia for all.

This is idiotic, naieve and ignorant. Hird is the responsible party in this as he oversees the playing department of the club. If you go look at corporations Law which is a very relevant comparison to the peptides debate specifically under S180 Hird would be liable simply under failing to act sand carry out due diligence much like Adler and co in their HIH debacle. No matter what Hird can claim he had a responsibility to know what the club was involved with and how the program was operating and this meant knowing full well what the risks and implications on the team were both playing wise and legally. A term call acquiescence s relevant here as Hird not fully investigating Dank's actions and plan thoroughly indicates he accepted his plan in full and thus assumed the risk that was associated with it. Hirrd has acted incompetently and am certain he has failed to exhibit the care, diligence and skill required for an coach to hold in this debacle.
all of you!!!

The blame is by proxy... jimmy simply believed his sports scientest which is very tasty for media and as we can see opposition supporters... yes there is fault but there is also complaceny all the way back to the bodies that set the guidelines which i believe is unfair... the case is not water tight for any side of the contest... which is why we have a triangulated problem that circles...

What i look at is was there intent to cheat.. thats cheat people, not sail on the edge which is human nature and especialy in sport to gain a clever advantage... james should be fine... the gravity of "the letter" is what needs to be investigated as that points to fraud somewhere...

Essendon set out to put in place a Performance Enhancing Drug program. That is what these things are drugs, not supplements.

Essendon believed they could game the system, that they had hired a guy who was smarter then the guys who made the rules.

The rules are designed to outlaw Performance Enhancing Drug programs. Essendon cheated and they intended to cheat, no ifs, no maybes, no buts.

If you set out to avoid tax and think your accountant is smart enough to do so without breaking the law. When he fails you go to jail. A criminal regardless your instructions to your accoutant that you did not wish to break the law.

He has become bigger than their club....

I think this is the nub of the whole problem going back to when he orchestrated the knifing of Knights (I can't be fooked going back to playing days and his earliest involvement with Dr Ageless).

Hird believed he could take *Essendon to premiership glory.

He found Dank and they shared a similar philosophy about how to get results fast - a better living through chemistry program.

Imagine a conversation something along these lines.

Dank: "yeah mate, it's all good with WADA, I've got a letter mate and anyway the s**t doesn't show up in testing".

Golden Boy Hird: "Will it make us bigger, stronger, faster?"

D: "Yes, we can rebuild them".

GBH: "And we can't be caught?"

D: "That's right, I can get the good s**t from your old mate Dr Ageless".

GBH: "Let's do it".

Hird has the arrogance to believe he was doing the right thing, he glossed over the ASADA/WADA as fairly trivial and truly believed that in any case they wouldn't be caught. Sir Jimmy isn't looking so golden any more.

Sir Jimmy the Sociopath?

Essendon set out to put in place a Performance Enhancing Drug program. That is what these things are drugs, not supplements.

Essendon believed they could game the system, that they had hired a guy who was smarter then the guys who made the rules.

The rules are designed to outlaw Performance Enhancing Drug programs. Essendon cheated and they intended to cheat, no ifs, no maybes, no buts.

If you set out to avoid tax and think your accountant is smart enough to do so without breaking the law. When he fails you go to jail. A criminal regardless your instructions to your accoutant that you did not wish to break the law.

Sigh... so tell me why the letter has surfaced from Dank... there is no other reason than that they and dank blieved it ok... you may not like that Efc sort a scientific edge with what they thought was within the guidelines but quite frakley no one cares what you think and other clubs will attempt it in other tangents to get a head.. this why its a trinanguated problem... In short its about interpritation of the steps followed and information supplied for decision making... relating it to accounting is simply moronic....

An excellent summary.

But Sir James!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back