The sky is falling: Chinese booster could land on Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
booster fall.jpg

Trajectory of the Tianhe rocket booster. 22 tons of destruction, most of which is expected to burn up on re-entry but it also has a lot of non-combustible bits that will hit the ground.

Melbourne is on a direct firing line, so is my mum's place in NZ. Click image for full size.

Knowing my luck, I'll be valed at 13:43 on Sunday. Nice knowing you.

Looks to me like its a each way bet to take out a polar bear and any surrounding penguins.
Thats about it.
Bear is gunna be upset though.

Looks to me like its a each way bet to take out a polar bear and any surrounding penguins.
Thats about it.
Bear is gunna be upset though.

Polar Bears live in the Arctic, near the North Pole
Penguins live in Antartica, near the South Pole

One big ******* piece of space junk if it takes both out

At seaworld they are side by side. Could happen!

Thanks Syd, I know I can always rely on you to correct me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're looking at the terminator line which shows which part of the globe is in daylight and which is at night.

The yellow and blue lines are the path the rocket is taking in its orbit, neither of which are anywhere near the poles.

It is the yellow line directly over Melbourne that has me checking my hard hat and toilet paper supply.

You're looking at the terminator line which shows which part of the globe is in daylight and which is at night.

The yellow and blue lines are the path the rocket is taking in its orbit, neither of which are anywhere near the poles.

It is the yellow line directly over Melbourne that has me checking my hard hat and toilet paper supply.
Thank you. That makes alot more sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back