Universal Love The Sons of Greatness

What is Your Favourite Father Son Moment?

• Hawkins - After the siren special vs Hawks

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Scarlett - Ablett Toe poke

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussiemac82

All Australian
Nov 10, 2010
Bat Country
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
GWS
I love the father son rule.

So many match winning moments have been ingrained into the memories of GFC supporters at the hands of father son selections.

Tom Hawkins after the siren special to the Scarlett - Ablett toe poke, there is something magical and nostalgic that just brings a smile to your face every time it is thought of.

What is your favourite Father Son moment?

Max Ling announced as 2030 F/S selection - touted as a top ten pick and picked up at massive unders :D

Blake kicking his first goal at Skilled.

The toe poke has to win hands down as it involved the "proceeds" of two father-son selections, and ultimately won us the 2009 GF.

Future potential selections

James Taylor (Harry) 2010

Alfie Wojcinski (David) 2006
Monty Wojcinski 2009
Harry Scarlett (Matthew) 2011
Oliver Scarlett (Matthew) 2011
Archie Johnson (Steve) 2012
Jagger Mooney (Cameron) 2007
Jet Milburn (Darren) 2006
Boh Enright 2012

Max ling 2012
Keep them coming if there is others I have missed

Scarlett kicking a goal off the ground against St Kilda in the biggest game at Kardinia Park of the decade in 2004 and running 150m back to full back to a standing ovation.

Blakey getting that goal made KP come alive. I remember the roar through the screen and seeing the other players get around him was a sight.

He was like a baby giraffe...

nice one:thumbsu:

James Taylor (Harry)
Alfie Wojcinski (David)
Harry Scarlett (Matthew)
Oliver Scarlett (Matthew)
Archie Johnson (Steve)
Jagger Mooney (Cameron)
Jet Milburn (Darren)
Boh Enright

The 2030 backline looks to be set

H Scarlett O Scarlett J Milburn
A Wojcinski J Taylor B Enright

Amazing number of baby boys produced in recent years.

The ongoing F/S legacy at the club seems like it is meant to be.:thumbsu:

James Taylor (Harry)

Alfie Wojcinski (David)
Monty Wojcinski
Harry Scarlett (Matthew)
Oliver Scarlett (Matthew)
Archie Johnson (Steve)
Jagger Mooney (Cameron)
Jet Milburn (Darren)
Boh Enright 2012

Max ling 2012

There is another young Scarlett running around to Jack, Matthews step brother,son of John of cause so father/son.And another Joe's boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi had a kid, i remember reading a story of bookies putting odds on to win Wimbledon.

What odds would you give for any of the above to become premiership players?

Note: Sportsbet are that sure of them being premiership players they wouldn't even take my money :D

I always said after the 07 flag that every player with a medallion must go forth and populate ASAP so at least if we didint get another flag we would have another premiership team full of f/s selections in 20 odd years...... :D

If Jimmy is getting married next year there is a good possibility of procreation as well.

Can you imagine all the partners frustrations with the amount of times yelling " NO balls in the HOUSE!!! "

I'll put a wager says Archie J will be doing two step goalkicks from the sideline in Auskick :p

Scarlett kicking a goal off the ground against St Kilda in the biggest game at Kardinia Park of the decade in 2004 and running 150m back to full back to a standing ovation.

That was a very cool moment.

I liked too during the 2009 Premiership presentations that 4 successive players by guernsey number - Mark Blake, Tom Hawkins, Gary Ablett and Matthew Scarlett - were father/son selections. If you listened hard you could hear the cries from opposition fans.

I have that game on VHS! Was living up in whoop-whoop so there's a massive WIN logo in one corner. I think that was the match where Corey Eright broke his jaw courtesy of friendly fire from Hank Playfair. Xavier Clarke f*cked his knee too. We dominated the first quarter - jumped out to a forty point lead I think. Then they stormed us in the second and we we about even at half time. Goal-for-goal for the second half basically.

Cracker of a game!

If Jimmy is getting married next year there is a good possibility of procreation as well.

Can you imagine all the partners frustrations with the amount of times yelling " NO balls in the HOUSE!!! "

I'll put a wager says Archie J will be doing two step goalkicks from behind the couch in the lounge. :p

E.F.A..

Blake kicking his first goal at Skilled.

The toe poke has to win hands down as it involved the "proceeds" of two father-son selections, and ultimately won us the 2009 GF.
Given that we had 4 FATHER-SON contributors that day, with Hawkins & Blake, the toe poke gets the vote, but from a purely orgasmic footy moment, watching Hawkins pinch the win after the siren against the highly fancied Hawks was more special.

Is 4 Father-Sons in a winning GF a VFL/AFL record?

had to buy a box of Kleenex tissues on the way back home after seeing that goal :thumbsu:

My memories of Blakey's first, and then second goals, v Tigers in 07, are clouded by the fact that he was "rested" the week after. He was not happy, had played a really good game, and it was looking like King would not get back in. By the time he returned, it appeared his confidence and form had dropped. The rest is history.

But that first goal was magnificent, given Blakey only ever handballed as soon as he got it, as if under instruction. His actual kicking was awkward looking, but pretty reasonable.

Back