FTA-TV The Sopranos

mosquito

Rookie
Mar 23, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Oh my baby you just aint seen nothing yet.... Boom Boom...

The way the show is shown on TV here is hard to follow...what series? are they in order? For not too much cash, got the 1st 6 series on dvd. Working through the episodes one by one. Just finished Ser2. It has to be the only way of doing it.

DB10

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts NFL Draft Comp Participant NFL Mock Draft Participant
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens & Chicago Bulls
I do that with Deadwood, end up going through the entire three discs by the end of a week.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I am a bit addicted went and bought the box set

Got the last one on torrent (as I kept missing it,need sleep)
Waiting for the latest to be filmed

benrey_demons

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Demons
am up to episode 12 of season 6...

the next 9 episodes of season 6 are out when???

i love this show, its almost perfect

btw, downloading the wire and oz atm

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
This is easily one of the best series, maybe the best. I have the unfortunate habit of being quite impatient, so i never wait for the DVD's, which can sometimes make for frustrating viewing if the tv station cuts the season without warning. I like the week-to-week viewing though, it gives me some good tv to look forward to, instead of killing it all in a couple of weeks.

Also...

255121.jpg

WHOA MAMA!!

LeonMcS

Senior List
Aug 14, 2005
www.eastsideboxing.com
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Series 7, the final series, screens on HBO April 8 (US date). Expect it to be available April 9 or 10 our time, and also expect HBO to try and throw a few wrenches into the torrent community, a la the junk packets of data they were throwing out a year or so ago.

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
SYD
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lions
Some background on the 7 minute wrap:

http://screens.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/04/03/so-you-think-you-love-the-sopranos/

April 3, 2007, 1:00 pm
So You Think YOU Love ‘The Sopranos’?

This video summary of the first six seasons of “The Sopranos,” by Paul Guylias and Joe Sabia, is an exquisite act of devotion to a television show.
“Sopranos” fans: watch it twice to see if you can find any major plot points that it leaves out.

And it also expresses opinions, makes jokes and is a work of art unto itself!

Mr. Guylias tells me that these seven minutes took 100 hours to make. Note that that time’s in hours. These guys — who are not even 25 yet — had to be reminded to eat.

Matt Weiner, one of the executive producers of “The Sopranos,” says that Mr. Guylias and Mr. Sabia might be the only two viewers to ever really understand the complexities of Billy Leotardo. Not to mention the whole series!

But: What does David Chase, the volatile creator of “The Sopranos,” think of the hacked-up, cut-down version of his masterpiece?

Usually Mr. Chase likes a little more … breathing space … in his television. Will he consider “The Seven-Minute Sopranos” heresy? Stay tuned.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Glad I never watched them when broadcast, I've been ploughing through each series over the past 6 weeks. Into season 6 now.

In all honestly it's the only way to watch, deny yourself until you can watch everything in a short period of time.

Agree but the only downside is - it is so addictive you end up watching five episodes a a row and going to be at 3AM on a week night

Sep 7, 2004
The Arthouse
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The F.Torres Worshippers
so who's seen the latest episode to air in the states last week? Only eight episodes to go now, it's gonna be weird when this show finally wraps... Though you kinda know that the end is nigh when Tony gets thumped by Bobby Bacala... It's the first time he's ever lost a fight...

Apr 14, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Re: The Sopranos **Spoilers**

Had to bump this - watched ep 17 of season 6 tonight and I'm still blown away.

Christopher & AJ - What are you guys doing?

And Tony's outpouring about his genes in Melfi's office - brilliant writing.

And I still think Edie Falco is hot. Meadow is OK too.

Back