To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Re: The Sopranos **Spoilers**

Finale is on next Sunday and is advertised at 61 minutes...which I think is 10 min more than the usual length.

gaso

I cannot watch the last series - I never want it to end. It would be great if Copolla or Marty could include James Gondalfini in a mob film

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast

I can't believe there is only one episode left. What a bummer.

These last 8 episodes have been excellent.

I was a bit disappointed Chrissy went out how he did, if they were going to do it like that, why not last season and have his death hang over Tony for longer? Instead it seems kind of tagged on to the finale which doesn't do the character justice really, he was probably the secondary focus of the show after Tony.

With Bobby dead and Sil all but gone it looks like Tony is next for the chop but I'm expecting something of a twist, whether it be Tony getting Phil or perhaps Tony's men turning on him?

It's funny, I've always kind of wanted Tony to come out on top but after he killed Chris, made Bobby kill his first man over a silly fight and contemplated offing Paulie because he was annoying makes me think it may be time for Tony to meet his match?

I've watched this show since it first aired on channel 9 back what I guess was 1999, a real shame it's finishing up but all good things must come to an end and this one has been on the cards for a few years now.

That said, I can't believe Paulie hasn't managed to be clipped yet! Seriously he's been everyones pick for 'next to go' since season 1! Could he actually make it through alive? ;)

1 thing I have noticed, Floyd's 'Comfortably Numb' has been popping up a few times this season. I can recall Tony singing it when he got up one morning in one episode, then right before the car crash with Chris in another and I think it was playing at the Bing at some point too. Hidden message of some kind or am I just reading into it too much? :D

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones

I can't believe there is only one episode left. What a bummer.

These last 8 episodes have been excellent.

I was a bit disappointed Chrissy went out how he did, if they were going to do it like that, why not last season and have his death hang over Tony for longer? Instead it seems kind of tagged on to the finale which doesn't do the character justice really, he was probably the secondary focus of the show after Tony.

With Bobby dead and Sil all but gone it looks like Tony is next for the chop but I'm expecting something of a twist, whether it be Tony getting Phil or perhaps Tony's men turning on him?

It's funny, I've always kind of wanted Tony to come out on top but after he killed Chris, made Bobby kill his first man over a silly fight and contemplated offing Paulie because he was annoying makes me think it may be time for Tony to meet his match?

I've watched this show since it first aired on channel 9 back what I guess was 1999, a real shame it's finishing up but all good things must come to an end and this one has been on the cards for a few years now.

That said, I can't believe Paulie hasn't managed to be clipped yet! Seriously he's been everyones pick for 'next to go' since season 1! Could he actually make it through alive? ;)

I'm a bit devastated about Sil, he struck me as the most likely survivor in the family. Too much to hope for him to wake up in the finale?

Going to be really interested to see what happens with Paulie and Tony. As long as the big guy gets to use his birthday present on the way out, I'm happy.

svmac

Debutant
Oct 17, 2002
Golden Grove, SA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central District

What a great episode!

Firstly, I reckon Christopher got what he deserved in the end - confessing to Tony that he would fail a drug test after the crash was the last straw and showed how pathetic Christopher had become. He deserved to die in a ditch.

Sil won't come out of the coma, we have seen the last of him, sadly. My favourite character in the whole show. Great to see the life-size cut out of him in the safe house near the end of the latest ep (what that was there for, I have no idea).

Phil's logic is beyond belief - Tony has no honour because they don't prick their fingers in the ceremony for made men? Because he hasn't been in jail? What a goose. And the two ego strokers he takes counsel from are weak as piss and just yes-men. That could be his downfall, but I doubt it. I think Philly will finish on top.

Interesting that Tony was watching the door and not the window of his room, he knows that someone is coming and it is someone who is already there. My tip is that Patsy didn't call for a pizza (pretty obvious I guess, so it may not be true in the end).

I reckon they have been dropping red-herrings about Paulie the whole way and he is 100% loyal to Tony and will go down defending him.

I reckon that Chase will show the bad side of mob life in the final ep, with no happy endings. Carmela will be left with nothing (financially), AJ will be dead somehow and Meadow will flee to my place. I mean flee east and finish her schooling.

Christopher at his peak and Big Pussy at his best would sure be handy right about now...

Public holiday monday, means I don't have to wait for Monday night to watch the finale. Bring it on Phil, you spineless ****.

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones

I reckon they have been dropping red-herrings about Paulie the whole way and he is 100% loyal to Tony and will go down defending him.

Agree. Paulie's dodgy stuff has always been a kind of ADD kid trying to get attention from Tony- He's mental, likes to shoot off his mouth, and tight with the money, but when it counts, he'll be solid.

svmac

Debutant
Oct 17, 2002
Golden Grove, SA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central District

That seems a little "Godfather III" to me, a little cliched.

Carmela perhaps, but I don't reckon Meadow will die.

Sep 7, 2004
The Arthouse
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The F.Torres Worshippers

i don't see any of tony's family being killed. It would make more sense if Tony gets gunned down and the last image is of Carmela left alone with nothing and AJ a gibbering mess.

As others have said, I think Paulie will survive. He's flirted with disaster a few times and always seems to put his foot in it, but in the end he's manages to survive, even if it is by the 'skin of his nuts'.

All mob movies always end with the protagonist getting killed or arrested and it seems that Tony is about to cop a similar fate, but then again David Chase has always done things his own way, so don't be surprised if Tony manages to fight off Philly. I honestly have no idea how this show will end, except that it will be freaking amazing.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

I just hope it doesnt end up being a let down like the last episode of Seinfeld......

I think 'T' will survive. He will take Phil out on the docks with the Statue of Liberty on a darkened night...a final shoot out, last man standing.

But that's too predictable isn't it!?

Something left of centre will happen like AJ doing Tony over to avoid the cats in the cradle syndome that Tony had all his life re:his mother.

I am hoping for something none of us saw coming...that is what has made the show so good for so long!

Gaso

chris86

All Australian
Jan 11, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Kinda hoping Carmella cops it. All she does is bitch bitch bitch about Tony, yet hes the only thing that lets her live such an expensive lifestyle. Nothing without him.

Nov 3, 2005
Shepparton
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond,Vics,WIM

The primary focus of this show has been depression they just happen to be gangsters. I think this last episode has to be about Tony's mental destruction more so then his physical destruction. Taking his own life or totally losing it after he loses a family member would be a better ending than Tony just getting whacked.

The final is going to be great but the whole final shoot out feels a little empty without Christopher. He was like the primary focus of this show behind Tony and him having no involvement in the final shoot out seems kind of sad.

Also I thought Bobby's death was rather sad. tho funny at the same time. That guy seemed like such a nice guy even though he is a member of the mafia. He died in such a violent way which seemed horrible considering his character.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chris86

All Australian
Jan 11, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Agree about Christopher, was really dissapointing to see him go like that. I dont think Tony will lose a family member, as he said last episode "families dont get touched". Wouldn't suprise me if AJ did something stupid, alot seems to be building up around him. Interesting to see how they will wrap this all up in 50 minutes.

Sep 7, 2004
The Arthouse
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The F.Torres Worshippers

Ha, Paulie and Chris lost in the snow. That was a great episode!

gaso

haha, that's probably my favourite single episode of the sopranos. There's so many funny lines in that ep.

Paulie: the russians moved nuclear missiles into cuba and pointed them right at us!!
Chris: I saw that in a move... I thought it was bullsh!t.

---------------------
Paulie: co-cksuckers got the sniffles!! and we're freezing out here!!

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball

This is about the only TV series in existence that is actually as good as everyone says it is.

Have nearly finished watching season one on DVD, quality.:thumbsu:
You're beginning the greatest TV experience in your life. I could watch the whole six series in one sitting . The acting is supreme, it is the cleverest
production I have ever watched in my life. Only Deadwood comes close.
I am terrified of hearing the end of series 6 before it comes back and I'm too stupid to download it so I'm getting off this site NOW.

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS

I am terrified of hearing the end of series 6 before it comes back and I'm too stupid to download it so I'm getting off this site NOW.

The episode airs in the US on Sunday night, so pretty much from Monday lunchtime onwards this thread will become spoilerville.

Mind you, so will the rest of the internet...

Nov 3, 2005
Shepparton
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond,Vics,WIM

The episode airs in the US on Sunday night, so pretty much from Monday lunchtime onwards this thread will become spoilerville.

Mind you, so will the rest of the internet...
**** me im stuck somewhere where you cant download. I have to rely on streaming tvlinks but they havent even put up blue comet yet no way I can wait this is going to be a nightmare

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS

Tony will: live
Carmela will: live
Meadow will: die (killed by New York)
AJ will: die (commits suicide - properly, this time)

Paulie will: live
Uncle Junior will: die
Phil Leotardo will: die (killed by Tony)
Little Carmine will: live (and take over New York under Tony's "supervision").

Dr Melfi will: agree to take Tony back as a patient.

I also predict that FBI Agent Harris will have a role to play in how things pan out...

Nov 3, 2005
Shepparton
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond,Vics,WIM

Tony will: Die take his own life
Carmela will: Live be sad
Meadow will: Die (not sure how she'll get involved but NY will take her out
AJ will: Live

Paulie will: Live by the skin of his nuts
Uncle Junior will: Not be in the final episode his story is finished he will spend the rest of his life in the nursing home
Phil Leotardo will: Die killed by Paulie
Little Carmine will: Die killed by Tony

Dr Melfi will: live but will be involved in the final scene somehow
Janice: will be shot by Bobby's son (hopefully anyway I can't stand her)
I: will crack after trying searching everywhere to download this give up read a spoiler and then spend the rest of the year kicking myself for causing the greatest tv show surprise ever to not be a surprise :mad:

benrey_demons

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Demons

goto torrentspy tomorrow afternoon

there will be a torrent up by death, best source on the net

Nov 3, 2005
Shepparton
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond,Vics,WIM

goto torrentspy tomorrow afternoon

there will be a torrent up by death, best source on the net
Yeh I know but I'm at a uni campus and they ban us from downloading shows. Its impossible to do it here. I have to rely on streaming and I checked and Blue comet's not even up yet. I watched it on youtube thats how pathetic it is. I dont want to go youtube tomorrow because when I type youtube in the first thing i'll see is final scene Tony shot or something

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs

Tony will: Die take his own life
Carmela will: Live be sad
Meadow will: Die (not sure how she'll get involved but NY will take her out
AJ will: Live

Paulie will: Live by the skin of his nuts
Uncle Junior will: Not be in the final episode his story is finished he will spend the rest of his life in the nursing home
Phil Leotardo will: Die killed by Paulie
Little Carmine will: Die killed by Tony

Dr Melfi will: live but will be involved in the final scene somehow
Janice: will be shot by Bobby's son (hopefully anyway I can't stand her)
I: will crack after trying searching everywhere to download this give up read a spoiler and then spend the rest of the year kicking myself for causing the greatest tv show surprise ever to not be a surprise :mad:

Heh heh :D

Overall I expect there will be blood, oh yes there will be blood.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Tony will: Be shot dead by AJ in a mental meltdown.
Carmela will: Watching pleading for AJ to stop.
Meadow will: Get engaged.
AJ will: see above.

Paulie will: Will inherit the remains.
Uncle Junior will: never be seen again
Phil Leotardo will: whacked by Tony in his last deed before AJ see above
Little Carmine will: be seen on Comedy Central...isn' this guy the funniest!

Dr Melfi will: have the guilts that after 7 years of sessions she couldn't end the bloodshed.

Ok, so if its on at 9pm Sunday night in New York it will be 11am here Monday in eastern Aust....so spoilers should start appearing about 1pm...time to avoid the internet & all the pay tv entertainment shows!

Gaso

Back