FTA-TV The Sopranos

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Sopranos **Spoilers**

The point you raise is very valid.

Im not sure about MOG being a Leotardo, but on face value, all signs point to T dying and MOG being the killer. The constant look overs, the bathroom shot with the direct line of sight, the Members Only jacket, the 'everything goes black'. Thats on face value. The only thing on face value saying that T is still alive, is that the scene ends at 'Dont Stop' in the song.

As you said, it could all have been a front to trick people into thinking that way, but i dunno, theres too many coincidences.

Fair point, another thing on face value to say that T is still alive is that we didn't see him die. I honestly think it's an ending left for everyone to draw their own conclusions.

Isn't that usually the way though? When you least expect it? BANG!? Lots of characters in this series have been murdered and they have been none the wiser as to what is going on behind there backs. I agree that on the surface noone has a reason to kill Tony, but I dont think that fact alone is significant enough to suggest he wasn't killed

Also a good point, perhaps there was more than meets the eye to Paulie's resistance or a grander plan for the NY crew.

This is why it was a sweet ending, you can imagine for yourself what happened.

It's just dumb stuff like black car jackers and truckers brothers annoyed me. ;)

just finished watching the last 8 episodes of season 6 and all i can say is WOW :thumbsu:

easily the best series i have ever seen and it's a damn shame that it's all over

I am so glad I downloaded the last episode when it came out. Otherwise I think I would have had the ending spoiled for me about 50 bazillion times since - even the Aussie media has given up putting spoiler warnings on every mention of the show!

I guess they've figure out that it's going to be shafted by C9 and most viewers are going to watch it by other means.

The pieces do seem to fit regarding Tony getting shot at the end. Members Only guy looking over twice, then walking over to the toilet. Its a lot of attention on that guy for him not to play any part in the ending.

Perhaps, or it was thrown in due to the Godfather reference, even perhaps as a parody. I mean I didnt originally notice or think of it, but the oranges in the final episode were obviously a throw to the Godfather.

However, maybe its meant to look that way to decieve the audience.

Probably most of the final scenes were there to throw the audience, or help Chase leave the ending so ambiguous that there would be a million theories thrown out there.

I think if we had have seen Meadow walk in then it went blank then it would definately show that he got killed.

This is what is leaning me away from Tony being killed, or the blackness representing him getting shot. Throughout the show, and in that final scene often the camera was situated from Tony's point of view - when talking to his wife, AJ, scanning the room etc. Same for the other characters.

The final scene prior to the darkness is us looking at Tony from afar, perhaps we were AJ, probably not Meadow as she would have been too far away.

If Chase wanted to show Tony got killed, we would have had the view of Meadow entering the room, one would think.

Also, go back to the end of the 2nd last episode, where Tony falls asleep. In that scene, he is wearing his street clothes, on a mattress with no sheets/blankets anything. Prior to falling asleep, he envisages the scene on the lake.

When he awakes at the start of the final episode, he is suddenly wearing more pyjama type wear (definitely different to what he fell asleep in) and the bed amazingly has sheets and blankets etc.

Was the final epsode a dream? Will a later episode/series/movie begin with Tony waking up from the "blackness" back in the middle of the war with the NY family? Would set the scene for a movie with the "real" ending, perhaps?

Who knows, but this is for sure, Chase has defintely left it open to continue the story in many ways should he decide to.

Also, go back to the end of the 2nd last episode, where Tony falls asleep. In that scene, he is wearing his street clothes, on a mattress with no sheets/blankets anything. Prior to falling asleep, he envisages the scene on the lake.

When he awakes at the start of the final episode, he is suddenly wearing more pyjama type wear (definitely different to what he fell asleep in) and the bed amazingly has sheets and blankets etc.

Was the final epsode a dream? Will a later episode/series/movie begin with Tony waking up from the "blackness" back in the middle of the war with the NY family? Would set the scene for a movie with the "real" ending, perhaps?

Who knows, but this is for sure, Chase has defintely left it open to continue the story in many ways should he decide to.

I took the last episode to be based a few days at least after the previous one. Tony visits Carm and AJ set up in the spec house, already routines like using the back door are established and Carm is whinging about AJ having the chick around too often. Bobby's funeral has also been organised, so perhaps a week or so has passed seen as how there would be a major homicide investigation surrounding his death?

Also, the fact that New York is growing tired of the stand off would suggest that more than 1 day of hiding out has passed.

So I don't reckon he'd pull the dream stuff.

Gaso is right, it's done and dusted and Chase has left it how it wants it to end, keeping us guessing. FOREVER! (the bastard! ;))

This is easily one of the best series, maybe the best. I have the unfortunate habit of being quite impatient, so i never wait for the DVD's, which can sometimes make for frustrating viewing if the tv station cuts the season without warning. I like the week-to-week viewing though, it gives me some good tv to look forward to, instead of killing it all in a couple of weeks.

Also...

255121.jpg

WHOA MAMA!!

Meddow is one hot bird (Better than Jolie)

I took the last episode to be based a few days at least after the previous one. Tony visits Carm and AJ set up in the spec house, already routines like using the back door are established and Carm is whinging about AJ having the chick around too often. Bobby's funeral has also been organised, so perhaps a week or so has passed seen as how there would be a major homicide investigation surrounding his death?

Also, the fact that New York is growing tired of the stand off would suggest that more than 1 day of hiding out has passed.

So I don't reckon he'd pull the dream stuff.

Or it all suggests it was in fact a dream! ;)

I agree, I highly doubt Chase would pull a dream ending, but the show did seem partial to dreams as we all saw.

Regarding this being the end, in an interview I read with Chase he didnt discount some sort of continuation at all - either by movie or whatever. Didnt say yes, but didnt rule out no.

Who owns The Sopranos tho? I mean if Time Warner want a movie, can anyone (Chase included) stop them?

Meddow is one hot bird (Better than Jolie)

I agrea I like Meadow, but geez, is Jolie the most overrated chick of all time?

Unless she is amazingly done up, she is ordinary IMO. Her skinny, druggy-like arms/body with cheap lookin tats make me shudder, in fact.

Not a massive fan at all.

Yeah, it's getting ugly I agree. But It would be a real departure from the considered storylines of David Chase to have a war to finish off the series. Some violence is expected (dare I say, demanded) but a war? A little too cliched for my liking.

Having said all of that, I hope someone puts a bullet in that snivelling, festering **** Phil Leotardo. Yelling from the window - wtf was that about?
I'd shoot Leotardo what a mongrel.

This is floating around...
I think you could be right .Tony is the nucleas of the whole series, damn it I think he's dead .I haven't seen any of the 2nd half of sixth season. I worship this program this show is TV art and acting of the highest quality.
I hope that they do an epilogue movie so we can all have closure ha ha !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The episode airs in the US on Sunday night, so pretty much from Monday lunchtime onwards this thread will become spoilerville.

Mind you, so will the rest of the internet...
Hello Mr Eagle.
Your right no escaping the Sopranos news its just a matter now of watching it and figuring out your own take on it I guess.

The more I have thought about it today the more of a wry grin I have had as to how cleverly it ended.

Yeah, me too. The final episode was shown here last night. Kids off to bed early and phones off their hooks. Any discussion confined purely to when the ads were on.

I figure from reading through this thread - one that I've understandably been avoiding for some weeks now - I'm one of the few who is completely satisfied with the ending. Notwithstanding those awkward couple of seconds of wondering at the very end whether SKY had gone on the blink at the most unopportune moment, I can't see any other way of concluding the show whilst still retaining its edginess and intergrity.

I am completely at peace with that conclusion. I will re-watch the entire six seasons in the future in the knowledge that the Sopranos sustains its quality right to the end.

Which is very much at odds with how I react at the end of each season of Lost which simply irritates me with its blatant grasp for the retention of viewers for the following season.

Se7en Poo will be showing Tony's journey again from the beginning... probably as soon as rating's season begins in February.

In the off chance there is anyone that has not seen it... one of the best TV shows ever made (equal of The Wire and West Wing) and a must see.

Se7en Poo will be showing Tony's journey again from the beginning... probably as soon as rating's season begins in February.

In the off chance there is anyone that has not seen it... one of the best TV shows ever made (equal of The Wire and West Wing) and a must see.
The best show ever made, far superior to anything else

I recently watched The Wire and although very interesting and well written, The Sopranos is in a league of its own. It will be looked back on in 50 years and still be amazing to watch

Yeah, me too. The final episode was shown here last night. Kids off to bed early and phones off their hooks. Any discussion confined purely to when the ads were on.

I figure from reading through this thread - one that I've understandably been avoiding for some weeks now - I'm one of the few who is completely satisfied with the ending. Notwithstanding those awkward couple of seconds of wondering at the very end whether SKY had gone on the blink at the most unopportune moment, I can't see any other way of concluding the show whilst still retaining its edginess and intergrity.

I am completely at peace with that conclusion. I will re-watch the entire six seasons in the future in the knowledge that the Sopranos sustains its quality right to the end.

Which is very much at odds with how I react at the end of each season of Lost which simply irritates me with its blatant grasp for the retention of viewers for the following season.

You were doing OK until you started trashing my second fave tv show of that decade.

A mate recently told me had just bought the box set. I asked him if he thought Tony died in the final scene or not. He said he hasn't started watching it yet. Woops.

IMO the greatest TV show of all time. The acting is just brilliant.

Also try The Wire.... another of HBO's great dramas.

They just showed season 3 on channel nine during the witching hours >,>

but you can download it off the torrents I guess.

All the top 10 lists have The Wire in the top 5. I've watched (endured) the first 3 seasons waiting for the magic. I don't get the hype.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back