Radio The Sounding Board with Craig Hutchison & Damian Barrett (Podcast)

Remove this Banner Ad

Blugazi

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
The role-playing segment 'Spin City' is one of the more bizarre things I've ever laid ears upon. It's strangely endearing.

Uncle_Leo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2002
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Clippers
f01dc1f8a79184dbaf6c94a888332e6c

simba_

ask me how to use this space for advertising
Jun 2, 2009
50XX
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Utah Jazz, mew2king
Put your Hutchy and Damo hate aside, this podcast is fantastic. So many behind the scenes anecdotes from two guys who know the business inside and out.

i think everyone hates them BECAUSE of their behind the scenes anecdotes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Willo_

Trust the Process
Apr 27, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
76ers, Melbourne Roys
I'm not a big podcast listener but since discovering this i have not missed an episode.

Really enjoyable stuff, Hutchy just genuinely doesn't give a sh*t what anyone thinks about him as well.. which I actually like him more for.

The way they discuss how the clubs stage manage events is imo a really good insight

Rod Stroker

Hall of Famer
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Gave it a go, pleasantly surprised. I do prefer them in this casual podcast format compared to their usual commercial facade.

I liked the latest ep where they were role playing as Prestia's agent and the Suns CEO. Hutchy was good in that. Like him or hate him (and I'm not really a fan), he knows how football works.

hottieburger

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Today's podcast should be very interesting given some of the stories this week in the media. Brad Scott and North PR disaster, Ed & the MMM boys vs Caro and Hutchy vs Roo. Really like this podcast, make of Hutchy and Damo as you will, but there insights, stories and perspective on this podcast are great.

Willo_

Trust the Process
Apr 27, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
76ers, Melbourne Roys
Today's podcast should be very interesting given some of the stories this week in the media. Brad Scott and North PR disaster, Ed & the MMM boys vs Caro and Hutchy vs Roo. Really like this podcast, make of Hutchy and Damo as you will, but there insights, stories and perspective on this podcast are great.
Don't forget Damo's cooking tips! :D

ize_

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree. They're both complete flogs but it's really interesting stuff.

Devoid

Team Captain
Jul 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Housekeeping walking in on Hutchy to ask about the minibar during the latest episode goes down as one of my favourite moments in any form of radio/audio shows.

The_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2005
North Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
australia
Rate this show, good chemistry, good #banter
Even like the memes like Damo's culinary journey and Hutchi's mini bar escapades

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Reckon this has gone from A+ to B-grade in the past few weeks.

They seem to have morphed into talking more about themselves and stuff outside of footy media than their brilliant insightful topics in most of the earlier episodes.

Pedantic

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Reckon this has gone from A+ to B-grade in the past few weeks.

They seem to have morphed into talking more about themselves and stuff outside of footy media than their brilliant insightful topics in most of the earlier episodes.
Agreed. If they have less footy material to talk about some weeks they should just trim the show rather than pad it with big chunks of them pontificating on unrelated topics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad