Preview The South Australian Arm Of The Chinese Ministry Of Security, oops I Mean Huawai. :) V St KFC The Patron Saint of Giving Easy Wins

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2009
Dubai
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Portland Timbers
Possibly unpopular opinion, but we shouldn't be wearing the indigenous Guernsey this week. Looks out of place in that photo above, and if there are internationals watching the game they'll think we look ridiculous without context.

I tend to agree. If we’re trying to build our brand there we should be sticking to our normal jumpers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kingfish73

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I hope all the rhetoric coming from the club how this China focus is a solid long-term revenue driver - as it really is nothing more. I have bugger all interest in the game and expect a turn over slog fest with the saints playing a tight defensive game style. Perhaps we will squeeze out a couple goal win...but would not surprised if we capitulate and kick 7.16 to the saints 12 goals plus...

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
St Kilda vs Port Adelaide (Jiangwan Stadium) Fox 2:40pm

Since the AFL started playing in China, basketball has exploded in popularity in the country.

You know the AFL is serious about winning over a country when they send St Kilda in. Just look at the wonderful job they did converting New Zealand to our great game.

The AFL opened an office in China recently in a sign their interest in the country shows no signs of slowing down.

Why are the AFL so interested in the Middle Kingdom? It’s not hard to figure out why. It’s not the billion people there; it’s the political system.

A one party, authoritarian state where any opposition or criticism is brutally squashed. This is the system the AFL has been trying to build for decades.

Port’s season continues to be about consistent as these columns. At least they know how to manage the China trip and should have the edge over the Saints.

St Kilda needs a win, and fast, they’ve been linked to Brad Scott, which is a worrying sign. Things are bad at Moorabbin, but surely they’re not that bad?

I’m tipping the Power.

https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/a-highly-unhelpful-guide-to-round-eleven

elee

All Australian
Jun 10, 2017
Darling Point, Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leicester City FC
>>>A one party, authoritarian state where any opposition or criticism is brutally squashed. This is the system the AFL has been trying to build for decades.

bit like USA eh? hunting down reporters like Assange till the end of the world.

Yeah it's like the chinese will choose to watch Port v Saints ..or do you think they prefer to watch Raptors v Warriors?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MrChow

Club Legend
Jun 24, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Curious - am I missing something - shouldn’t Jonas be holding the cup?

On AFL website

Attachments

• 9812F7F8-5002-43B4-BDCE-BABAB8B44A04.jpeg
    9812F7F8-5002-43B4-BDCE-BABAB8B44A04.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 95
May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
>>>A one party, authoritarian state where any opposition or criticism is brutally squashed. This is the system the AFL has been trying to build for decades.

Yeah it's like the chinese will choose to watch Port v Saints ..or do you think they prefer to watch Raptors v Warriors?
You are absolutely wrong, mate!

In the US, there is a TWO-party system...

I reckon at this point I would choose to watch Raptors v Warriors. Luckily they're not on at the same time so it's a moot point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back