The Spangher Factor

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
A journeyman spud of the highest order, but Spangher seems to bring clubs luck (as long as he isn't playing).

Four leaf clover to keep on the list?

2006-10 = West Coast win flag in 2006
2011-12 = Sydney win flag in 2012
2013 - = Hawthorn win flag in 2013?

I am sure there are other players to be part of 3 different clubs premiership winning lists. But cant think of any at the moment. And can Spangher finally notch a premiership (highly unlikely)?

A journeyman spud of the highest order, but Spangher seems to bring clubs luck (as long as he isn't playing).

I am sure there are other players to be part of 3 different clubs premiership winning lists. But cant think of any at the moment. And can Spangher finally notch a premiership (highly unlikely)?
I thought he played pretty well against the Swans the other night. Much taller than I remembered when he was at the Eagles. Definite chance if Bailey or Hale get injured.

images

Stop. Spangher time!

where's Simpkin at?

Remember Hawthorn fans saying he'll be best 22 and all and why he was let go is beyond belief etc....guess he could still get picked against Sydney

Not a current but recent journeyman. At the top of my head can think of Martin Pike.

Recruited from Fitzroy to North Melbourne at the end of 1996.
Played in 1998 Grand Final
Part of 1999 premiership side
Traded to Brisbane:
Part of the 2001, 2002, 2003 premiership side
Played in 2004 Grand Final

Retired in 2005. Pretty lucky career if you ask me.

where's Simpkin at?

Remember Hawthorn fans saying he'll be best 22 and all and why he was let go is beyond belief etc....guess he could still get picked against Sydney

Tbh, I don't think he was ever a certain selection he just got picked because we had a few injuries in the mid-season.

He would be player 22-25 and has been extremely good this year, in terms of expectation. When he comes on, most the time as sub, he makes an instant impact with kicking goals, laying tackles and getting a few possies. The only thing that lets him down is his disposal a bit.

But I'm very impressed with Simpkin he has been very, very handy.

Has all the attributes...except being a good player.

However, I thought he was good on the weekend.

Spangher was terrible for the first 3 quarters, but had a great last quarter. It probably didn't help that they put him in the ruck for a bit.

He's useful just because he's a maniac. He throws his body around with no regard for his own safety and that can be so helpful in the forward line. Chases, tackles and hits hard. Not going to be in the top 50 for the Coleman if he played a full year but he's more than useful.

Plus dat strut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a current but recent journeyman. At the top of my head can think of Martin Pike.

Traded to Brisbane:

I am not sure the title journeyman applied too Pike. Was a real tough nut with great footskills!!!A fair bit better than a journeyman.

. Much taller than I remembered when he was at the Eagles.

Might have something to do with the fact he hasn't cut his hair in eons, worth half a foot. . When the hawks fans said they picked him up cheap they weren't kidding. I'm sure I've seen someone looking just like him begging at Flinders Street station.

Hawks and Swans fans chuck your loose change on the ground at the end of the match give the man a feed.

Traded to Brisbane:

Pike was far from a journeyman.

It isn't 3 yet, just 2. Plenty have enjoyed premiership success at 2 clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back