Analysis The spine is tingling (A look at our developing Key Po stock)

LovevShaqBB13

Senior List
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The year is 2021 Tim English is the leagues #1 Ruck/Forward hybrid to ever grace the game with his elite ball skills at 205cm is able to impact in the air and on the ground causing havoc as a 4th inside midfielder. All while giving our mids clean and easy first use of the football.

In defence Aaron Naughton is taking intercept marks when he feels like it and destroys key forwards around the league with his one on one ability. His counterpart Marcus Adams is much the same taking on a second monster tall or getting a mis-match on opposition hybrid forwards with his size and speed. If need be lewis young also provides a mobile tall defensive option with his strong marking and intercept ability these 3 are hard to score against and allow our running half backs to transition lethally to offence.

The forward line has a stronger bodied and still mobile Josh Schache who is crashing packs and taking marks while having an extremely accurate set shot which causes defences to pay when he gets his opportunity. While having the aerobic capacity to push up the ground and spread opposition defences with his running ability.

His partner in crime Tom Boyd is at FF providing a huge presence with his confidence fully up and firing Boyd is simply large and in Charge causing defences to double team or risk letting him mark with ease. This allows the small/mid forwards to easily crumb at his feet and kick easy goals. Boyd also gives a chop out in the ruck for the resting English for 15-20% of the game allowing him to mostly impact as a forward and be valuable in his midfield minutes by not being overly tired.

To some this is simply a fantasy and relies too heavily on potential. However the opposite side of the spectrum sees us with a seriously scary Key Position list in our lineup. Providing all goes well I believe the guys will be a huge reason for our success in the future if we are to have any. We must remember during this early stage how long it takes for guys like these to mould into fully fledged afl players who can compete with the big mens bodies not only in size but in strength. No matter how trampoliney Boyds hands seem at times or how easily English gets outmuscled now... we must wait as in time these things will come together and we should see the fruits of our patience with these big boys.

Im interested to hear some points of view because if this tall strategy fails we may have screwed this rebuild.

#loveShaq

Potential, Potential, Potential, Potential, Potential, Potential.
Potential, Potential, Potential, Potential, Potential.
Potential, Potential, Potential, Potential.
Potential, Potential, Potential.
Potential, Potential.
Potential.

A little poem I wrote this morning, it's called Potential.
That's good Yojimbo. You really show some po- ... oh, never mind.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
All of those guys have a lot of potential (all are first round picks except Adams). The issue is how much they can deliver on it.

Naughton I’m very confident on. Adams has trouble getting on the park but is otherwise quite consistent. The best Boyd and Schache can deliver is very, very good but neither has done it consistently.

It’s a spine with massive potential and even if they don’t all reach their potential it’s likely to be vary capable nonetheless.

If Boyd stays in a good place mentally and can settle more forward than ruck, as he did in 2016, I’m confident he can deliver. I was a little worried by the last para of this article: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...om-liberatore-to-sign-on-20180830-p500up.html

Why “hopefully”?

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Potential, Potential, Potential, Potential, Potential, Potential.
Potential, Potential, Potential, Potential, Potential.
Potential, Potential, Potential, Potential.
Potential, Potential, Potential.
Potential, Potential.
Potential.

A little poem I wrote this morning, it's called Potential.

What’s it about ?

LovevShaqBB13

Senior List
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
All of those guys have a lot of potential (all are first round picks except Adams). The issue is how much they can deliver on it.

Naughton I’m very confident on. Adams has trouble getting on the park but is otherwise quite consistent. The best Boyd and Schache can deliver is very, very good but neither has done it consistently.

It’s a spine with massive potential and even if they don’t all reach their potential it’s likely to be vary capable nonetheless.

If Boyd stays in a good place mentally and can settle more forward than ruck, as he did in 2016, I’m confident he can deliver. I was a little worried by the last para of this article: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...om-liberatore-to-sign-on-20180830-p500up.html

Why “hopefully”?

He had a spinal disc problem? Piss off with this hopefully BS

Back