Food & Drink The Spirits & Vino thread

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Running some whisky dinners down the coast this week. Last night in Grafton we ran with:

Canadian Club 20yo
Makers 46
Basil Hayden’s
Auchentoshan American Oak
Connemara (Peated Single Malt Irish)
Bowmore 15yo
Laphroaig Select Cask

The previous night closer to Byron we also ran:
The Ardmore (awesome entry level peated)
Knob Creek Small Batch
Auchentoshan 12yo
Laphroaig Lore

Just thought I’d make a few jealous :p

(I love the Auchentoshan Three Wood)

Running some whisky dinners down the coast this week. Last night in Grafton we ran with:

Canadian Club 20yo
Makers 46
Basil Hayden’s
Auchentoshan American Oak
Connemara (Peated Single Malt Irish)
Bowmore 15yo
Laphroaig Select Cask

The previous night closer to Byron we also ran:
The Ardmore (awesome entry level peated)
Knob Creek Small Batch
Auchentoshan 12yo
Laphroaig Lore

Just thought I’d make a few jealous :p

(I love the Auchentoshan Three Wood)

Great selection.

If you have the chance have a crack at the Widow Jane Bourbons. They are a smallish Brooklyn based crew.

Great selection.

If you have the chance have a crack at the Widow Jane Bourbons. They are a smallish Brooklyn based crew.

Aye, it is a cracker name but an even better drop.

Aye. Gave away half a small room of reds to a happy ex Ms B52, inc a few dozen Lakes Folly.
I feel your pain... ex Ms. GTG managed to end up with a fair few faiiiirly good cases of vino that she never paid for nor ever cared for (until she was taking stuff of course)... C'est La Vie.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
They make an excellent gin too.
I've decided for home consumption to only buy Aust made gins - there's more than enough variety & quality to keep me busy.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
They make an excellent gin too.
I've decided for home consumption to only buy Aust made gins - there's more than enough variety & quality to keep me busy.
I'll check it out. And yeah, there's so many great Aussie distilleries now that most of my purchases are home grown when it comes to spirits.

I recently developed a love for Negroni's so I'm just branching out into the world of Gin, but these guys from Hepburn do some good ones...

I have recently discovered this:

I am not a fan of the brown liqours, but this hits the spot in a way that I can't even describe.

I drank the entire bottle I think in a couple of months. and I hate brandy.

Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
I may like a whisky or two... And tea

View attachment 1768838
Bowmore 15 one of my go to drams. I was skeptical of a gimmick at first, but how good is the Lagavulin Offerman edition...

For those not in the know, Nick Offerman plays Ron Swanson in Parks & Rec. And SwansOn is what we'll all be saying this Saturday (ok, I'm really stretching it now).

Apr 30, 2023
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Bowmore 15 one of my go to drams. I was skeptical of a gimmick at first, but how good is the Lagavulin Offerman edition...

For those not in the know, Nick Offerman plays Ron Swanson in Parks & Rec. And SwansOn is what we'll all be saying this Saturday (ok, I'm really stretching it now).
I agree, much nicer than I expected. Nice and peaty. Though not as much as the Octomore 11.1

ShireSwan

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
I may like a whisky or two... And tea

View attachment 1768838
To not have either of these in the cupboard is a major oversight that Santa should be advised of immediately.
Given Sana wears the red & white we remain on topic.
1691630488143.png
1691630624287.png

Back