Food & Drink The Spirits & Vino thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He was just trying to dazzle us with his fancy words!

tumblr_n7thibN1ui1qf9xz0o2_500.gif

Topic for the day: When is wine not wine? Apparently when it's the 'wrong' colour ie: blue.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-beverage-possibly-colour-red-white-rose.html
A little torn on that debate Ticky009

I think I like the red, white, blush, rose, straw etc descriptors of traditional wine.

That said, if my gin was the same colour as the Bombay Sapphire bottle I pour it from I reckon that would be pretty special. If they did it as a limited edition or something like that I'd jump right on board

Meh. I care about what it tastes like. If it tastes good & has good character then I couldn't care less what colour it is.

But I do think the blue colour would be offputting. It'd put pre-conceived ideas about what it's going to (or "should") taste like.
I like the fact it plays on those preconceived ideas.
I'm curious if these same people have banned vegetables & fruit where new varieties in colour have been introduced.

Thought I'd provide some feedback on the ciders I picked up before Xmas. In no particular order.

1: Pink Lady apple cider: Sweet, crisp and tart. 5%. I've gone off the overly sweet ciders floating round and this fits the bill perfectly. And that tartness on the first sip. Perfect. Apples: Pink Lady
2: Napoleone ciders: Picked up a mixed case of apple. pear and apple/pear. For the first time ever Apple/Pear cider was first choice. 4%. Pink lady, Fuji, Granny Smith & Beurre Bosc Pears. Great mix.
3: Willie Smith & Son Organic Apple cider. Traditionally brewed. 5.4% No concentrates. A little beauty of a cloudy cider and the oak barrels used just add that something extra. Royal Gala, Fuji, Pink Lady apples

I had to look up volumetric:oops:
And thanks so much!

Did you end up doing it?

I ended up paying ~250USD for shipping, because the box was absolutely giant, but you do what you gotta do..

Did you end up doing it?

I ended up paying ~250USD for shipping, because the box was absolutely giant, but you do what you gotta do..
You should of known about the shipping already mate... Those life sized dolls come in huge boxes..... I'm told. I believe. I've seen on tellie... *clears throat*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that to scale? Might be worth it if its that big:p
Sadly youre the only young lady to say that to me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back