Roast THE SQUARE TABLE

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
After a brief glimpse through here, I must say, this thread does provide some light, ironic entertainment during the off season, although probably not for the reasons intended.

To see a group whose collective IQ wouldn't evoke a glow from a fridge globe try and engage in a battle of wits is not unlike watching a pack of seals attempt a performance of Swan Lake. The irony that those attempting to demonstrate their rapier wits are so lacking in intellectual muscle that they have forgone the use language entirely in favour of the use of pictures and drawings, is truly breathtaking.

It is on par with those attempting to espouse their manliness by admitting that their testosterone levels are so low that they require the assistance of steroids in order to be able to lift anything heavier than their now withered and ineffective genitals.

Have at it ladies and gentlemen, please continue the mildly amusing, so-called "battle of wits", although it appears to be unarmed combat.......

Please explain how you would make a fridge globe glow using your IQ. :/

Come on, admit it, it was a pretty low IQ thing to say.

True Believer

All Australian
Jul 6, 2005
My own little world
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Saints
Please explain how you would make a fridge globe glow using your IQ. :/

Come on, admit it, it was a pretty low IQ thing to say.

Do I actually have to explain it?

It plays on the traditional imagery of a light bulb coming on over someones head as an indicator of a thought! Reference the phrase "the lights are on, but nobody's home" or" a real light bulb moment". There are numerous jokes that juxta-postion thought power with actual power sources such as electricity...

Surely you must have heard some of the jokes or expressions - even down there in mums basement?

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
Climbing out your mum's window
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Manchester UTD

It plays on the traditional imagery of a light bulb coming on over someones head as an indicator of a thought! Reference the phrase "the lights are on, but nobody's home" or" a real light bulb moment". There are numerous jokes that juxta-postion thought power with actual power sources such as electricity...

Surely you must have heard some of the jokes or expressions - even down there in mums basement?
Who carries a fridge over their head?

No that's wrong, its an indicator of an idea not a thought.
High IQ people have good ideas.
Low IQ people have dumb ideas.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Great thread CursingFijian, g'day all you witty Saints supporters and George as well.
D110DF59-041D-4AC1-BC05-3EF1624699E0.gif

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
That's still my job mate.
I thought people were being metaphorical when they were calling you a sh*t shoveller.

Back