Certified Legendary Thread The Squiggle is back in 2023 (and other analytics)

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Essendon (2-7), GWS (2-7) and Adelaide (3-6) all have a 1% chance of winning the spoon. That underlines just how hopeless North (1-8) and West Coast (1-8) are considered to be. Meanwhile 0-5 Port are already nudging a 110% percentage and haven't been ruled out for the minor premiership yet (0.1%).

There goes not only Melbourne’s position on top spot of the ladder, but also their handle on the squiggle flagpole
Still the tip for the flag though, with Geelong as usual bombing out in a Prelim.

1655120315867.png

Danw0w

Cancelled
Footy Club Survivor 1: Adelaide Voter
Feb 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
How are the dogs rated as a better offensive team than the tigers despite having less goals from one more inside 50 per match? Serious question.

How are the dogs rated as a better offensive team than the tigers despite having less goals from one more inside 50 per match? Serious question.
Behinds are also a factor.

Danw0w

Cancelled
Feb 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
What about shots on goal?
0.49 shots per inside 50 with the dogs averaging one more inside 50 per game. I feel like the difference in goals should be the more important stat.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
0.49 shots per inside 50 with the dogs averaging one more inside 50 per game. I feel like the difference in goals should be the more important stat.

Not per i50. Just look at raw numbers, more shots on goal per game is better.

Richmond unlikely to kick as straight as they did on the weekend and let an awful team nearly crack 100 points. Against a decent team it would have been much closer

Danw0w

Cancelled
Feb 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Not per i50. Just look at raw numbers, more shots on goal per game is better.

Richmond unlikely to kick as straight as they did on the weekend and let an awful team nearly crack 100 points. Against a decent team it would have been much closer
It’s 28 shots per game for each team. Also I never mentioned anything about our defence. Our defence has been atrocious this year.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s 28 shots per game for each team. Also I never mentioned anything about our defence. Our defence has been atrocious this year.

Sorry for bringing defence into it.

Also considers who you play and over more than just this season because it would be manic for the first half of the year of so.

So same shots this year, but I imagine the Dogs would have been far better last given they made the GF. It might be turning in Tigers favour now but though but can see why there might be a gap.

FootyNoobie

Debutant
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Why is Collingwood rated so low (9th) in the power rankings? Would've thought they'd be much higher than that given their victory over Melbourne.

SuperVolley11

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Why is Collingwood rated so low (9th) in the power rankings? Would've thought they'd be much higher than that given their victory over Melbourne.
Because it’s not reactive to one game like people are. It’s goes on the whole profile of a team over a longer period. Really close wins against the bottom of the ladder would of hurt the pies.

Back