Mega Thread The SRP Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, Adele actually has some talent.
I meant the " only singing about 1 thing " bit

Namely, EX ******* BOYFRIENDS :rolleyes:
Who's the common denominator, tay tay ???....

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
So basically she's a plumper Taylor Swift ?.....
Nah, Adele actually has some talent.

Although way off topic here - Ms Swift has 'no talent', really..?
While I'm not a fan of hers or her genre, she's been writing hit songs since she was in high school and performing these to sold-out concerts for many years thereafter. Moreover, she has won over 400 related industry awards - Gee that's incredible luck for someone with no talent...

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
While I'm not a fan of hers or her genre, she's been writing hit songs since she was in high school and performing these to sold-out concerts for many years thereafter. Moreover, she has won over 400 related industry awards - Gee that's incredible luck for someone with no talent...

And in 20 years we'll forget everything she ever wrote.

No talent hack but has a world class PR machine behind her and millions of simpletons with the attention spans of goldfish following behind.

Yes, I am a cantankerous old bastard. The older we get, the better we were. ;)

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Writes her own material and can play an instrument (maybe more). Infinitely more talented than Gladys and gets nowhere near the credit she deserves on the front cover of the AFR.

She does write and sing about ex-boyfriends a bit too much - but hey - if you offered me a few million for every time I wrote a song about some random ex I'm all in

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Writes her own material and can play an instrument (maybe more). Infinitely more talented than Gladys and gets nowhere near the credit she deserves on the front cover of the AFR.

She does write and sing about ex-boyfriends a bit too much - but hey - if you offered me a few million for everything time I wrote a song about some random ex I'm all in

I wish I had enough random exes to write songs about.

I meant the " only singing about 1 thing " bit

Namely, EX ******* BOYFRIENDS :rolleyes:
Who's the common denominator, tay tay ???....

Gladys' songs about her ex-boyfriends would be something like this.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Taylor Swift is great. And I say that as someone who listens to some of the most far-out s**t on the planet.

Don't forget she is a multi-instrumentalist and producer as well. Writes (or co-writes) all her own material.

200 million+ sales.

Plus she has released 9 studio albums in 14 years, taking me back to the good old days of the 70s when you could regularly expect a new studio album from your favourite solo artist or band.

It's just dumb to suggest she lacks talent.

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Don't forget she is a multi-instrumentalist and producer as well. Writes (or co-writes) all her own material.

200 million+ sales.

Plus she has released 9 studio albums in 14 years, taking me back to the good old days of the 70s when you could regularly expect a new studio album from your favourite solo artist or band.

Never pictured you as a Tay Tay fan, Sherbo.:)

200 million+ sales.

Could be worse...
Could get up on stage when she wins a Grammy and say someone else should have won... like Kanye West when she won her 1st Grammy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

200 million+ sales.

She makes s**t music. Popular <> Good

She makes sh*t music. Popular <> Good
It was a discussion about talent or, more specifically, lack thereof.

Just because you don't like the music doesn't mean the artist in question isn't talented.

It simply means you don't like the music.

If you had read my post and the one I initially replied to, I was assessing her as being talented on a number of factors, not just "popularity".

It’s generally, objectively, sh*t music.
Your opinion of someone's music doesn't make said opinion objective.

I'm not a fan of her music either, but I've been able to form a far more objective opinion based on a number of factors, which I've outlined.

Your opinion of someone's music doesn't make said opinion objective.

I'm not a fan of her music either, but I've been able to form a far more objective opinion based on a number of factors, which I've outlined.
She's no Ian Anderson that's for sure.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
It’s generally, objectively, sh*t music.

I could probably name 5 or 6 current so-called current pop divas that have never written a rhyming paragraph in their life, most of these artists have very little 'talent!' Also note, the mega star that was/is Cher, with a career spanning five decades, never wrote a hit song or could play an instrument...

Conversely, Ms Swift writes and produces this s**t:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back