Mega Thread The SRP Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I could probably name 5 or 6 current so-called current pop divas that have never written a rhyming paragraph in their life, most of these artists have very little talent! Also note, the mega star that was/is Cher, with a career spanning five decades, never wrote a hit song or could play an instrument...

Conversely, Ms Swift writes and produces this s**t:

Don’t get me started on rhymes. Chris Martin can get ****ed.

Has anyone asked Gladys opinion?

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off (Whoo-hoo-hoo)

in all seriousness don’t slander Tay Tay.

Lyrical genius that. FMD.🙄

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
chris-crocker-britney.gif

LEAVE TAYLOR ALOOOOONNNE!!!!

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
SRP thread turning into a discussion about Taylor Swift, I've seen it all now.

Also...

Honestly hard to understand how anyone can hate on Taylor. She actually has musical and singing talent, while writing the vast majority of her songs. Now it might not be your taste of music, that's ok, but why would you hate? Save that for the next auto tuned barbie that some record company pumps out.

Honestly hard to understand how anyone can hate on Taylor. She actually has musical and singing talent, while writing the vast majority of her songs. Now it might not be your taste of music, that's ok, but why would you hate? Save that for the next auto tuned barbie that some record company pumps out.

Not just the vast majority - she has written every single one of her songs. You don't win three albums of the year by being s**t.

Meanwhile, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Elvis, Elton John etc don't write any of their songs (or at least their hits) and no one slams them for it. Adele has written entire albums about breakups but the meme is attached to Taylor Swift instead.

Anyway, back to Gladys and I am enjoying monitoring her downfall - is this schadenfreude for a woman that the AFR said had saved Australia?

Not just the vast majority - she has written every single one of her songs. You don't win three albums of the year by being sh*t.

Meanwhile, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Elvis, Elton John etc don't write any of their songs (or at least their hits) and no one slams them for it. Adele has written entire albums about breakups but the meme is attached to Taylor Swift instead.

Anyway, back to Gladys and I am enjoying monitoring her downfall - is this schadenfreude for a woman that the AFR said had saved Australia?
Huh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, just no.

Will admit I don't know what he's up to these days, but insofar as his classic hits, in almost all cases Elton wrote the music and Taupin wrote the lyrics.

That's what I meant - Taupin did the lyrics, and Elton did the singing and music.

Elvis also wrote almost none of the lyrics but we don't denigrate him for that. It's not easy it turns out to write your own songs.

Bernie Taupin writes most of Elton John's songs, including all his big hits.
You're not showing much musical prowess here FP.

Reg - music
Bernie - lyrics

That's how it's been, like, forever.

Apologies for the clumsy expression then but Taupin is the lyricist, yes?
Yep, Bernie writes the lyrics and Elton writes the music. Been like that from the outset.

Although I'm not sure who writes what first.........

And they have taken breaks from working with each other as well.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
And since we're apparently having a separate thread in SRP now, which of the following is a better political song?

- Born in the USA (Bruce Springsteen)
- Pride (In the Name of Love) (U2)
They’re both “nice” songs.
I think given the current events in the US, Killing in the Name by Rage against the Machine is much stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back