Rumour The St Kilda debt situation - no more tick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So short term it's expensive but there are some long term benefits.

Most saints fans want to have AFL games there.

Had the 30 million been used to turn Moorabbin into a 25-30,000 seat stadium for AFL games, most saints will like it to have a fair rental deal just like geelong has with kardinia park.

I assume you can settle with pre season games and AFLW games and ressies then
its never going to be able to support an in season AFL game ... its perfect for AFLW and VFL games and of course the pre-season .. but the facility is more than just a footy oval with comercial prospects for professions like doctors physio and the like to be in the facility for the general public plus the newly announced Danny Frawley well being centre to focus on mental health ..

realistically we will still need to play at Marvel (thankfully the AFL owning it means we have a better deal) but form an out of season prospect the Moorabbin development will bring in cashflow through the club all year roundand in a way to better the community (ie not through pokies)

*crickets chirp*
2018..... you mean before stage 2 and stage 3 of the Moorabbin Development ... so as stage one the assets were already more then that of North...

i suggest North supporters quit while they are well behind in this argument the OP is obviously a tool

2018..... you mean before stage 2 and stage 3 of the Moorabbin Development ... so as stage one the assets were already more then that of North...

i suggest North supporters quit while they are well behind in this argument the OP is obviously a tool

Translation: "P-please stop saying that :( "
No. If you feel uncomfortable discussing St Kilda's financial position, I suggest you leave the thread. If you'd like to instead cry your little eyes out over North Melbourne, you can take it to the dozens and dozens of threads already doing that.

Really unsure why so many people have an issue with this. Can't believe I'm quoting Caro but here we are:

This isn't a two-year thing, this is a 20-year plan. Some clubs got a little paranoid because although he didn't say this, clearly 18 teams is something that there is support for a review of.

"There are clubs that believe that 18 teams is too many in the current financial circumstances."

What I've heard is that St Kilda's debt is what is the major issue for big interstate clubs.

St Kilda get the biggest AFL disequal distribution (by some distance) of any Melbourne club.

St Kilda have the largest debt of any Melbourne club.

The likes of West Coast are asking ... with good reason ... why in a year when they've had to wear massive revenue cuts, they are effectively underwriting St Kilda's increasing debt.

If this rumour is correct one would expect the directors of the Saints immediately to resign en masse - as the directors become personally liable for debts incurred by a corporation trading while insolvent.

Not at the moment, I recall The Frydenberg rushed something through to protect directors during COVID.

Oh mate, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

Enjoy irrelevance for another decade :smile:

Must say as a Victorian taxpayer I do get value out of your annual finals humiliations.

Shaun Higgins won't be enough to get you over the line.

Goldy would though.

No wonder you're so desperate for our players every trade period.

But this thread is about St Kilda, if you don't have anything to contribute on them, lease don't post any further.

perfect for when you are in tassie

It is this kind of attitude that means you're in the craphole you are.

$12m+ debt and counting. Biggest AFL distribution by far.

West Coast and Freo board members read spreadsheets not BigFooty posts.

Yours is not pretty.

A tool who has done something no St Kilda supporter in the history of that club has ever done.

Reading Saints and Roos fans debate which club is more insolvent is really BigFootys version of poverty pr0n

If you don't have anything to add, go back to your draft thread and debate which bloke who will be leaving the Crows in three years you're picking next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this rumour is correct one would expect the directors of the Saints immediately to resign en masse - as the directors become personally liable for debts incurred by a corporation trading while insolvent.

A quick look at the directors and I dont think $12mil would hurt too much.

Don't worry about Saints- plenty of serious $$$ behind the scenes- unlike North or Dogs

Translation: "P-please stop saying that :( "
No. If you feel uncomfortable discussing St Kilda's financial position, I suggest you leave the thread. If you'd like to instead cry your little eyes out over North Melbourne, you can take it to the dozens and dozens of threads already doing that.
happy to discuss St Kilda's finances but would prefer to discuss it with people who have comprehension of what debt is and how its only a problem if you cant service it ...

It is this kind of attitude that means you're in the craphole you are.

$12m+ debt and counting. Biggest AFL distribution by far.

West Coast and Freo board members read spreadsheets not BigFooty posts.

Yours is not pretty.
you are a strange little duck .... im not going to explain it to yu again cause you dont have the grey matter to comprehend what that $12m debt is for ...
of course other clubs are not happy with the distribution St Kilda are getting doesnt take a wild imagination to expect clubs taking a finacial hit would be moaning about a club getting a leg up by head office ... differance is WCE and Freo will get their share back once the world returns to somewhat normal ...
when the world goes back to normal WCE and Freo will get their share back , St Kilda will have an assett that will continue to grow money to the club so the time it can stand alone from the AFL will come soon .. in the mean time North will run with a $1.50 profit circling the the rim and consistantly be linked to a merger or relocation ....
as i said im certainly happier with St Kildas position moving forward than i would if i was a North supporter ...

the fact other clubs are annoyed that St Kilda are geting a leg up is good shows we are relevant ... NO one would give two craps if north fell off the face of the earth

its never going to be able to support an in season AFL game ... its perfect for AFLW and VFL games and of course the pre-season .. but the facility is more than just a footy oval with comercial prospects for professions like doctors physio and the like to be in the facility for the general public plus the newly announced Danny Frawley well being centre to focus on mental health ..

realistically we will still need to play at Marvel (thankfully the AFL owning it means we have a better deal) but form an out of season prospect the Moorabbin development will bring in cashflow through the club all year roundand in a way to better the community (ie not through pokies)
Random question, did saints actually have a pub or social club with pokies out side or near Moorabbin oval?

The reason I ask is some VFL teams and SANFL teams play at certain grounds and own their own pokies. Along with ticket tales and merchandise, pokies are one source of revenue for those clubs.

Look, one way or another Tasmania need to be represented if the competition has truly national aspirations. I don't know how that ends up looking. There are far more wiser and well paid corporate brains on that case than me.. I guess (well they're more well paid no doubt). Relocation seems the cheaper way to go though and if it fails, eh it's only Tasmania and if it completely fu**s over a sh*t club nobody (relatively speaking) gives two shits about then what's really lost? They reload and go again with the more expensive option or forget about it for a while. Or both.

But I digress. I agree with the OP. Saints definitely need a flag. We keep hearing how their list is building and their coach and their synergy is all that and whatever. There's no doubt they need to deliver a flag this time or it's curtains do bally well soon I say.
I also want Canberra/ACT to have its own AFL team Alon with Tassie. Unfortunately, that won't happen soon either.

Random question, did saints actually have a pub or social club with pokies out side or near Moorabbin oval?

The reason I ask is some VFL teams and SANFL teams play at certain grounds and own their own pokies. Along with ticket tales and merchandise, pokies are one source of revenue for those clubs.
yeah we did .... in fact the pokies was one of the key drivers in us leaving Moorabbin for seaford ... our then CEO Archie Fraser had a huge fight with the local council over the relocation of pokie machines from one area of the old social club to the potential new location of the social club for the then planned development of Moorabbin... the council didnt approve it so Archie dug his heals in and uprooted the club for a forgettable period out at seaford out in the middle of nowhere ... that nearly killed our club thankfully we were playing in grand finals so we had gate takings keeping us from going under ... one of the first things Matt Finnis did for us was get us out of that dump of Seaford and back to Moorabbin where we belong he then went about working with the local , state and federal government to get the current Moorabbin redevelopment up and running ...
in a way im thankful those pokies pushed us out of Moorabbin as the plans we had then were nothing on the facility we have built today ..

yeah we did .... in fact the pokies was one of the key drivers in us leaving Moorabbin for seaford ... our then CEO Archie Fraser had a huge fight with the local council over the relocation of pokie machines from one area of the old social club to the potential new location of the social club for the then planned development of Moorabbin... the council didnt approve it so Archie dug his heals in and uprooted the club for a forgettable period out at seaford out in the middle of nowhere ... that nearly killed our club thankfully we were playing in grand finals so we had gate takings keeping us from going under ... one of the first things Matt Finnis did for us was get us out of that dump of Seaford and back to Moorabbin where we belong he then went about working with the local , state and federal government to get the current Moorabbin redevelopment up and running ...
in a way im thankful those pokies pushed us out of Moorabbin as the plans we had then were nothing on the facility we have built today ..
Well I was wondering why they relocated out of what is essentially their spirtual home at Morrabbin oval to re locate 20-25kms away to Seaford. To me it was strange for Saints to do that as it like the Equivalent to the dogs moving away from footscray.

The only Logical reason I thought it made any sense to go to seaford was because Seafords population increased a fair bit around that time didnt it? It seemed like the saints wanted to take advantage of their 2008-11 success and increased their fan base beyong their spirtual base of Moorabbin and its surrounding suburbs.

Your team moved back to Moorabbin a few years later anyway.

circle jerking to wayne carey isnt something to brag about ... but you are right no St Kilda person in our history has done that ...

I've watched my side win two flags mate.

No St Kilda supporter in history has done that.

Nor will they if the supporters are like you.

Soooooo a North supporter claiming St.Kilda will potentially be relocated after:

The club just relocated back to Bayside and the State gov poured millions into redeveloping Moorabbin as a community hub (yes Seaford was a clusterf**k)
Federal Gov last month announced a $16mil investment to build the Danny Frawley Mental Health Center as part of the next stage dev of Moorabbin
AFL just bought Etihad stadium giving us an actual genuine post covid income stream (the previous stadium deal was woeful)
On track to play finals for the next few years (was the 2nd youngest team in the league most weeks)
Almost no major off field cuts to hit the soft cap (we were one of the leanest operations anyway)
Absolutely no reported issues with servicing the debt
Signed Deliveroo and Dare as major sponsors in the last 12 months
Signed a major Chinese insurance organisation looking to push into Australia as a sponsor in the last 2 weeks

Yep! Checks out ...

Soooooo a North supporter claiming St.Kilda will potentially be relocated after:

No, not that's not what I'm claiming at all.

I've said, as has been evidenced in multiple media reports, that big interstate clubs are concerned about St Kilda's ongoing massive debt and AFL funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back