Not open for further replies.

Nedland

Forward Pocket
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Where do most Eagles supporters live if you don't mind me asking.

Being born and bred in Perth this seems a strange statement. Perth has 2mill people and the whole of WA only has 2.76 mill.
Queensland, NSW, NT, International etc... I personally live in Port Hedland 1800km away from Perth. West Coast in particular are one of the most supported clubs in Australia

#gosaintas

Cancelled
Veteran Reimagine Moorabbin
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
It looks like the $20m in debt sainters are going to beat us to the chase

Crap or no crap you still have 30,000 fewer members than Hawthorn and are therefore the embodiment of a broke minnow

simples?
Looking forward rather than backwards and things are looking much more rosy. While you are heading for a wooden spoon and relocating to tassie we are heading for a top 4 finish, record profits and record membership. Enjoy your videos while we saints fans enjoy our season.

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looking forward rather than backwards and things are looking much more rosy. While you are heading for a wooden spoon and relocating to tassie we are heading for a top 4 finish, record profits and record membership. Enjoy your videos while we saints fans enjoy our season.

There is always forward thinking for the Saints really isn’t there?

Being broke, a tiny supporter base and a POS history does that to you I guess.

As an aside, do you own ‘the streak’ :)

#gosaintas

Cancelled
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
There is always forward thinking for the Saints really isn’t there?

Being broke, a tiny supporter base and a POS history does that to you I guess.

As an aside, do you own ‘the streak’ :)
Keep looking back. It's all you've got.

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Keep looking back. It's all you've got.

So I take it that you own the streak too.

I like to pause it as the moment the G Train kicks his 100th

It’s the high point in your 150 year history :)

Look I hope for your sake that it really works out for you this time. I mean a 2019-20 Melbourne type collapse and you’ll probably fold

I guess that explains the Tassie wedge

#gosaintas

Cancelled
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
So I take it that you own the streak too.

I like to pause it as the moment the G Train kicks his 100th

It’s the high point in your 150 year history :)
Looking forward to top 4, record profits and record membership.
Relocation, spoon and videos for you.

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looking forward to top 4, record profits and record membership.
Relocation, spoon and videos for you.

Hawthorn has about $60m in NTA, 26 years of year on year profit and 85,000 members

The Saints, well they have $19m, loyalty (but a very small ‘record’ membership) and ‘character’

You out-survived Fitzroy and Sth Melbourne whilst laying 12c in the dollar so I guess that has to count as a win :)

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Queensland, NSW, NT, International etc... I personally live in Port Hedland 1800km away from Perth. West Coast in particular are one of the most supported clubs in Australia

All clubs have supporters in Queensland, NSW, NT, International etc, West Coast are one of the most supported clubs in Australia because they are based in a two team state which has 2 million people in its capital city and had the state to themselves for near on a decade before the dockers joined.

I do know that Hawthorn have had more than 25,000 members in every season since 1996...

The 'loyal' Sainters had 16,000 in 2000 and 2002

But I guess thats why the Sainters followed Hawthorn to Waverley, to Tasmania, to New Zealand and back to Tasmania again
Easy to get memberships numbers when you provide some of the cheapest in the league. I think Jeff knows once Hawthorn has a bad few years the bandwagoners will fall off they’ll have to look at more games in Tasmania
659A33C4-922A-48F1-91C9-9796CA261D47.jpeg

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Easy to get memberships numbers when you provide some of the cheapest in the league. I think Jeff knows once Hawthorn has a bad few years the bandwagoners will fall off they’ll have to look at more games in Tasmania
View attachment 1063761

I mean that’s gravy but when you have a 7 home game package?

I’m sure Hawthorn will be fine.

With the second lowest dividend in the league I’m sure there is so wriggle room and if in doubt we can always do a Melbourne and get an AFL guarantee :)

The nuclear option is that we lose half our membership and still have more than the Dees :)

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
All clubs have supporters in Queensland, NSW, NT, International etc, West Coast are one of the most supported clubs in Australia because they are based in a two team state which has 2 million people in its capital city and had the state to themselves for near on a decade before the dockers joined.

Footy heartland too ... The steady growth of the membership underwrites the club, & playing finals helps.
I followed the blues in the VFL fyi.

I mean that’s gravy but when you have a 7 home game package?

I’m sure Hawthorn will be fine.

With the second lowest dividend in the league I’m sure there is so wriggle room and if in doubt we can always do a Melbourne and get an AFL guarantee :)

The nuclear option is that we lose half our membership and still have more than the Dees :)
Yes more than double the members but only just ahead in membership/gate takings. Not sure you can afford to lose half your members hence your president talks about Tassie. Hawthorn needs to be successful to have 7 home games in Victoria
09DCC545-2577-4088-8F78-78AF442210AC.jpeg

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes more than double the members but only just ahead in membership/gate takings. Not sure you can afford to lose half your members hence your president talks about Tassie. Hawthorn needs to be successful to have 7 home games in Victoria
1614074372120.png

Why did this just give me a boh nar nar?

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
View attachment 1063845

Be sure you understand the numbers not simply accept them as directly comparable, e.g the Eagles strength is 11 game seated memberships. A club like the Saints arent able to compete on a dollar for dollar basis for many reasons many beyond their control.

There is a reason we are not told what constitutes a membership on a club by club basis, 3 game members etc.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Isn't it simply any Membership worth $50 or more?

Is it ? Thats why we need more info to understand the comparisons.
It easy to pump out numbers, but without understanding what they mean, all that results is uninformed comment, & that suits the AFL.

Feb 1, 2004
Sweden
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Helsingborg Australian FC
Did any of Melbourne’s grand finals actually get broadcast or did they all pre-date television?

Melbourne has really been unlucky in this.
All Grand Finals from 1957 to now have been broadcasted.
Unfortunately 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1962, 1963 and 1964 have been wiped or lost.
Of the seven lost Grand Finals that’s four of Demons Premierships.

We are lucky so many Grand Finals exist from the 60’s, 70’s and early 80’s

Most home and away games up to the mid 80’s have also been wiped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back