Rumour The St Kilda debt situation - no more tick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone commenting in this thread actually qualified in anything relating to finance or accounting?
I did economics in VCE so basically I have like a PhD and with my analysis...

St. Kilda and North stay

whilst Carlton gets forced out.

But for real... With my limited knowledge I don't see any club going anywhere in the next 10 years.

Last edited:
If we had 15 years of threads about
North's
debt, it might not actually be a personal vendetta against St Kilda if there's 1 discussing St Kilda's.

The problem is that every Saints supporter in here has gone down the route of, "oh yeah, well what about your club's issues!" the second the debt is brought up lol

If we had 15 years of threads about
North's
debt, it might not actually be a personal vendetta against St Kilda if there's 1 discussing St Kilda's.

The problem is that every Saints supporter in here has gone down the route of, "oh yeah, well what about your club's issues!" the second the debt is brought up lol

I'm saying if we copped out rightful whack, don't come sooking when it's your turn lol
I have always admired North Melbourne. They have survived everything thrown at them. They have seen out 2 world wars, the Korean war, the Vietnam war, the gulf war, various wars in the middle east. The invasion of Afghanistan, the invasion of Iraq, the Sars virus, the corona virus 🦠 and the Russian invasion of Ukraine. LoL

I have always admired North Melbourne. They have survived everything thrown at them. They have seen out 2 world wars, the Korean war, the Vietnam war, the gulf war, various wars in the middle east. The invasion of Afghanistan, the invasion of Iraq, the Sars virus, the corona virus 🦠 and the Russian invasion of Ukraine. LoL

And yet we're always apparently 5 minutes from folding if you ask the BigFooty brainstrust lol

200.gif

And yet we're always apparently 5 minutes from folding if you ask the BigFooty brainstrust lol

200.gif
Also I forgot to add this. North Melbourne survived the presidency of George W Bush from 2001-2008.

And the Donald Trump presidency of 2017-20. LoL

Last edited:
Also I forgot to add this. North Melbourne survived the presidency of George W Bush from 2001-2008.

And the Donald Trump presidency of 2017-10. LoL

Good point, everyone get in line and thank North Melbourne for our heroics

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the reason for Adelaide/Freo assets to be so low?

Why would any of these clubs have particularly high book asset values?

They’re not manufacturers who own plant and equipment, or retailers who have inventory. And they mostly don’t own their grounds and gyms and offices, because why would they need to?

Their main assets are brand and players. Neither of those will ever appear on the books.

dunno. they have few assets?

Just seems uncharacteristic when having a quick comparison to other clubs of their size - although I'm admittedly ignorant on the structure of the WA/SA clubs

Well this saints vs north thread is getting as nasty as the Russian invasion of Ukraine. LoL.

So is North Melbourne the right Russia or Ukraine in this thread? LoL

Ukraine because we've been getting destroyed for months as well

Say you have a mortgage and you have 10m to pay off... it sounds bad right? But what if you're assets are 50m in value. Not so bad anymore right.
Admit defeat and say North are a well run club. LoL.

I await the day all 18 clubs get into debt and follow Norths model LoL 🤣

Cut back on everything such as players, coaches, salary cap, other staff in the footy department and most importantly be one like North LoL

... asks increasingly nervous poster for the 10,000th time.

Empires will rise and fall before North Melbourne kicks the bucket.
F##king oath mate.

North has been around for more than 150 years.

North have seen through many wars and virus 🦠 out breaks.

North has survived and tolerated the Donald Trump presidency lol

F##king oath mate.

North has been around for more than 150 years.

North have seen through many wars and virus 🦠 out breaks.

North has survived and tolerated the Donald Trump presidency lol

This feels like deja vu

Both North and Saints can survive, and hope they do, but are they in the right league?

Realise as a supporter of a manufactured composite team that was created in the 90s to fill a gap gonna cop it for asking that question.

Both the Saints or North (or just one of them) could easily be powerhouses in the VFL retaining all their history and ability to survive, with no mergers or relocations needing to be discussed again.

My fear with both teams is growth opportunities, ie next wave of supporters, eg how many people are jumping on a North bandwagon right now.

No one wants to see another Fitzroy situation.

Both North and Saints can survive, and hope they do, but are they in the right league?

Realise as a supporter of a manufactured composite team that was created in the 90s to fill a gap gonna cop it for asking that question.

Both the Saints or North (or just one of them) could easily be powerhouses in the VFL retaining all their history and ability to survive, with no mergers or relocations needing to be discussed again.

My fear with both teams is growth opportunities, ie next wave of supporters, eg how many people are jumping on a North bandwagon right now.

Your Adelaide.

Your club has been around since 1991, that's over 30 years of history.

50 years from now, argument of crows being a composite side or a franchise will be irrelevant.

I think to make that happen, the VFL needs some dignity and independence, rather than being the Frankenstein's monster of a league it is now.

Personally, I'd separate the AFL reserves teams into their own league and send Southport back to the QAFL. The traditional teams could then have a competition representing the best of greater Melbourne community clubs. I'd put that competition under a Victorian specific body with at least nominal independence, similar to the SANFL and WAFC, and maybe even call it the VFA. Then it might become a league that's at least tolerable to drop down to. Maybe the NAB league can be merged into it as its colts division to make the clubs stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back