Resource The St.Kilda Football Archive

AirWinmar

All Australian
Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi All, im overseas and sick and want to watch the saints v sydney full replay. Just wandering if anyone has a link. The one on here is the highlights:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GrammarPolice

Draftee
Jun 14, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi guys, great thread. In light of recent events, i was hoping that someone has Spud's hof speech from 2007. Also, plugger's full speech from 2010 as well.

Thanks in advance.

NextYearPlease

Debutant
Oct 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
George, love your work. I recently got an Apple TV with YouTube on it to hook up to my TV. Some time in the past I thought I read that this archive was all in one spot on a YouTube channel. I can't find the reference now - am I on the right track or is my memory playing tricks on me?

George

Aug 17, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Liverpool
George, love your work. I recently got an Apple TV with YouTube on it to hook up to my TV. Some time in the past I thought I read that this archive was all in one spot on a YouTube channel. I can't find the reference now - am I on the right track or is my memory playing tricks on me?
No mate I've sourced the videos from various channels, but mostly from riewoldt12 and StKilda FC Archive on YouTube.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Bristol City FC
Hey, this is one for amateur historians out there who don't mind a trip back to the bad old days.

As someone who only got into AFL in the late nineties, I was wondering if the older supporters out there could contextualise the seventies and eighties at the club for me.

Wikipedia states:
1974 saw the Saints decline to the lower half of the ladder for the first time since the 1950s, finishing tenth with seven wins. The club failed to build on competitive seasons in 1975 and 1976. Allan Jeans coaching career at St Kilda ended at the end of the 1976 season after 16 seasons.

1978 began and ended strongly, but a mid-season slump saw the club narrowly miss the finals. 1979 began well with a win over Hawthorn before a run of defeats and finishing a clear last. Continuing financial pressures and defeats saw the club remain in the bottom three for every season from 1979 to 1986.

How did we become so financially poor in the first place? Had we always been poor (and if so, why?), or were we sleeping or making bad decisions at crucial moments? I'd like to understand how we got from many years of security at the top end of the ladder to the basket case that we were in the eighties.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

What you are referring to is this channel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom