Resource The St.Kilda Football Archive

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All, im overseas and sick and want to watch the saints v sydney full replay. Just wandering if anyone has a link. The one on here is the highlights:)

Hi guys, great thread. In light of recent events, i was hoping that someone has Spud's hof speech from 2007. Also, plugger's full speech from 2010 as well.

Thanks in advance.

Hey George , ive been watching videos from 2009 , what a year that was. This is a great collection you have put up , so many memories :)
I'm sure I will be visiting this thread many times over the next few months!

George, love your work. I recently got an Apple TV with YouTube on it to hook up to my TV. Some time in the past I thought I read that this archive was all in one spot on a YouTube channel. I can't find the reference now - am I on the right track or is my memory playing tricks on me?

George, love your work. I recently got an Apple TV with YouTube on it to hook up to my TV. Some time in the past I thought I read that this archive was all in one spot on a YouTube channel. I can't find the reference now - am I on the right track or is my memory playing tricks on me?
No mate I've sourced the videos from various channels, but mostly from riewoldt12 and StKilda FC Archive on YouTube.

Hey, this is one for amateur historians out there who don't mind a trip back to the bad old days.

As someone who only got into AFL in the late nineties, I was wondering if the older supporters out there could contextualise the seventies and eighties at the club for me.

Wikipedia states:
1974 saw the Saints decline to the lower half of the ladder for the first time since the 1950s, finishing tenth with seven wins. The club failed to build on competitive seasons in 1975 and 1976. Allan Jeans coaching career at St Kilda ended at the end of the 1976 season after 16 seasons.

1978 began and ended strongly, but a mid-season slump saw the club narrowly miss the finals. 1979 began well with a win over Hawthorn before a run of defeats and finishing a clear last. Continuing financial pressures and defeats saw the club remain in the bottom three for every season from 1979 to 1986.

How did we become so financially poor in the first place? Had we always been poor (and if so, why?), or were we sleeping or making bad decisions at crucial moments? I'd like to understand how we got from many years of security at the top end of the ladder to the basket case that we were in the eighties.

Last edited:

What you are referring to is this channel

wow fantastic work George ...
shame we couldnt get round 14 1996 .....
seems like and obscure game to most people but for me a very special game ... see in round 14, 1996 a young whipper snapper at the age of 14 managed to see his first ever live St Kilda win .. that kid was me .. its a game burnt into my memory... Spida with 3 goals , Aussie Jones with 3 goals and Nicky Winmar with 3 goals...
Harvey at his absoulute peak ...
i had only just started following footy so it was only my 3rd or 4th game i had been to ...

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi there
In my researching I've come across never-before-seen colour footage of StKilda vs Coll
I've uploaded them to youtube.

StK vs Coll Rd 4 1973 at Waverley (Anzac Day)

Stk vs Coll Rd 7 1974 at Moorabbin

Cheers
Rhett
RFC Historian

Hi there
In my researching I've come across never-before-seen colour footage of StKilda vs Coll
I've uploaded them to youtube.

StK vs Coll Rd 4 1973 at Waverley (Anzac Day)

Stk vs Coll Rd 7 1974 at Moorabbin

Cheers
Rhett
RFC Historian

Incredible stuff, thanks mate!

Hey guys, quick update. AFL changed the URL of the links for the games from 2010, 2011, 2012, 2018 and 2019 so I have changed those to now get them working again.

Have been adding to this archive as games pop up online and it's pretty incredible the huge online collection of videos out there. We almost have every game from 1996 onwards!

Have checked most of the links from all years to make sure they're still working ahead of the re-start of this season.

Any issues let me know.

Hi guys. Looking forward to the game this week.
I was wondering if anyone had any of the following Saints games in full:

2005 Round 6 v Collingwood
2005 Round 17 v Collingwood
2006 Round 14 v Collingwood

Cheers.

Hi guys. Looking forward to the game this week.
I was wondering if anyone had any of the following Saints games in full:

2005 Round 6 v Collingwood
2005 Round 17 v Collingwood
2006 Round 14 v Collingwood

Cheers.
I'd e-mail this guy;

Archive has been fully updated to end of 2018.

Any broken links please let me know.

Enjoy!

Hi George,

The 2006 R14 Game is set to private. Have you got this game saved anywhere, or do you remember who's channel it was on so I can go about requesting access.

Cheers

Hi George,

The 2006 R14 Game is set to private. Have you got this game saved anywhere, or do you remember who's channel it was on so I can go about requesting access.

Cheers
Sorry mate seems to have been removed, if it pops up again I'll let you know.

This thread is now just a tick over 2 years old...wow

Hope it has passed the time for you guys or a chance to reminisce.

Cheers

Hey George , I have a question. I’ve become friends with a guy in England, a Sheffield United fan . Anyway he started listening to our footy podcast and he gets to see some game live . If he joins up to big footy would he be able to watch the videos you have put up here of games ? He is still learning the rules and finds somethings confusing, don’t we all lol , but I was thinking of telling him about this site . Actually I have mentioned it to him but I never mentioned the game videos you have put up to watch . He has become a real keen Saints supporter .

Hey George , I have a question. I’ve become friends with a guy in England, a Sheffield United fan . Anyway he started listening to our footy podcast and he gets to see some game live . If he joins up to big footy would he be able to watch the videos you have put up here of games ? He is still learning the rules and finds somethings confusing, don’t we all lol , but I was thinking of telling him about this site . Actually I have mentioned it to him but I never mentioned the game videos you have put up to watch . He has become a real keen Saints supporter .
Yep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back