The St Kilda schoolgirl and our troubled relationship with tricky women

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, and yes.

But the manner in which the relationships ended and the way the club treated her at that time were not ideal.

When you initiate a relationship with a 16 year old who idolizes you, i think it should be the responsibility of the adult not to treat her badly to the point of her flipping out. (remembering a 16 year old is just an oversized kid. when i was 16 i was ridiculously immature)
You still appear to be pretty wet behind the ears.:D

Getting back to the linked article in the OP - closing sentence pretty much sums it up...
The anger directed toward this girl shows the continued threat of the tricky woman to men keen to maintain their power and privilege.
What a load of postmodernist feminist pseudo-intellectual claptrap.

Stupid/disturbed/amoral (take your pick) immature girl launches self-promoting vendetta against football club, largely based on lies and exaggerations, ably supported by the junk media, and she's some sort of feminist martyr, a 'threat to the patriarchy'? Give me a break.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And sometimes dumb, self-destructive, morally and socially unacceptable (in any civilised society, in any century) behaviour is just that.

Spinning it out into an overblown mini-thesis harking back to feminist heroines of the early 18th century doesn't reveal anything about the current state of our patriarchal society :rolleyes: but it certainly reveals something about the intellectual depth of this "Postdoctoral fellow" (i.e. PhD who can't get a real job) and the academic standards of the insitution that employs her.
Michelle Smith receives funding from the Australian Research Council.
Your taxes at work :rolleyes:

well, there is another person's life she has wrecked

Maybe. But with every action there is a reaction. In the case of the nude photos had Gilbert not kept them as he promised then they would never have been released. Duthie is not the solely responsible party for the Saint Kilda Fiasco.

Maybe. But with every action there is a reaction. In the case of the nude photos had Gilbert not kept them as he promised then they would never have been released. Duthie is not the solely responsible party for the Saint Kilda Fiasco.

if you hadn't have been carrying money in your wallet when i mugged you, i wouldn't have been charged with theft. i am not the solely responsible party.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back