Streaming The STAN thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone watching From? Not hard to believe it's from the makers of Lost. You get about 60 seconds per episode that actually advances the storyline padded out with bullshit character development and completely moronic, pointless conversations and 'drama'.

I've got to go out there again!
No you can't go out there again!
I've got to!
YOU CAN'T!
I. HAVE. TO!
Well fine! Go then!

Aaaaand scene.

Cut to the woman going through heroin withdrawal and her girlfriend the nurse for another 3 minute argument scene or the manchild having a 3 minute tanty because someone went into his bedroom and took a crayon!

/rant

Anyone watching From? Not hard to believe it's from the makers of Lost. You get about 60 seconds per episode that actually advances the storyline padded out with bullshit character development and completely moronic, pointless conversations and 'drama'.

I've got to!
YOU CAN'T!
I. HAVE. TO!
Well fine! Go then!

Aaaaand scene.

Cut to the woman going through heroin withdrawal and her girlfriend the nurse for another 3 minute argument scene or the manchild having a 3 minute tanty because someone went into his bedroom and took a crayon!

/rant

I thought the Pilot was good last week but haven’t been back?

No good then?

I thought the Pilot was good last week but haven’t been back?

No good then?
I can't decide yet and that's where they get you! Keep that going for long enough and all of a sudden you're 3 years down the track and
john travolta nba GIF

I've got to!
YOU CAN'T!
I. HAVE. TO!
Well fine! Go then!

Aaaaand scene.

/rant

I think i'm watching 15mins a episode. Just Fast forwarding majority of it. Feel like I've missed nothing

I'm quite enjoying From, and yes, they do pad things out and keep you guessing just like in LOST, but I think the concept is very interesting.
Sure. And the last 60 seconds of s2 will make sure you come back for s3. The rest of the last episode is mostly padding.

I wonder if they have an end game this time or is it just drag it out again until the ratings start dropping off then end it with they were actually all dead the whole time.

Sure. And the last 60 seconds of s2 will make sure you come back for s3. The rest of the last episode is mostly padding.

I wonder if they have an end game this time or is it just drag it out again until the ratings start dropping off then end it with they were actually all dead the whole time.

The last 2 eps were good. Hopefully a longer S3 and that's it.

Trying to watch stuff on this and the quality keeps dropping. Looks like I'm watching YouTube in 2006 at times. Can't run shows in HD and it has to be a Stan issue because every other streaming service runs a dream and I have great internet.

Very close to cancelling my subscription. Not into Power or Yellowstone so there isn't much keeping me around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to watch stuff on this and the quality keeps dropping. Looks like I'm watching YouTube in 2006 at times. Can't run shows in HD and it has to be a Stan issue because every other streaming service runs a dream and I have great internet.

Very close to cancelling my subscription. Not into Power or Yellowstone so there isn't much keeping me around.
That's weird. We watch it quite a bit and don't have any issues like this.

Neither. Stan’s quality control tends to be reliable in my experience, not prone to variance in copies or drop outs in quality. It certainly isn’t the first streamer to come to mind for that sort of thing, one of the more straightforward. Might be a more local devices/casting/app (viewing) issue.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back