Streaming The STAN thread

Streaming Television
Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Thought I'd start a thread where we can just generally discuss shows or movies you might be watching on STAN.

This includes ANY TV series or Movie you are watching on STAN.

We've been enjoying watching Will & Grace, really like David Schwimmer on the show. I've been watching The Last Ship on occasions and have got into it.

Last edited:

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
They've only made about 6 shows. Will & Grace and The Last Ship aren't any of them.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
They've only made about 6 shows. Will & Grace and The Last Ship aren't any of them.
Again, this thread is not about shows made specifically for STAN (like in the Netflix thread), it's just a place to discuss anything you might be watching on STAN at the moment. You need to stop smelling your own farts.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Bump bump bump.

Black Monday is hilarious and captured my attention within the first 30 seconds. Don Cheadle is awesome in it.
I enjoyed Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and really hope it's going to get a second season.

RuPaul's Drag Race is my fave. Can't wait til All Stars 5 yaassss

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Wolf Creek the series was awesome.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm surprised there isn't much of a response in this thread - I reckon Stan is getting a pretty fantastic mix of classic movies and new shows. I just watched There Will Be Blood last night (great film!) and one of my favourite shows of the last few years is on there - Get Shorty. It's really brilliantly done!

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm surprised there isn't much of a response in this thread - I reckon Stan is getting a pretty fantastic mix of classic movies and new shows. I just watched There Will Be Blood last night (great film!) and one of my favourite shows of the last few years is on there - Get Shorty. It's really brilliantly done!
I’ve watched about half of the first season of Get Shorty on a plane a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, I sense by your post it’s worth persisting with? I enjoyed the first few eps

MC Bad Genius

Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I’ve watched about half of the first season of Get Shorty on a plane a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, I sense by your post it’s worth persisting with? I enjoyed the first few eps
Yeah, it's really great. Some of the characters are a bit of a two-dimensional stereotype in the first season, but they all get fleshed out as they go along, which i think makes Season 2/3 even better than the first. Chris O'Dowd plays completely against type much better than I expected, but Ray Romano's character is probably my favourite.

Dec 1, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
RuPaul's Drag Race is my fave. Can't wait til All Stars 5 yaassss

All Stars has kind of disappointed, especially after falling in love with Krystal Methyd and Heidi N Closet just a few short weeks ago. And before that UK. And I haven't even started Canada. And then there was Secret Celebrity Drag Race. There's a risk of oversaturation.

Found The Other Two an enjoyable comedy series, ditto PEN15 which I'm about halfway through. And Ramy, which I need to watch Season Two of. In short, they have some really good current comedies on there! And then Normal People was just gorgeous and beautiful.

I also do admire their foreign and classic films collection, which is a lot better than Netflix. It's a worry that in this period of streaming a lot of classics seem to be left behind, so it's nice to see The Umbrellas of of Cherbourg, Persona and numerous Werner Herzog films to pop up.

MC Bad Genius

Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
All Stars has kind of disappointed, especially after falling in love with Krystal Methyd and Heidi N Closet just a few short weeks ago. And before that UK. And I haven't even started Canada. And then there was Secret Celebrity Drag Race. There's a risk of oversaturation.

Found The Other Two an enjoyable comedy series, ditto PEN15 which I'm about halfway through. And Ramy, which I need to watch Season Two of. In short, they have some really good current comedies on there! And then Normal People was just gorgeous and beautiful.

I also do admire their foreign and classic films collection, which is a lot better than Netflix. It's a worry that in this period of streaming a lot of classics seem to be left behind, so it's nice to see The Umbrellas of of Cherbourg, Persona and numerous Werner Herzog films to pop up.
Ramy is brilliant. Granted I'm only 3 episodes in, but I'm really loving it. It's a really nuanced take on life as a modern Muslim and tackles some remarkably complex issues e.g. the different expectations of sex/chastity for guys/girls that are culturally Muslim rather than religious.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton

Yeah I agree that All Stars has been a letdown. And I reckon my girl isn’t gonna win 😭. I’m saving the Canada series for after this one, too confusing to watch both at once.

Yeah I agree that All Stars has been a letdown. And I reckon my girl isn’t gonna win 😭. I’m saving the Canada series for after this one, too confusing to watch both at once.

MC Bad Genius

Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Has anyone been watching Perpetual Grace Ltd? It's set in New Mexico (so has a bit of a BB vibe) about a guy who thinks his parents (pastors of a small town church and who run a halfway house) are secretly ripping off their clients, so enlists someone to help him steal his parents' wealth with a convoluted plan. The father is played by Ben Kingsley (as in, Oscar winning actor from Ghandi Ben Kingsley!!!) and is absolutely incredible in the role. Some of it is just bonkers and really would fit in well with Coen Brothers films.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
New to Stan.

Power season 1 was great.

Enjoyed Killing Eve but for some reason I've stopped watching it.

Mowing through Breaking Bad again.

Will launch into Better Call Saul once I'm finished with Breaking Bad.

Very impressed with Stan's line up so far.

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
New to Stan.

Power season 1 was great.

Enjoyed Killing Eve but for some reason I've stopped watching it.

Mowing through Breaking Bad again.

Will launch into Better Call Saul once I'm finished with Breaking Bad.

Very impressed with Stan's line up so far.

Billions is cool.

Back