Streaming The STAN thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely overacted with wall-to-wall despicable characters. But it's rarely, if ever, not entertaining. I'm really looking forward to the rest of Season 5!

It is starting to look to me very much like this season was one too many......I had quite enjoyed it until now
it was starting to get a bit tiresome as it was, but the cliffhanger episode had them all popping pills and yet another inflammation of some vendetta and war you thought was done? That is a definite jump the shark moment - signalled by Rick Hoffman making a guest appearance in that episode of all times to do it. If you ask me, his character sent Suits into an insufferable death spiral in around season 5 or 6.

It is starting to look to me very much like this season was one too many......I had quite enjoyed it until now
it was starting to get a bit tiresome as it was, but the cliffhanger episode had them all popping pills and yet another inflammation of some vendetta and war you thought was done? That is a definite jump the shark moment - signalled by Rick Hoffman making a guest appearance in that episode of all times to do it. If you ask me, his character sent Suits into an insufferable death spiral in around season 5 or 6.
I never got into Suits, so can't comment on that, but his character seemed a little ridiculous. But so was Malkovich's character in season 3 (or 4 or whenever) and that was so ridiculous it was great.

I never got into Suits, so can't comment on that, but his character seemed a little ridiculous. But so was Malkovich's character in season 3 (or 4 or whenever) and that was so ridiculous it was great.
Agree. The only thing more ridiculous than Malkovich’ character was the subsequent ones he introduced as associates. That bloke who spilt food on ties.....they killed that storyline just in time.

Suits was great.
I finished it recently too. Started off well but Jesus it became a joke after a while. I mean how many times can Harvey piss off Louis, Louis says he hates the guy, Harvey tells him why he did it and then Louis all of a sudden will do anything for the guy. You literally swap any of the actors too and same thing happens.

Billions is cool.
Have started this - yesterday - has potential

I had heard bits and pieces about it but its mostly unknown to me , which is good. The biggest driver to watch it for me was finding out the writer of Mollys game is involved in this

Billions was an incredible disappointment. Quit after season 1.

Suits was junk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that pretty much any show these days though?

No. Better Call Saul is a drama that happens to be funny. [Insert something] is a comedy with dramatic moments. Billions is a show that tries to be both and excels at neither.

Last edited:
I'm surprised there isn't much of a response in this thread - I reckon Stan is getting a pretty fantastic mix of classic movies and new shows. I just watched There Will Be Blood last night (great film!) and one of my favourite shows of the last few years is on there - Get Shorty. It's really brilliantly done!

Agreed, if you can't find something to keep you occupied on Stan you're hard to please.

Des - fantastic and highly recommend!

Like the White house farm murders. good production. Given Nilsen got off on his notoreity you really hope that as hes dead, he had no clue they would notoririse him further with a TV series

Sadly in the case of Bamber he would be aware of his notoreity on screen

I'm loving all the old Cannon Films they are releasing over time on Stan. Used to watch a few of them as a kid and enjoyed them quite a bit. They ain't Oscar contenders but glorious trash entertainment.

Chuck Norris' Delta Force
Most of Charles Bronson from the 80s
American Ninja series
Masters of the Universe
Over The Top
Cyborg

Are ones available at the moment.

Hopefully they release Enter the Ninja Trilogy or Lifeforce at some stage.

Des - fantastic and highly recommend!
Hadn't heard of it until you posted about it a few weeks ago. Watched it last weekend and absolutely loved it, so thanks! I couldn't help but laugh uncomfortably watching the initial interview scene where he is being so helpful to the investigation. But the whole thing was brilliantly done - David Tennant is so great in pretty much everything I've seen him in (although I've never seen him in his most famous role in Dr Who, but I assume he was good in that too).
Like the White house farm murders. good production. Given Nilsen got off on his notoreity you really hope that as hes dead, he had no clue they would notoririse him further with a TV series

Sadly in the case of Bamber he would be aware of his notoreity on screen
Nilsen died in 2018, which I'm sure was partly why this series wouldn't have been made any earlier than it was. Also, I've been hearing good things about White House Farm. Do you know what streaming service it's on in Australia?
The Vow

Unbelievable in this day...why...how...just incredible
This looks like it'll be another great recommendation. Cults are such a fascinating topic (presumably not just to me) and anything that's made by HBO is bound to be done really well.

We watched The Comey Rule and thought it was really good. Jeff Daniel's was terrific as Comey. The story of a principled man who believes in his country and his job put to the sword by a corrupt, fascist, new President. This is a story of good versus evil, where evil eventually wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back