FTA-TV The Stand

Remove this Banner Ad

It's getting worse each week I think, possibly due to more time in Vegas and therefore more Lloyd. He is the worst thing in TV in many years.Absolutely no redeeming features that would lead to someone making him their right hand man. He's probably on a par with team rocket in pokemon for ability to perform his job and outdoes them for cartoonishness.

I like Larry and bateman as book adaptations. Stu as well despite him being too pretty. Book frannie wouldn't take sleeping pills as she couldn't be certain they were safe for baby. TV frannie attempts suicide with pills. If book character is good, don't make TV adaptation the polar opposite. Simple. Nicks translation has been terrible. Really did nothing of note during his time.

Skaarsgard was more menacing as a wife beater in big little lies then he is as an all powerful anti christ. He wasn't helpedby the s**t settings they made for his dream scenes though. 3 episodes to go I think, hopefully they can finish a little better.

Last edited:
Just watched ep7, I'm in until the bitter end, it's still atrocious.

I can't understand how this one has omitted even more from the book than the 1994 mini-series despite them both having approximately the same overall running time.

Couldn't get past the first couple of episodes. Have started watching the Russian miniseries To the Lake. A much better series.

2 episodes to go. Hopefully next week is the end of Vegas and the finale can be half decent. Not holding my breath. Absolutely nothing about Vegas was done well at all. Some omnipotent being is going to have a video on loop of himself saying we won't have any whining? * off. Trashcan man was so s**t. Wifey Nadine s**t. The people that went to Vegas has been depicted shitly. Only thing not s**t has been Lloyd but my vocab doesn't know a word that can fairly describe his epic horridness.

Only thing not sh*t has been Lloyd but my vocab doesn't know a word that can fairly describe his epic horridness.

You had us in the first half...

Ep 8 was abysmal. Try to remember the very stupidest walking dead episode and it was worse than that.
I didn't believe you but then that courtroom scene started and it was even worse than you led us to believe haha. That episode should have been terrifying, or tense at the very least, knowing the position that larry, bateman and ray were in. But that courtroom was just laugh out loud bad, Judge Judy like but that show is supposed to be a joke. Then at the end Lloyd goes from being his usual useless, whipped self to telling flagg to * off because he likes larrys music and cant swing a baton properly? No chance that character stands up like that.

That episode did have some things i liked though which is a first for vegas.

1. Nadine getting to take the dive they stole from dayna. Wish it was Dayna but they wouldn't have been able to do it justice so this probably works better.

2. Kojak getting to kill himself a wolf.

3. Most importantly, vegas no longer on the map so it won't be in the finale. It really was such a poor execution of the other side of the coin. The good people went to boulder (beside nadine and harold), the bad people that want a world with no laws went to vegas (beside that old dude and the woman that will fear no evil). Stories work so much better when characters are not just good or bad, not sure what standard of writer doesn't understand this.

Is the stupidest episode of walking dead when glenn survives a game of stacks on the mill with a horde of zombies?

I didn't believe you but then that courtroom scene started and it was even worse than you led us to believe haha. That episode should have been terrifying, or tense at the very least, knowing the position that larry, bateman and ray were in. But that courtroom was just laugh out loud bad, Judge Judy like but that show is supposed to be a joke. Then at the end Lloyd goes from being his usual useless, whipped self to telling flagg to fu** off because he likes larrys music and cant swing a baton properly? No chance that character stands up like that.

That episode did have some things i liked though which is a first for vegas.

1. Nadine getting to take the dive they stole from dayna. Wish it was Dayna but they wouldn't have been able to do it justice so this probably works better.

2. Kojak getting to kill himself a wolf.

3. Most importantly, vegas no longer on the map so it won't be in the finale. It really was such a poor execution of the other side of the coin. The good people went to boulder (beside nadine and harold), the bad people that want a world with no laws went to vegas (beside that old dude and the woman that will fear no evil). Stories work so much better when characters are not just good or bad, not sure what standard of writer doesn't understand this.

Is the stupidest episode of walking dead when glenn survives a game of stacks on the mill with a horde of zombies?

Point 1.

In the book didn't Dayna slash her own throat on a broken window and didn't Nadine, who'd been a zombie for awhile, taunt Flagg until he was so enraged that he threw her out the window? Now it's been a few years since I've read it, but that was how I remembered it, or have I got it arse about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Others might like it, I think it's absolute garbage.
yeah, browsed a couple of pages after asking and seems like most do not like it although it does sound like many have pre-conceived motions of what they wanted or expected to see as sounds like many of you have read a book or watched something else about it. I not had any connection to a book or series about it in past so I not totally giving up before I bother to take a look but it not sound promising all the same. I know to keep an open mind and will before I actually take a look at it.

Point 1.

In the book didn't Dayna slash her own throat on a broken window and didn't Nadine, who'd been a zombie for awhile, taunt Flagg until he was so enraged that he threw her out the window? Now it's been a few years since I've read it, but that was how I remembered it, or have I got it arse about?
Right you are. She tried to jump through but didn't make it all the way, so used it to slash her throat. Been a while for me too.

yeah, browsed a couple of pages after asking and seems like most do not like it although it does sound like many have pre-conceived motions of what they wanted or expected to see as sounds like many of you have read a book or watched something else about it. I not had any connection to a book or series about it in past so I not totally giving up before I bother to take a look but it not sound promising all the same. I know to keep an open mind and will before I actually take a look at it.

If you watch it, really do yourself a favour sometime and get hold of the book and read it.

If you watch it, really do yourself a favour sometime and get hold of the book and read it.
I never do that.
I enjoy movies or tv shows for what I experience when I watch them, if I enjoy them.
I cannot think of a movie where I then wanted to read a book about it.
They are different mediums to me and vastly different experiences for me.

I didnt mind it through to like ep 8 (courtroom) not great but not bhed

It really fell off a cliff and the last episode was so entirely pointless.
He's obv back on the pills :(

I didnt mind it through to like ep 8 (courtroom) not great but not bhed

It really fell off a cliff and the last episode was so entirely pointless.

From what I had read, the last episode was there so that Fran would have to confront Flagg as most of the main characters had, this hadn't happened in the book or the previous adaptation. Didn't add anything to the story at all.

From what I had read, the last episode was there so that Fran would have to confront Flagg as most of the main characters had, this hadn't happened in the book or the previous adaptation. Didn't add anything to the story at all.

Didnt know that (never read the book). Yeh i agree it didnt at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back