Movie The Star Wars prequels vs Force Awakens comparison thread. Why the prequels are infinitely better.

Remove this Banner Ad

You take that back damn it! Seriously though, it might be nothing special to you, but it means something to the fans, it means something to me. I loved seeing it again.

I think it's because she beat Kylo. Now, from a storytelling point of view, Kylo beating her in TLJ and then Rey beating him in IX is predictable. I wonder if they had Rey win in TFA because by the time IX comes out they won't be fighting against each other. I still think it'd be cool if they switch sides or if Snoke replaces Kylo with a new apprentice. Would be awesome if it was del Toro but it doesn't have to be.

Darth Toro has a nice ring to it

You take that back damn it! Seriously though, it might be nothing special to you, but it means something to the fans, it means something to me. I loved seeing it again.

I enjoy the Falcon as well, however I think that's just because I know it. Having played a bit of Star Wars PC games I enjoyed flying other types of ships and there are some good designs out there.

Driver is great as Ren. Only thing wrong with his casting is no resemblance to his parents at all.

Sent from mTalk

If you're gonna pick on the child/parent resemblance thing in TFA, then you're gonna have a problem with 99.999% of films. Maybe more

He's more animated, more depreciating, etc.

OT Han is cocky, smart, sleazy, and doesn't crack too many jokes. The scene where he offers Rey the job is very unlike him, compared to the one in Star Wars.

Sent from mTalk

More animated? Nah breh. The depreciating thing is a function of age for sure

I wonder if they had Rey win in TFA because by the time IX comes out they won't be fighting against each other. I still think it'd be cool if they switch sides or if Snoke replaces Kylo with a new apprentice. Would be awesome if it was del Toro but it doesn't have to be.

In the EU books one son of the Solos is killed by his sister after he turns to the dark side. He was quite whiny and indecisive then turned into a fascist, then he was killed in the last book of the series. I suppose they will have Rey do that to Ren.

I anticipate a big drop-off in the box office. There would have been many who showed up to TFA to find out what happens after ROTJ, and now they have sort of found out.

They should've made TFA Episode 18 or something because when they figure out how to convincingly recreate a young OT cast they will do a real sequel to ROTJ, and make all the money in the world.

He's really different looking though. More than 99.9% of movie families.

Sent from mTalk

What I think the issue is that Harrison and Carrie look 65-70ish and Adam looks 20. Meaning they didn't copulate till they were about 50

That's the weird part

I anticipate a big drop-off in the box office. There would have been many who showed up to TFA to find out what happens after ROTJ, and now they have sort of found out.

They should've made TFA Episode 18 or something because when they figure out how to convincingly recreate a young OT cast they will do a real sequel to ROTJ, and make all the money in the world.

Reckon we are going to find out a lot of what happened between ROTJ and FA in The Last Jedi.

Luke has a lot of explaining to do haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the EU books one son of the Solos is killed by his sister after he turns to the dark side. He was quite whiny and indecisive then turned into a fascist, then he was killed in the last book of the series. I suppose they will have Rey do that to Ren.

No, Daisy has already said "clearly not" in response to being Han and Leia's daughter and the Bloodline novel more or less confirms she's not since it reflects Leia's contemplation of her past. You'd think losing your daughter would've come up, plus in TFA they act like they don't even know her.

She's either Luke's daughter, a Kenobi, a Palpatine, or not related to any of the previous characters.

He's easily the most physically intimidating villain yet.

C0Co1PO.gif

They could have other children.

Not that we have seen or heard about. Can't assume that. Maybe in the EU there is other kids but idk

Bit of age difference between those two.

Sent from mTalk

If you mean Carrie and Harrison, i'll give you three guesses as to why Fisher's face had deteriorated so hard

Kylo would be in his early 30’s in TFA so having parents who are 65-70 is not that weird.

Breh, that's not the face of a 30 year old

Gleeson is the one who looks 30

Remove this Banner Ad

Back