Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
What should we do to fix the issues in our game? I'm talking stuff like congestion. The AFL has suggested a 6-6-6 rule. Do you think this is a good or bad idea?

latest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What will happen is that we will see bruise free football.
I really don’t think it’s a great idea to tinker with the rules when you have no idea what the end product will look like ..what if we make it worse.

Triple six idea will not work at all actually and will lead to congested forward lines because most teams at the moment only play 3 to 4 forwards in the forward 50 meter arc.

If you look at the top three or four teams at the moment they do pray quite attractive footy for most of the game and maybe that’s where the problem lies that we have diluted the talent pool across 18 teams. You do this you end up with eight or nine very average teams in the AFL that produced very average games of football I would like to see more research yes research this weekend I’m going to watch the game from end to end.
I’m actually going to time how long the game is in congestion and how long the game is free-flowing I want to actually see the data has this data been researched because I don’t think it has I have yet to see any evidence of how long The congestion lasts.

We are still seeing most teams kick between 12 to 15 Goalsso we must have some open play for that to occur yes some of the goals do you come from stoppages but there must be some free-flowing football is the problem the fact we don’t have a enough of it or is it the way is been created..

Listening to people talk about the game in the media everyone for me is missing the point. The alleged game that we saw which was open and free flying in the 1980s and even early 90s wasn’t actually that great to watch when you analyse it go back and watch some of the DVDs from those eras.and you will see that the game wasn’t that great.

I would have liked to see some sport scientist research the game first and actually then consult with the AFL the sport science guys could actually give vans players coaches the data first for them to have a look at and the consultative process should have been like this instead of getting a bunch of footballers together over a few cans of beer to chat ...as that’s what it feels like At the moment.

I would have liked this to be research for least two years before any discussion around all changes were made is simply been rushed through. To actually be discussing trials in the 2018 season late in the year is absolutely frightening. If the game didn’t change in the next two years while we collected the data and research and get this properly the world would not implode.

It reeks of policy on the run which the AFL has been guilty of for very long time and it’s something I’ve seen you after year will be constantly tinker with one or two rules to try and out to a rule or a situation that has occurred before. Coaches and players then figure out a way around that rule...hence creating another problem. Sometimes that new you problem is worse.

We Took away the third man up in the ruck and decided to introduce nominations in the ruck. This is been a disaster and a classic example of what is wrong with that game in terms of changing the rules without doing proper due diligence research first, we must get experts to analyse a game experts don’t necessarily need to be ex players.... I would really like to see sport scientist involve to actually analytically look and analyse our game.

Have attended says gone down or is it just the fact that we have social media now and the people can whinge and bitch and moan about the game 24 seven and the noise that that creates is then sometimes something we have to feel like we have to react to. I’m sure we had just as many people whingeing and bitching about the game in the 1980s they just didn’t get on talkback radio social media and Winge about it after the game. I suspect though that during those years it was also a level of acceptance and I think as a society we always feel something has to be perfect again is never going to be perfect. I’m never be perfect and a constant chase to perfection is going to ruin the game and we are already seeing that we are meeting of the rules introduced have been a failure. I even feel the replaying of goals to get the decisions in perfection is actually a negative and no one likes it because confusing and it feels like we even get decisions wrong by trying to make them all right and that’s just stupid.

Bobby Skilton summed it up well. Always been games that have been shockers and always will. STOP playing around with the rules and let the game be itself.
But heh I do not think this will happen because the ground is now described as a work place and in work places there has to be rules for what does happen and what could happen ...a recipe for an unmitigated cluster fcuk and that is what we have. Yep it's professional but a ground is NOT a work place it is a place of recreation and if it is not then it is not a GAME. Can't believe that a bloke like Hocking can come in and think ( to justify his job) that he has the answers...he maybe a good bloke and all that but he was a hack footballer and we should not be blindsided by his BS. As a previous writer said and I also believe they have diluted the game by having 18 teams. That is at least 6 too many and the talent is just not there to justify it. Whence the short comings of the game are magnified.

If sponsors don't like it...

As soon as the CEO of big sponsor says to Gill over a wine or coffee.."the game is s**t"

Gill starts ringing the changes

Reactionary policy

The state of the game change agenda is being driven by the AFL through Muppets like Gerard Whatley.
They want more goals for more ad breaks. They want to * our game over for more advertising revenue.
It's pretty clear isn't it? Unless you have a short attention span and can't follow how the game is being played atm

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Back