Entertainment & Music The stories behind the songs

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Bono can be a preachy campaigner, but I've never seen a bloke who can hold 80,000 people in the palm of his hand like he can.

Plugger35 have you seen the Slane Castle version of this song?, he has the whole crowd screaming No More & No IRA and at the end says the names of the 29 people slain from memory

Yeah I've seen it, I also saw U2 live back in 1989 on their Rattle and Hum tour, they didn't play Sunday Bloody Sunday but it was still a great concert.

Bono has a big stage presence for a fairly small guy and he knows how to work a crowd, great frontman even if he does get a bit preachy at times.

I know Bono can be a preachy campaigner, but I've never seen a bloke who can hold 80,000 people in the palm of his hand like he can.

Plugger35 have you seen the Slane Castle version of this song?, he has the whole crowd screaming No More, No Union & No IRA and at the end says the names of the 29 people slain from memory
Ahem

Possibly had more to do with the Venue, but I saw Springsteen at Hanging Rock and he had nothing on U2 at Docklands
Fair enough, entitled to your opinion.

But he can (and has) consistently had crowds in the palm of his hand.

Hope you enjoyed the gig, I didn't get to that one in 2017 but know plenty of people who did and loved it.

Fair enough, entitled to your opinion.

But he can (and has) consistently had crowds in the palm of his hand.

Hope you enjoyed the gig, I didn't get to that one in 2017 but know plenty of people who did and loved it.
He was great don't get me wrong

Speaking of Joey

"Joey" is the ninth track from Concrete Blonde's third and most successful album, Bloodletting. The song was released in 1990 and was written and sung by Johnette Napolitano. Napolitano mentioned in her book Rough Mix that the song was written about her relationship with Marc Moreland of the band Wall of Voodoo, who would eventually die of kidney failure following a liver transplant. The song was written in a cab on the way to a photo studio in Philadelphia; it was the last vocal recorded on the album due to Napolitano's reluctance to record the lyrics, which were hard for her to deal with.

Immediately thought of this, absolutely brilliant song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back