Entertainment & Music The stories behind the songs

Remove this Banner Ad

"To get to the other side" of life. Ie afterlife.

Whether its true or not who knows.

"Ring a ring o rosie" was meant to be about the black death and dying of the plague but that isnt for sure either.
Here we go around the Mulberry bush, was supposedly written in a women's prison. As it was the only tree in the exercise yard

Wang Chung - Dance Hall Day's. A great song from from 1984, only found out the actual lyrics recently and they are a bit creepy.

Take your baby by the hand
And make her do a high hand stand.....

Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears
Lyrics are worth a read to make your own interpretation :oops:

Wang Chung - Dance Hall Day's. A great song from from 1984, only found out the actual lyrics recently and they are a bit creepy.

Take your baby by the hand
And make her do a high hand stand.....

Take your baby by the ears
And play upon her darkest fears
Lyrics are worth a read to make your own interpretation :oops:
Googled it

It is ******* creepy lyrics

Article in the paper today about Artists who hate their own songs.

Frente hate Accidentally Kelly Street.
Heart hates All I wanna do is make Love to you (dont blame them- terrible song. Alone is their all time best.)
Simple Minds didnt like Dont you forget about me. Was a complete accident they got that song anyway.

Interesting article.. wonder if the big artists if they get seriously sick of their songs. Even the sound of their own voices

I don't know if he still hates it, but John Bon Jovi hated Living on a Prayer and didn't want it on the album.

Ha. I know its a different era but It's My Life >>>> LOAP.

Andrew Farris fought long and hard to kick Disappear off their album. Ended up being their biggest hit off it.

Heart hates All I wanna do is make Love to you (dont blame them- terrible song. Alone is their all time best.)
Simple Minds didnt like Dont you forget about me. Was a complete accident they got that song anyway.

Interesting article.. wonder if the big artists if they get seriously sick of their songs. Even the sound of their own voices
Duno if article mentioned it but Kurt famously despised Teen Spirit after it blew up

Not surprised Frente hated Accidentally Kelly Street, most other people hated it too and The Late Show took the piss out the song and the video with this parody.

Surprised that Simple Minds hate Don't You Forget About Me, it's a great song and was the theme song for The Breakfast Club which was one of my favourite films from the 80s, it was also one of the reasons I became a Simple Minds fan back then.

Maybe they don't like it because they didn't write that song themselves but they owe a lot of their success to that song, especially in the US where it was a big hit.

Billy Joel is sick of Piano Man.

He doesnt like Uptown Girl either. IIRC the intro to it "heres a song i know all you -beeps- wanna hear but i dont wanna do"... something like that.

When I saw him in Detroit, Wonder gave a pretty average performance of Superstition.

And the beach Boys were underwhelming during Kokomo.

He doesnt like Uptown Girl either. IIRC the intro to it "heres a song i know all you -beeps- wanna hear but i dont wanna do"... something like that.
Yep, also correct.

Originally wrote Only The Good Die Young as a reggae song until his drummer convinced him otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, also correct.

Originally wrote Only The Good Die Young as a reggae song until his drummer convinced him otherwise.

Lol thats brilliant.,

And thank god for that drummer!!!!

I'm pretty sure INXS wanted to do a reggae album, but were talked out of it.

I don't think The Church like playing Under The Milky Way, I saw them play a gig in San Diego and they didn't play it.

Some drunk American college dudes kept chanting "Milky Way, Milky Way" in between songs to try and get them to play it and Steve Kilbey cracked the shits and told them to shut up, don't blame him as they were annoying me as well.

I'm a huge Church fan and know all their songs so it didn't bother me that they didn't play it but if I was just a casual fan I would've been disappointed.

You want bands to play their biggest hits even if they might be sick of playing them, no one goes there to hear their new songs that no one knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back