Discussion The Sub-Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

I realize there's a feedback thread but this deserves its own thread IMO

I think that in footy jumper terms, the sub forum has been a Brisbane 2010

It just doesn't get anywhere near the traffic of the main forum, much to the comps detriment, and the main forum isn't that busy anyway.

One option would be to move Comps/Polls there after they close, but I don't really see the point in that.

Any Thoughts/Opinions/Suggestions/Thread Needs More Ochre?

It has been like Brisbane's 2010 on field form aswell. :p

Seriously though, I think your right it has been pretty poor. Maybe good as an archive board where finished comps/polls go and get locked that way they are still there it is just for reference purposes, kinda like some Car For sale forums/boards do. Just an idea...

Yeah, it hasn't worked as we really hoped/desired imo. I'd like to see it become an archive board. Just displaying old polls/comps.

I've hardly been around for ages, but I agree in that it doesn't get the same traffic as the main section does. Turning it into an archive sub-forum could be a good way to clean up the threads.

+1 for the archive board. I've been around this board long enough to know that with the work we did in getting more members designing, that it would be a backward step to lose activity by holding all comps in the sub-forum.

Keep the comps/polls on the main board until they are finished, then move them to the "archive" board (which could even have subforums in itself, KOTW, AGOTW etc). No need to lock the threads, because if someone a few months later wants to comment on the guernseys, it saves them starting a new thread. :thumbsu:

Seriously though, I think your right

Cough cough.

Me, I don't mind the sub-forum - I find I go to the main one to check if I've missed any new threads, and by matter of course I dip into the sub-forum.

What I think is more important is getting images displayed at full size instead of arbitrarily shrunk.

Cough cough.

Me, I don't mind the sub-forum - I find I go to the main one to check if I've missed any new threads, and by matter of course I dip into the sub-forum.

What I think is more important is getting images displayed at full size instead of arbitrarily shrunk.
Did I miss something?? Or is that just a reference to me saying coxy is/was right??

Yeh, because I stay logged in, even when Im not on here, I know if there are any unread posts in the Polls/Comps board so I go in, read and vote if I need to.

Yes exactly right. That might come when and if we move to a different server(??) like was anounced under the "Does BF suck" announcement a couple of days ago.

I find subscribing to both forums as a whole works well. At the bottom of the My BigFooty page, there is a number of threads and posts. I'm pretty sure our main board has 525 right now, so if it's gone up you know that there's new unread threads.

I think it's people who are new or less active in the board. They may not understand what the sub forum is for and that there are comps and polls going on in there.

I think it's people who are new or less active in the board. They may not understand what the sub forum is for and that there are comps and polls going on in there.
Haha even I'm forgetting. I only just found the KOTW poll, I always wonder where they are nowadays :eek:

yeh this is what i think

I have no doubt GANTY, Gibbsy, smeagle etc all regularly check the sub forum but a lot of th enon regulars wouldnt IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back