Mod. Notice What do you want to see on the Geelong Board in 2017?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a little less actual footy to discuss over the summer, the mods are opening it up to the masses to make suggestions as to how the Geelong BigFooty experience can be improved.

Feel free to add any ideas you have here.*

Do you like the way the weekly threads (preview, teams, gameday, review, etc) are done?

Any ideas for other regular threads?

Just how badly do you want Willo_ to do another series of interviews over summer??

If you have any feedback that you don't want to make public, feel free to PM any of the mods.

catempire, dazbroncos, Pure_Ownage and winty

*Anything egregiously silly will be removed! ;)

I may have missed it CE but do we have an MVP on the board? As in voting each week with 3,2,1 votes for our players?

With a little less actual footy to discuss over the summer, the mods are opening it up to the masses to make suggestions as to how the Geelong BigFooty experience can be improved.

Feel free to add any ideas you have here.*

Do you like the way the weekly threads (preview, teams, gameday, review, etc) are done?

Any ideas for other regular threads?

Just how badly do you want Willo_ to do another series of interviews over summer??

If you have any feedback that you don't want to make public, feel free to PM any of the mods.

catempire, dazbroncos, Pure_Ownage and winty

*Anything egregiously silly will be removed! ;)
I would like gameday threads to be started earlier, I do like other boards who have there's up on the stroke of midnight. :D

Much more convenient when you're actually going to the footy that day too.

It would be good to have thread to better organize the stats that get collected during and after each match. The screenshot of the stats at the end of each quarter and from the paper the next day.

This may have been done in some way already....but.....can we make umpires more accountable.....create stats for umpires that could highlight any bias they have to teams or players. Call it the Kitty Litter or the Scratching Post. Opps....make that The Scratching Poll

Last edited:
How about someone like Bobby_ does a 'blast from the past' thread in 2016.
Each week he can do an Ablett vid from that round.

A bit of work, but just 2 minutes worth.

I'd love to see more specific threads instead of threads that talk about every issue more focused chats more threads more specific.
Such as thread on Geelong game plan and tactics, be good to have more stats details write ups of individual players at vfl and afl level.

I'd love to see more specific threads instead of threads that talk about every issue more focused chats more threads more specific.
Such as thread on Geelong game plan and tactics, be good to have more stats details write ups of individual players at vfl and afl level.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/cat-scan.225/

I know it does not include the stats portion but have you been here…

Go Catters

Any chance we could resurrect the format where one poster each week would preview the up coming game.would it be to difficult to organize a guest opposition poster to put forward their views on the two sides chances as well.I think it was usually posted on a Wednesday with projected team changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance we could resurrect the format where one poster each week would preview the up coming game.would it be to difficult to organize a guest opposition poster to put forward their views on the two sides chances as well.I think it was usually posted on a Wednesday with projected team changes.
Yes, we have plans to do this in 2016 and will be asking for volunteers pre-season.

Lets get more podcasts happening! Surely Gysenn isn't the only person capable of doing this??

I feel it's time for my voice to be heard on the airwaves again :D

Here is another thought to help pass the off season before preseason,would a thread under the banner of,ANALYSE AND TAKE THEM APART featuring one team per week over 17 week work, as one opens the other closes.We analyse their players strengths weaknesses game plan and so no.That's the bones can someone put the meat on them.

Here is another thought to help pass the off season before preseason,would a thread under the banner of,ANALYSE AND TAKE THEM APART featuring one team per week over 17 week work, as one opens the other closes.We analyse their players strengths weaknesses game plan and so no.That's the bones can someone put the meat on them.
Outstanding idea :thumbsu:

I think contrived threads rarely work
Eventually it is left up to too few to do most of the work
I prefer to take a break during the off season
When I do visit I like see the training and injury updates... and gossip
Ponder the upcoming season. make some predictions and talk tactics.
I do like the idea of discussing other teams and how they go about it.
There some good football brains here I love to read what they have to say

Editing the draft date/s into the 'Key draft, trade and free agency dates and rules' stickied thread would be good for those who haven't already doubted their eyesight and sanity.

Some will probably disagree, but I'd also like if the excellent in-game updates Teriyakicat et al. write in the Gameday threads were a separate thread. If I'm not able to watch the game, I'm generally reading for these and most other comments don't make any sense - if I can watch the game, these updates just get in the way and have to be skimmed over.

YMMV

I would very much love to see these return. But I know they are a massive amount of work- if Willo_ doesn't want to do them, perhaps someone else can volunteer?

I'd like some ideas how to get more ppl to meet ups. Cause... I wanna meet some new blood, bored shitless with the regulars.

/jstjks

I would very much love to see these return. But I know they are a massive amount of work- if Willo_ doesn't want to do them, perhaps someone else can volunteer?

I'd like some ideas how to get more ppl to meet ups. Cause... I wanna meet some new blood, bored shitless with the regulars.

/jstjks
sounds about right.. met you once and Im done already...:p:D

Go Catters

sorry i own the trademark for those interviews :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back