Mod. Notice What do you want to see on the Geelong Board in 2017?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll hold you to that

Edit: I wonder if I put catempire on the ignore list if the thread will go off the thread list

Edit 2: I just found out that you can't put mods on the ignore list

Edit 3: Suggestion for the box: enable us to put mods on the ignore list

Edit 4: Just realised that the only way to never see that thread is if no one posts in it

Here to haunt you...:cool:

Go Catters

I have a legit suggestion... The ability to put mods on ignore.
shocked-will-smith.gif

We've gone with a "things that don't warrant a thread" thread for simple questions and then a more banter-type thread where I expect people will waste hours of their life. :D

There are also other options on the site for people that want a bit more loose-ness.
The Bay which can be an acquired taste but I also find the Sweet FA board a fantastic place to have some fun and stir up people, is also a good place to interact with posters from other teams across the place.

Can help getting it out of your system before posting on club boards as well

Form an orderly queue behind the sign that reads "Arse kissing". :D

But seriously, I can't advocate the use of the ignore function enough. We need some ignore function testimonials!

I used to love the ignore function.
Now- I'm not so sure.

It only really works if posters you are ignoring aren't really in the threads you are posting in. Eg. on the GD Board this doesn't work at all for me. Have put posters on ignore on GD, then in most threads there are long conversations going on (correction- one sided conversations due to the person being on ignore you can't see) so you have NFI what is going on.

Another negative of the ignore function is just giving a particular dickhead to have a free for all go at you, when basically you're not "looking". I had this experience just a few days ago, some stupid prick having a go only noticed this cos I hit the "see ignore content" button.

So for me I'm reluctant to use the ignore function as much as I used to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the threads popping up about assistant coaches and the like might be time to merge them all into one central thread where they can all go?

With all the threads popping up about assistant coaches and the like might be time to merge them all into one central thread where they can all go?
I've finally got access to a computer tonight so will be doing a bit of tidying including this.

Other requests welcome.

Are you mainly talking about the Caracella and Egan threads or is there more?

Are you mainly talking about the Caracella and Egan threads or is there more?
Those are the two and heading off any future ones by having say a Coaching Panel or Potential Coaching panel thread that way we could move those two (Caracella/Egan), the Lloyd thread and anything related in the one central thread

Is it possible to lock a thread with some people still inside,I was thinking the Chris Scott coaching thread would be a good place to start.Could you give that a try.:)

No but we could thread ban everyone but.... say.. one or two people... :cool::D

Go CAtters

When is it trolling and when it is an opnion?

With the selected few posters waiting until anything negative to occur before stating their negative baiting opinions , would this be considered trolling or just tolerated as the poster's opinions?

I'm finding the timing a dead give away to the poster's intentions on this board...

With the selected few posters waiting until anything negative to occur before stating their negative baiting opinions , would this be considered trolling or just tolerated as the poster's opinions?

I'm finding the timing a dead give away to the poster's intentions on this board...
There's no clear line. Report it and let the mods decide.

Don't forget, the Ignore button is your friend.
If you find a particular poster keeps doing things you don't like or agree with hit the old ignore button and you'll be surprised at how much your experience here improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back