No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

SandyToes

Premium Platinum
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As always Bods is a little over the top but unless something dramatic happens this year there is no way we retain King Lukosius and Rankine
I know this Board is supposed to be the safe space for the dreamers but the reality is that at least one of those guys will not be here this time next year
Sadly I've also heard Rowell is concerned about whether his injuries are being managed as well as they could be (a la Jaeger)
We all know what happened when Dave Swallow and Jaeger lost their burst speed
They went from generational players to inside plodders
Rumour, innuendo, whispers sure-but I'm hearing this from multiple sources
I'm sure eppo67 has heard the same -that some players we would like to keep are already gone
It's not rocket surgery
Even a successful new club like GWS that has played multiple finals struggles for retention
We aren't special
In fact finishing last or second last year in year out and playing in front of 9000 fans a lot of whom are expat opposition supporters makes us pretty unspecial
We smash it next year maybe just maybe we retain a couple who might have walked but I think it's going to have to be extraordinary
My silver lining is that our off-field setup is the best it's ever been
If we lose our stars next year then we probably won't sink to the bottom for 5 years like we have in the past because I have much more faith in our systems and back of house infrastructure- and we may just be able to trade into a Big Fish if we lose our own big fish

Mr Bods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As always Bods is a little over the top but unless something dramatic happens this year there is no way we retain King Lukosius and Rankine
I know this Board is supposed to be the safe space for the dreamers but the reality is that at least one of those guys will not be here this time next year
Sadly I've also heard Rowell is concerned about whether his injuries are being managed as well as they could be (a la Jaeger)
I'm sure eppo67 has heard the same -that some players we would like to keep are already gone
It's not rocket surgery
Even a successful new club like GWS that has played multiple finals struggles for retention
We aren't special
In fact finishing last or second last year in year out and playing in front of 9000 fans a lot of whom are expat opposition supporters makes us pretty unspecial
We smash it next year maybe just maybe we retain a couple who might have walked but I think it's going to have to be extraordinary
If we lose our stars next year then we probably won't sink to the bottom for 5 years like we have in the past because I have much more faith in our systems and back of house infrastructure- and we may just be able to trade into a Big Fish if we lose our own big fish
Despite this and it being so obvious that history is about to repeat and there will be more misery for Members and the kids of the GC the enablers will say “nothing to see here, everything will be fine” and Dew will be enabled to fail even more.

SandyToes

Premium Platinum
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Despite this and it being so obvious that history is about to repeat and there will be more misery for Members and the kids of the GC the enablers will say “nothing to see here, everything will be fine” and Dew will be enabled to fail even more.
If he fails and we lose players he won't be here in 2023
From what I've heard he's only here in 2022 due to a lack of a suitable replacement
He's definitely not the worst coach in the World and coaching the Suns would be crazy hard but to have delivered what he has in 4 years with the expectation it will magically be better in 2022 is a stretch for even the most optimistic Suns fan let alone the jaded ones like me

eppo67

Club Legend
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It's not rocket surgery
We aren't special
Honestly all l have heard is the playing group is very tight and happy.
Also they are excited about the change of
Football Manager and incoming experienced coaches.
That's it.

Ben Drever

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I do think the totally uninspiring home crowd would be pretty energy sapping as opposed to motivating like it would be for Richmond / West Coast / Adelaide.

See Isak really trying to pump it up and just get nothing back.

I do worry about that.

I suppose winning changes that a bit though.
hire a crowd lol

Give tickets away..
I Dono just fill the bloody place

Supersuns

Tarkyn_24s Best Friend
Mar 14, 2014
Muddiemooses head
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Roys FFC
That's it.
On this, I was told there is a sense of camaraderie within the playing group that we have previously lacked in seasons gone buy, young fellas really gelling with each other and the older team-mates.
Hollands, Flanders, Sharp, Powell in particular are going to be life long best mates with the friendship they've created.

The Kings Ransom

Senior List
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
On this, I was told there is a sense of camaraderie within the playing group that we have previously lacked in seasons gone buy, young fellas really gelling with each other and the older team-mates.
Hollands, Flanders, Sharp, Powell in particular are going to be life long best mates with the friendship they've created.
Hollands has a younger brother - Ollie Hollands coming through next year.
Rated as a top 10 candidate.
Midfielder 182cm - a little shorter - but a better runner apparently.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to pair this set of brothers up.

SandyToes

Premium Platinum
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
That's it.
Great news
They do seem that way but it remains to be seen whether that translates into on field success and contract renewal
Better than the other way round though!

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs, AZ Cards, SF Giants
Great news
They do seem that way but it remains to be seen whether that translates into on field success and contract renewal
Better than the other way round though!
Also pretty possible to have a tight and happy playing group but also a concern over long term AFL injury management. i.e., what access do we get to best in field people when it comes to treating and rehabbing ACL/PCL/MCL, syndesmosis, and shoulder reco's?

On contract renewal, if we are in the draft range of a keen surfer, draft the surfer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SandyToes

Premium Platinum
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Also pretty possible to have a tight and happy playing group but also a concern over long term AFL injury management. i.e., what access do we get to best in field people when it comes to treating and rehabbing ACL/PCL/MCL, syndesmosis, and shoulder reco's?

On contract renewal, if we are in the draft range of a keen surfer, draft the surfer.
Yeah.
I'm glad they're all good mates a la "Band of Brothers" but that really just translates into Luko getting a big hug from Lachie Weller post game when the Crows thrash us by 10 goals in 2 years time at the AO and he kicks 5 against us

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad